Enchanting problem?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
nimh1898

Enchanting problem?

Post by nimh1898 »

If I install optifine along with BTW, then enchanting no longer works. I can still see enchantments on items that were already enchanted, but i cant re-enchant them. I suspect optifine is causing this because it modifies alot of base classes that BTW edits. Which class modifies the enchanting for BTW?
Xekrom337

Re: Enchanting problem?

Post by Xekrom337 »

nimh1898 wrote:If I install optifine along with BTW, then enchanting no longer works. I can still see enchantments on items that were already enchanted, but i cant re-enchant them. I suspect optifine is causing this because it modifies alot of base classes that BTW edits. Which class modifies the enchanting for BTW?
not any classes from optifine, that only modifies rendering and graphic based classes, not any gameplay based...
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Yup, I have both installed, and no problem at all.. remember to install Optifine after BTW!
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

itamarcu wrote:Yup, I have both installed, and no problem at all.. remember to install Optifine after BTW!
Could it be SDK's guns? Wireless redstone?
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Yup, probably.
Remember, if you have bugs, don't just say what mod you think causes the problem. list all mods so that we can help you.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

itamarcu wrote:Yup, probably.
Remember, if you have bugs, don't just say what mod you think causes the problem. list all mods so that we can help you.
TMI
BTW
Optifine
SDK's mods (guns only)
Wireless Redstone
Single Player Commands

Should I list mods that these mods require, like modloader MP?
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Nope, you don't have to.

I guess it's SPC or SDK Guns. Try uninstalling them to check in a new world.
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

itamarcu wrote:Nope, you don't have to.

for some reason when i install BTW after optifine, enchanting works fine, but optifine after BTW breaks enchanting. Any idea on which class BTW modifies to implement the enchanting changes FC made?
The only thing SPC breaks is the composite bow drawback animation, so it looks like a wobbling bow instead of charging. I'm fine with that. But I need my enchanting back.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

nimh1898 wrote:

for some reason when i install BTW after optifine, enchanting works fine, but optifine after BTW breaks enchanting. Any idea on which class BTW modifies to implement the enchanting changes FC made?
The only thing SPC breaks is the composite bow drawback animation, so it looks like a wobbling bow instead of charging. I'm fine with that. But I need my enchanting back.
Are you sure it's optifine you're installing? IIRC, optifine then BTW would result in the game not starting.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

Stormweaver wrote:
nimh1898 wrote:

Are you sure it's optifine you're installing? IIRC, optifine then BTW would result in the game not starting.
Does the multi-core version of optifine change anything?
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

nimh1898 wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:
nimh1898 wrote:

Shouldn't do. I'll mess around with it later, if your problem isn't resolved by then.

Really can't see what it'd have to do with enchanting though.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

Stormweaver wrote:
nimh1898 wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:
nimh1898 wrote:

Shouldn't do. I'll mess around with it later, if your problem isn't resolved by then.

Really can't see what it'd have to do with enchanting though.
Yeah its very confusing how that happens.
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

multi-threaded version working fine here with enchanting. :/

clean-install -> modloader -> BTW -> optifine.

enchanting tables work fine.
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

Xekrom337 wrote:multi-threaded version working fine here with enchanting. :/

clean-install -> modloader -> BTW -> optifine.

enchanting tables work fine.
Yes, but will SDK's guns work with it?