Off-Topic Hell (Was: An Important Announcement)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: An Important Announcement

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, at least the chaps and laxative go well together.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

FlowerChild wrote:Well, at least the chaps and laxative go well together.
*facepalm*
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

At 2:35, the building flower points towards next to the 'thing' is a bunker with iron doors. The potions on the hot bar are potions of swiftness. Both point towards him retreating from whatever the thing is. From the reaction to the post about mob textures, my guess is a new, useful mob.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
daveboy2000

Post by daveboy2000 »

flowerchild, petting a companioncube/wolf...? First sign of the minecraft acopalypse! :O

Ontopic: The creature got to be quite large, coming out of it, its a wolf sound too.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Oh wow. Exciting video !
You really know how to tease, you prick :)
I had two ideas watching the vid :
Either a new dimension, which would explain why you're leaving everything behind ("Forget everything you knew about Minecraft"), or some sort of Frankenstein lab, a mob factory of some sort. Using wolves maybe ? ^^
Anyway, I'l thrilled, can't wait :)
FlowerChild wrote:You also have a bit of a history with grandma, where she's made a few off-color comments. You weren't really sure if they were intended as back-handed insults or not, but decided to give her the benefit of the doubt until she said the above, which kinda sheds a new light on things

Now, the question is: do you or do you not slip some baby laxative in Grandma's cake?
This one deserve to go to the Quote topic ;)
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

I wonder what is it we can see on top of two buildings (looking like mills... without the mill). It's like a lightning conductor. So I guess I point towards electricity like others.

And now, FC, I won't be able to play BTW anymore. You know why ? Your video just scared the shit out of me, and I'm a chicken.

I hope I won't be that scared when it comes out ^^

EDIT : I like your frankenstein lab Batto !
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Urian

Post by Urian »

We've gotten a teaser that block 209 (or was it 208? The one after steel blocks) calls on something like fcHomePortal so a new dimension seems possible.

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the BTWilight Zone.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
The great randomo

I think FC has finally implemented This suggestion. :P
Catox

Post by Catox »

hmmmm, this growl !

First thing I thought was like "werewolf", but what I though of was some sort of uber wolf gone mad, so maybe I'd name it "direwolf" instead.

Then I though of the music, one of Excalibur's main themes. And since I don't think we're gonna have to throw some epic blade in the lake to see the lady of the lake appear (though that would be a good reason to add Jessica Alba in the game), then I'm wondering if we wouldn't have to deal with the breath of the dragon or something. Not the little enderdragon, no : THE Dragon.
It would be... Better Than Dragon, Better Than Dragon Breath, even Better Than Dragonborn !

Sorry, I'm forgetting myself...

Thank you FC. Thanks for what you made, thanks for what you're making, and thanks for what we'll get when it's done.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

I just loved the growl. Cerberus came to mind.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Honestly? My first thought when I heard that growl was that the companion cube just output some dung...
Better is the enemy of Good
Catox

Post by Catox »

DaveYanakov wrote:Honestly? My first thought when I heard that growl was that the companion cube just output some dung...
one hell of a dung then !
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

It's a bit weird, but that video gave me a Doom II - Hell on earth feeling!
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Finely a use of diamonds!! :D btw that end with blackcreen made me jump a bit. it freaked me out because i had my sound turned on loud :D damn that was like. WOW!! OMG! :D
Zottel

Post by Zottel »

Yes I guess too, its something in the nether. I'm curious about it.
Sorry for my bad english....i am not a native speaker :(
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

The great randomo wrote:From the reaction to the post about mob textures, my guess is a new, useful mob.
Your guess about the new update, that has been confirmed to have like 30 new blocks, is a single new, useful mob?

Ok
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

ada221 wrote:the thing at the begenning said: RIP: Dingleberry...first wolf? the one that spawned the entire mod? if so, I SALUTE YOU DINGLEBERRY!
yep, dingleberry was FC's first ever "crash test wolf" for when he demonstrated the wolf killing properties of his stuff (note: that tomb was made in the episode about cement... I'll let that sink in for a moment ;) )

I must say FC, if you were actually waving goodbye to your first world... I'm scared now...

(for those who don't know, FC's first world is incredibly special to him, he refuses to release it for that reason, he's said that part of the reason he won't change block IDs or break worlds is so he won't break that world... for him to be saying goodbye... *shudders*)

A trip through memory lane, I expected... but a farewell montage...

this IS big... and the true enormity of it has just hit me...
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

A new dimension does make a great deal of sense actually given the number of block ids used and some of the hints given.
The great randomo

Gilberreke wrote:
The great randomo wrote:From the reaction to the post about mob textures, my guess is a new, useful mob.
Your guess about the new update, that has been confirmed to have like 30 new blocks, is a single new, useful mob?

Ok
Along the lines of that. Obviously it won't be just the mob, there'll be much more depth than I can imagine, but it will almost definitely be threatening.
Catox

Post by Catox »

Calcifire3691 wrote:I must say FC, if you were actually waving goodbye to your first world... I'm scared now...
If your talking about the way he waved at different places before switching the lever, I think he was pointing at the sky : look, sunshine, blue sky everywhere... now listen ! *stoooorrrmmm*
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

What hit me is that he was traveling backwards to where he first started on that world. Even before he made BTW. And that that... thing. Was built right on the spot where he first spawned.

I think he's making the mod delete minecraft :P.

The roar is what we'll sound like :D.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

The more I think about it the more an alternate dimension makes sense. I can't think of anything else that does actually. I just never thought that FC would consider that as giving him enough bang for his buck in dev time...
risingphoenix

Post by risingphoenix »

Hmmm, I don't know about you guys, but that formation of steel obsidian and diamond blocks looks awfuly like a teleporter to me. As far as the sounds go, perhaps he activates the switch, causing a monster to spawn, but for a moment its contained by the smoke made by the steel. Then he turns the switch off stoping the smoke and releasing the beast. Perhaps some of the new blocks use this "extraplanar" creature to make more secure teleport device blocks rather than using obsidian, with its connection to the nether and all the nasty that goes on there. Possibly still using the diamond block as a focus point. I'm definitely thinking immiment death was coming when he put his stuff in the chest though, so whatever it is will definitely be nasty.
IowaGuy wrote: Because if one is going to build a cow farm it should be a glorious automated symphony of cows doing the saw mill boogey.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Sarudak wrote:The more I think about it the more an alternate dimension makes sense. I can't think of anything else that does actually. I just never thought that FC would consider that as giving him enough bang for his buck in dev time...
Now suppose that he did make a dimension, just think of how much bang that would be :P
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

Calcifire3691 wrote: I must say FC, if you were actually waving goodbye to your first world... I'm scared now...
This was my impression too, not that he was pointing at things but that he was waving goodbye. It may be completely off-base but that was the vibe I got from the tour.

Plus he was using Siegfried's Funeral Music as a score.