BTW and Nature Overhaul?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
akantorJojo

BTW and Nature Overhaul?

Post by akantorJojo »

hi,
i know they are compatible but there is one problem:

i have heared that i have to install NO first, cause then the btw mod will overwrite the "tallGrass"-file that was overwritten by the NO-mod first.
if this is done tallGrass will not spreed like the NO mod does, but it will drop hemp-seeds (BTW-mod)

[ok... i hope someone understands what i´m writing]

so... i installed NO first ... runned minecraft and installed BTW ... and i went to search for hemp-seeds!!!
i found (up to now) 16seeds but no hemp-seeds ... therefore i think the BTW "tallGrass"-file is not aktive...

has somebody an idear what i did wrong???

PS: sorry for my bad english

PPS:
im also using:
Mo´creatures
Finite Liquid (which also is not easy to install with BTW)
BTW
Nature Overhaul

and to run all of them:
ModLoader
AudioMod
PropertyReader 1.40
GuiAPI
ModOptionsAPI

i think that GuiAPI and ModOptionsAPI also conflict... cause i installed GuiAPI first (for the Mo´creatures menu) and later on ModOptionsAPI(for NO)... and i now can only find the NO-menu... but thats not that important... the Mo´creatures deflauts are ok... ;D
Ice Fyre

Re: BTW and Nature Overhaul?

Post by Ice Fyre »

Have you tried using a hoe on Grass Blocks? The drop rate form tall grass is really really low...

I recommend if you are just starting out a hoe of at least Iron quality, but you are better off using Diamond quality if you have the Diamond...

I have Nature Overhaul and BTW installed together and I have found hemp seeds in tall grass it is just a really low drop rate :(
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Conflicting classes:
ru.class (BlockTallGrass)
yq.class (BlockFire)

In BTW, ru.class lets you find hemp seeds in tall grass, and yq.class makes the hibachi function correctly (not go out). In NO, ru.class lets tall grass spread and die, and yq.class gives you the option to revert to the previous "infinite spread" behavior of fire, before it got nerfed. I don't know if this is all that these classes change, but I'm pretty sure that these are at least the main changes these classes provide.

Since the drop rate of hemp seeds in tall grass is pretty low anyway, and you can get them a lot easier by using a hoe, you can probably overwrite BTW's ru.class with NO's without any major heartbreak. If you are happy with the current nerfed behavior of fire, and you want your hibachis to work the way they are supposed to, then you should keep BTW's yq.class, and delete NO's.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

I'm using NO too and I'm definitely finding seeds. In tall grass they are very rare, but by using the hoe on grass I've found more than enough.

@akantorJojo: For your GUIAPI ModOptionsAPI compability there is a patch in the ModOptionsAPI Thread. Works like a charm, I have access to all options.

Has anybody else problems with getting the lumberjack option to work or did I make a mistake on my part?

By the way: If anybody wants to build an automated farm with NO installed, I would suggest turning the decaying plants of that kind off. Took me over an hour before I realised where the empty spots in my farms came from. :-/
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

well... i have now found over 20 normal seeds in tall-grass but no hemp-seeds... and by using the hoe on normal "dirt-blocks" to create farm land i have never found one... i will try this later on again... i´m using a stone hoe... cause i startet a new minecraft with all these mods...

also it could be, that something conflikts with the FL mod... but some time ago i played with BTW FL and MO´s and i found hemp-seeds in the tall grass even with the stone-hoe...

but thanks for the tipp with the ru.class... that will help me a lot... probably i will reinstall the mods but without the NO ru.class file ;D

EDIT:
i don´t know why but i now could find some hemp... ant thanks for the tipp with the GuiAPI it now works all...
i onls have to find out how i can "craft" standart-minecraft-water (i´m using finite liquid) to drive the wather-wheel... [i know there is a way but i don´t remember...]
DasKinder

Post by DasKinder »

this topic has my interest as well.

Has anyone tried to make a hybrid ru or yq .class?

I would take a crack at it in Jgrasp but i dont know how to convert to and from the .class. If you guys can help me with that, I'll share that hybrid and keep making more to repay for the help
Greed cant get enough
Lust cant seek enough
Pride cant need enough
Envy cant be enough
Wrath cant hate enough
Gluttony cant consume enough
Sloth cant care enough

... are you enough?
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Use MCP to decompile the class files into java and to recompile them once you are done. This is the program Flowerchild uses to make the mod.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I don't think FC wants people distributing merged classes.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Distributing them is a big no-no (and a bannable offense). Having a merged file for your own private use is fine.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
DasKinder

Post by DasKinder »

darahalian wrote:Use MCP to decompile the class files into java and to recompile them once you are done. This is the program Flowerchild uses to make the mod.
Thank you for the advice in programs.

As for the other two posts (and I dont mean to be rude, I literally dont understand), I understand not distributing them here, I would make my own site or something, but why is it such a no-no to distribute merged classes?
Greed cant get enough
Lust cant seek enough
Pride cant need enough
Envy cant be enough
Wrath cant hate enough
Sloth cant care enough

... are you enough?
Urian

Post by Urian »

To clarify: Ask Flower for permission before distributing anything.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
DasKinder

Post by DasKinder »

Urian wrote:To clarify: Ask Flower for permission before distributing anything.
Gotcha

Im very intelligent with anything mechanical or computer based, but every now and then my interpersonal judgement is lacking. So please slap me across the face before I do something stupid XD
Greed cant get enough
Lust cant seek enough
Pride cant need enough
Envy cant be enough
Wrath cant hate enough
Sloth cant care enough

... are you enough?
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

I was granted permission to mod BTW by asking nicely, though I don't plan to distribute any BTW code itself. This does show that given the right approach you might be able to get FlowerChild on-board with something like a merger mod, just have to work out the specifics in such a way that it doesn't cause any extra work or agony for FC.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=267
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Xecaquan

Post by Xecaquan »

If you look through the NO thread you'll see where I had posted these questions to Clint.

The ru.class is simply a new feature that Clint added to make tall grass spread. Use BTWs until you at least get enough hemp seeds. of if you don't care about all that tall grass.

The yq.class is a feature you can turn on or off (via the options API) that Clint added to bring back the old infinite fire before Notch nerfed it. Use BTWs as this if i remember right is for the hibachi.

NO is written well enough that if a class file doesn't exsist that is called it won't crash MC, much like BTW is.
DasKinder

Post by DasKinder »

Xecaquan wrote:If you look through the NO thread you'll see where I had posted these questions to Clint.

The ru.class is simply a new feature that Clint added to make tall grass spread. Use BTWs until you at least get enough hemp seeds. of if you don't care about all that tall grass.

The yq.class is a feature you can turn on or off (via the options API) that Clint added to bring back the old infinite fire before Notch nerfed it. Use BTWs as this if i remember right is for the hibachi.

NO is written well enough that if a class file doesn't exsist that is called it won't crash MC, much like BTW is.
This is true, but this idea doesnt just pertain to BTW and Nature Overhaul. If you wanted specific attributes from from two mods that shared an over writing .class then no is just to make sure that one works without crashing. What I was thinking, taking from the example given, is to make a .class that shares both characteristic in that A) you can still find hemp in tall grass and B)the tall grass will spread.

Why pick and choose what attribute in mods you want to keep due to over lapping .class's when, with a little work, you can have it work for both. In fact, (i havent seen the coding yet so this might not be true) it might be possible to do it with no real knowledge of programming, just copy paste all of the differences of both mods into a copy of the original .class
Greed cant get enough
Lust cant seek enough
Pride cant need enough
Envy cant be enough
Wrath cant hate enough
Sloth cant care enough

... are you enough?
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

I'm not totally sure, but I think this type of functionality is provided my Minecraft Forge. From what I've heard so far, mod authors who need certain simple additions to base classes can contact the MCForge people, and they will add the required hooks or whatever to the base classes, and so if two different mods modify the same base classes, but use the Forge and have their additions in the Forge, they will compatible. This way, all mods that use the Forge should be compatible with each other.

So before you go putting to much work into this, be aware that it might already be getting done elsewhere.
DasKinder

Post by DasKinder »

Ah, very true XD

I would be good experience for me to look at it anyways, but i will definitely look into the forge
Greed cant get enough
Lust cant seek enough
Pride cant need enough
Envy cant be enough
Wrath cant hate enough
Sloth cant care enough

... are you enough?