Biggest FAIL moments in my minecraft history

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
embirrim

Biggest FAIL moments in my minecraft history

Post by embirrim »

My two latest fail moments...
Spoiler
Show
I wonder why my 5 minute item decay timer is not working....

I'm standing on my to-be breeding factory. I forgot the cows animals were all down the bottom.
Speltz

Re: Biggest FAIL moments in my minecraft history

Post by Speltz »

Yeah, just had one last night. Spent a couple of hours clearing out an abandoned mineshaft and fighting off hordes of baddies, until my inventory was full of goodies. Decided to just tunnel straight up to get back to daylight rather than trying to find my way back through the maze of caverns and whatnot. Made it up to the bottom of a river, so I figured I was clear. But I forgot that I was in the middle of a massive snow biome, and the top of the river was frozen over. Drowned clawing at the ice like a chump, and had no idea where that spot was for a recollection expedition.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Speltz wrote:Yeah, just had one last night. Spent a couple of hours clearing out an abandoned mineshaft and fighting off hordes of baddies, until my inventory was full of goodies. Decided to just tunnel straight up to get back to daylight rather than trying to find my way back through the maze of caverns and whatnot. Made it up to the bottom of a river, so I figured I was clear. But I forgot that I was in the middle of a massive snow biome, and the top of the river was frozen over. Drowned clawing at the ice like a chump, and had no idea where that spot was for a recollection expedition.
See, minecraft is realistic... kinda...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

Touching the technic pack. *shivers in shame*
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

In video, skip to 33:35 and watch:
Spoiler
Show
Remember kids: Always look before you leap.
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

*thinks*...nah...
ONWARD, FOR PROGRESS AND GIGGLES!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

redrew89 wrote:-snip-
how did you not rage quit that one lol. That was an epic fall though. If only item retrieval was possible.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

redrew89 wrote:In video, skip to 33:35 and watch:
Spoiler
Show
Remember kids: Always look before you leap.
Wow, I would have exited immediately and MCedited myself out of there imediately...
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Worst moment ever? Getting 10 diamonds on your first mining run, and then on the return trip, getting almost blown up by a creeper and dropped into the ravine that was hidden under the cave floor into lava.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

"whats this giant walking green thing? i wonder what it does...maybe its friendly!"
imortal last words^
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

"And what's this thing coming toward me very fast? So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like 'Ow', 'Ownge', 'Round', 'Ground'! That's it! Ground! Ha! I wonder if it'll be friends with me? Hello Ground!"
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

Alas, poor Agrajag.
scout37

Post by scout37 »

My first game in hardcore mode:

Game loads
I spawn
Realize i on a 4x6 island in the middle of an ocean with 1 block of dirt
quit, delete world, and vow never to play hardcore mode again.

Still not 1/8 as bad as what happened in the vid.
Living has been the #1 cause of death since time began.
Dr. Kylstein

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

Horizon wrote:Alas, poor Agrajag.
He was the bowl of petunias.

The best I can think of at the moment goes way back to when I first played Survival. After building a settlement and doing fairly well, I got killed by zombies. When I respawned, I didn't see any landmarks, and assumed I'd been reincarnated in a new world. Rage-delete.
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

I am aware. His brother was the whale. I've read them all.
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

DreamsofFury wrote:
redrew89 wrote:-snip-
how did you not rage quit that one lol. That was an epic fall though. If only item retrieval was possible.
Nah, I figured I would stick with it, because that was the first trip to the Nether for that world, and I needed to gather the resources for steel production.
embirrim wrote: Wow, I would have exited immediately and MCedited myself out of there imediately...
Bah, don't talk to me about MCEdit... I have a video I need to upload regarding that...
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Last night I was happily mining away in vMC on a new 1.2.3 world to get materials ready for btw. I had a few diamonds and a full inventory of iron/coal/rsd/gold/lapiz when a creeper violently murdered me from behind. I cheated and used a seed finder to get my player location out of the level.dat file before respawining so I could recover my items. Made it in plenty of time, and figured I'd finish off a stack of iron before heading back. I immediately mined through a wall of iron and straight into a lava lake. -.-