Battosay's video corner

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Battosay

Battosay's video corner

Post by Battosay »

Moved the entire video list to page 2, since it's so big and heavy to load :

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53&p=1424#p1424
Last edited by Battosay on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:46 am, edited 64 times in total.
Reason: added my latest vid
Kitty

Re: Battosay's video corner /!\ Low bandwith,lots of vids !

Post by Kitty »

The self building house is absolutely mind blowing!!! I have no clue how you did that but it's a hundred times nicer than anything I've ever built by hand in Minecraft. You are a building genius, full stop!
Urian

Post by Urian »

Good to have them all in one place :) Pistons add quite a lot of possibilities as well and we'll get even more BTW-toys soon! :D
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Danyo

Post by Danyo »

<---- totally jealous of your creations and creativity :P

On a more serious note, I might try my hand at building some of those farms, even though I probably never use them ( alltough, the tree farm if I can do it, I'll probably use, since I hate chopping down trees with a passion ).
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Thanks for posting these! I didn't know you had so many; I've only seen a few of them.
wolf

Post by wolf »

the bridge and the self building house amazing o_o dont have a clue how you did it but awesome job
Supernaut

Post by Supernaut »

Have to agree with those before me, the self building house is brilliant! And the bridge isn't too shabby either at that ;)
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

You might want to make a table of contents with the new anchor and goto tags.
ZombieOverlord

Post by ZombieOverlord »

Battosay Once again you have blown my mind with what this mod is capable of. Well done man.

--Zombie Out--
Rekablade

Post by Rekablade »

This is awkward, I was just on youtube looking at these without noticing I could find them on the forums lol.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Thanks a lot :)
I just added a new reed farm video, and different ways to make redstone clock without delayers :

The reed farm V2 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8NUoJdWfJk

The Bio Clock :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DO1IC1smdk
Rekablade

Post by Rekablade »

can you add spoilers to this thread so it make loading time take less?

edit> oh btw good work, I hope I can become even 1/4th as good as you ^^
Last edited by Rekablade on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teknics

Post by teknics »

Battosay, I stole your thunder and made my own video topic lol, not as good as yours of course, but theyve been getting some nice hits and feedback (seriously BTW has blown the heck up)
sitfull

Re: Battosay's video corner

Post by sitfull »

This is absolutely amazing, i am stunned, especially the tree far. Very nice work there
TheYaMeZ

Post by TheYaMeZ »

Loving the videos Battosay! I'm going to copy your reed farm now just because I need TONS of the stuff... i'm sure the other farms will get added in time ;)
Confused on how to build a two-floor elevator? Check my tutorial
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Though now with pistons I can build farms using far less BD, since the moss stone is so rare.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Battosay wrote:Thanks :)
Though now with pistons I can build farms using far less BD, since the moss stone is so rare.
Indeed:
Spoiler
Show
:D
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

The gravel recycler depends on the pistons being able to throw items. For those who are interested in keeping things vanilla (with the exception of btw of course) you can run a minecart track from where you want to load the gravel, to above the water flow in front of a bd. Fill a storage cart with gravel, hit a button to send it on its way, and use the bd to suck up the cart, and the block below it. This will cause the items in the storage minecart to fall into the water stream and through the filters. It might actually be a better solution than throwing one stack at a time onto a piston. A return loop for the minecart could be a little difficult, so if the bd that grabs it can be reached from the loading location, you could just manually get the cart and recreate the storage cart.
Matticus88

Post by Matticus88 »

I like this videos, very nice indeed. Could you make a Tutorial for the Mushroom farm? thats looks ace.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Matticus88 wrote:I like this videos, very nice indeed. Could you make a Tutorial for the Mushroom farm? thats looks ace.
The mushroom farm appears to have each level 7 blocks deep with a bd triggered water gate all the way at the back. Its a fairly simply circuit to grab the mushrooms along the edges with the bd's and replant them after the the water's flown through. If you're unfamiliar with redstone, I'd recommend playing around with this one yourself to learn some basic circuitry and water flow control. If you don't have enough mossy (or too many items) you really only need to use 1 bd to grab and replant a mushroom although I believe the shrooms will spread a little slower with only 1 planted.

It is a pretty neat design though battosay. It looks great. I'll be constructing my own version soon.
Matticus88

Post by Matticus88 »

yes i'll give it a go at making my own, i'll make it smaller to start with lol
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Just want to say, your videos are fantastically inspiring. Not only have you really put the mod through it's paces, you've also made your work space very visually pleasing. Thanks for creating them, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

SterlingRed wrote:The gravel recycler depends on the pistons being able to throw items. For those who are interested in keeping things vanilla (with the exception of btw of course) you can run a minecart track from where you want to load the gravel, to above the water flow in front of a bd
In the tutorial I made for this one I used the platform instead, for the same result. It's not encoded or uploaded yet though.
And with the pistons the items aren't going up 1 stack at a time, but as much as you want ;)
Matticus88 wrote:I like this videos, very nice indeed. Could you make a Tutorial for the Mushroom farm? thats looks ace.
I will, but not with this design, as I realized it was a real waste of BD, since you can grow mushroom 1 block above and use them as "seed" for the block bellow.
Danyo

Post by Danyo »

So, this might be a silly question... but how DID you manage to get the wolves on those platforms... mine seem to refuse to even go near the places I want them to go ( I guess that part of the great wolf design? :P )
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Honnestly, that's what to me the most time to do when building this factory. I put a 3x3 dirt platform, and 3 stairs under, made them follow me, and then pushed them in the right place.
I did that before placing the water obviously.