Hand Crank + Minecart

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
TheJohnDoe

Hand Crank + Minecart

Post by TheJohnDoe »

The title is self-explaining.
Spoiler
Show
(Sorry, don't found a better picture)
Triskelli

Re: Hand Crank + Minecart

Post by Triskelli »

I think you mean this?
Spoiler
Show
While I think a Hand Cart would look appealing, I think it would be a redundant addition. How would it work? What purpose does it fill that neither boosters or Powered Minecarts can fill?
TheJohnDoe

Post by TheJohnDoe »

Exactly. I think it fits to Minecraft better than booster rails, and give to us special miner spirit. Imagine, you mined some minerals, placed it to minecart and start clicking to power it, like Hand Crank.
Oh, if there are grammar mistakes, sorry, i don't know english well.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Yeh powered rails have always seemed a bit advanced for Steve to be using...plus they stick out so much x.X normal rails are much prettier.

I think implementing the handcrank minecart plus making powered minecarts more powerful (more powerful, not faster (if possible)) so they can actually push stuff up hills would fit better with the normal minecraft tech level, and eliminate the need for ugly and expensive powered rails (and it wouldn't break existing setups either, as they are an alternative to powered rail not a replacement).
Berhemoth

Post by Berhemoth »

it wuld be cool powered minecart which can push up hill 3 minecart 2 with material and 1 with me it wuld be cool especialy when you find cave bigger than enough
cataline

Post by cataline »

Triskelli wrote:I think you mean this?
Spoiler
Show
While I think a Hand Cart would look appealing, I think it would be a redundant addition. How would it work? What purpose does it fill that neither boosters or Powered Minecarts can fill?

I think they'd be a good idea and quite in keeping with the spirit of the mod; booster rails seem a bit advanced really when much of the mod seems focussed on mechanical rather than 'redtsone' power.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

maybe an addition to make it different then what we already have is to have it attach to a storage mine cart for better transportation of items
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

walker_boh_65 wrote:maybe an addition to make it different then what we already have is to have it attach to a storage mine cart for better transportation of items
... attach the cart to the storage cart?? or attach the hand crank to the storage cart?

Flower has already said that he does not want to do too much to the Minecart code (due to its sensitivity) and so attaching a cart to annother cart... that is one of those things that was pushed to the side! =O But for the meantime we will continue to push carts with other carts! (powered or not)
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

That never seems to work very well for me, and either of your too ways work for me
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

walker_boh_65 wrote:That never seems to work very well for me, and either of your too ways work for me

lol i can see someone running after thier "powered storage cart" and rapidly clicking on the crank to make sure the cart reaches its destination!! =P
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

I real have a Hate on for Notch fixing that Booster cart bug. I had Over 3 km ALL legitly made in my main world . Now it is a ghost town i just coudent be bothered finding all that Gold and making all that Powered rail . ( plus having to calculate how far etch one is apart if it is going up hill add more ect... ect...) i think a Hand powered cart should be added cos it is more or less realistic enough to fit the theam of minecraft and mechanical power . needs to be Slow when going up hill ( think about the balance issues here )
Yushatak

Post by Yushatak »

I like the idea of giving a hand-powered cart an inventory, seems a great way to make it useful without making anything else redundant - it becomes a personal transport rather than part of the system.

Another possible feature/alternative:
How about if mechanically (or electrically, later down the BTW line in the future) powered carts can link, unlike the typical ones, allowing you to PULL carts rather than push them, and see where you're going to boot.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fact: Powered rails are a part of Minecraft now whether you personally approve of them or not.

Fact: This idea provides no functionality beyond what already exists in the game.

Fact: I don't generally make changes to the way the core game functions.

Given all of the above, I don't see anything like this happening.