New Release! (BTW V3.51)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Urian

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.51)

Post by Urian »

Ribky wrote:Awesome, thanks man. I'm gonna build a small statue of you and sacrifice a goat in front of it when I get home.
Or, you know, cut a companion cube in half :)

OT: Thanks for the update, I've been a bit busy with RL stuff lately so I haven't fully tried out the lens yet but since it's an item that's been discusses previously I recall some of the ideas I've had earlier that I need to test out (e.g. more responsive elevator controls). First though, I'll need to update my soul urn making automation ;)
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

-Added magical visual effect to the Soul Urn. Your lives are now complete
Yes! And i thought that the last update got me there, but oh no, FC delivered and then some! :p

The Lens is great work FC and i'm going to enjoy using it.

I saw that you adjusted the Planter behaviour, great job :)

With a new major release i guess i'll be returning after my hiatus.
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
Awfulcopter

Post by Awfulcopter »

FlowerChild wrote:
BinoAl wrote: Implying FC is sane ;D
FlowerChild is a mad scientist. With a spiky exoskeleton.
Well, my sanity is a rather tenuous thing at best, so I tend to cling to its tattered remnants rather dearly.
The more you tighten your grip, the more of your sanity will slip through your fingers...

I'm pretty certain the answer to your issues is a planet destroying battlestation.
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Awfulcopter wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:
BinoAl wrote: Implying FC is sane ;D
FlowerChild is a mad scientist. With a spiky exoskeleton.
Well, my sanity is a rather tenuous thing at best, so I tend to cling to its tattered remnants rather dearly.
The more you tighten your grip, the more of your sanity will slip through your fingers...

I'm pretty certain the answer to your issues is a planet destroying battlestation.
It's a trap!
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
FarseerWraith07

Post by FarseerWraith07 »

Speaking of super lasers....

If you place one lens in front of another active one, the input facing the active output of the first lens, will you get a damage dealing line of light?
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

no
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
CreeperCommando

Post by CreeperCommando »

Ok, I'm gonna once again join the ranks of buttering FC as I for once (thanks to broken creative mode, and an even more broken combi-lock...) had time to play enough with the awesome lens (I'm currently holding a lurking stance on new features as FC is literally bombarding us with to much stuff D: ).

First, do NOT underestimate its usability, it's strength is mainly in it's excellent parallel properties.
Fucking awesome in handling multiple parallel signals as a large bundle in many different ways and more awesome in it's natural ability to work as an AND-gate (haven't tested if other natural gating properties exists, OR-gate should be trivial....). Last it's a wonderful complement to standard redstone circuits in the way they both have strengths and weaknesses complemented by each other. Oh, did I mention that the lens is awesome?

Dang it, if the next release have something as good as the lens.... my head is gonna get a cube-shaped appearance before exploding (yet again.... <.< )
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
Catox

Post by Catox »

CreeperCommando wrote:Fucking awesome in handling multiple parallel signals as a large bundle in many different ways and more awesome in it's natural ability to work as an AND-gate (haven't tested if other natural gating properties exists, OR-gate should be trivial....).
I'd be interested to read more about that. In my understanding, it's the OR gate that is the most natural one you can get from Lenses+BD. So I wonder how you 'naturally' get an AND gate with lenses.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Catox wrote:
CreeperCommando wrote:Fucking awesome in handling multiple parallel signals as a large bundle in many different ways and more awesome in it's natural ability to work as an AND-gate (haven't tested if other natural gating properties exists, OR-gate should be trivial....).
I'd be interested to read more about that. In my understanding, it's the OR gate that is the most natural one you can get from Lenses+BD. So I wonder how you 'naturally' get an AND gate with lenses.
OR gate with an inverted output :p They would both need to be off (or on, if you invert input, too) in order for the output to be on
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

BinoAl wrote:OR gate with an inverted output :p They would both need to be off (or on, if you invert input, too) in order for the output to be on
Wouldn't that be a NOR gate? An AND gate is an OR gate with inverted inputs and output, I thought.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Catox

Post by Catox »

BinoAl wrote: OR gate with an inverted output :p They would both need to be off (or on, if you invert input, too) in order for the output to be on
inverting output only would make a NAND (you need both 0 to get a 1) gate. You have to invert both inputs and output to get a AND gate out of an OR gate.
I wouldn't say this is "natural" so I wonder what CreeperCommando may have found.

-edit-
woups... looks I mixed nand and nor ind my mind @__@
Last edited by Catox on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Katalliaan wrote: Wouldn't that be a NOR gate? An AND gate is an OR gate with inverted inputs and output, I thought.
An AND gate is an inverted NOR gate, not and inverted OR gate. (meaning that an AND gate sends power only if both inputs receives power while an NOR gate send power only if neither input receives power).
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
CreeperCommando

Catox wrote: I'd be interested to read more about that. In my understanding, it's the OR gate that is the most natural one you can get from Lenses+BD. So I wonder how you 'naturally' get an AND gate with lenses.
Ah, sorry I was thinking NOT-inputs into DB at light intersections gives a NOT output... I used that feature VERY heavily in trying to build a huge num-pad, where Steve had to stand above colored blocks for sequence inputs.... Still awesome!
When I get home I need to see how effective XOR-gates one could make, Only thing missing is NOT-gating without using redstone, although I'm kinda glad that that is not possible... It would probably be a bit OP IMO

Edit: ninja'd, yeah that....

Edit: stop the ninjas, someone D:
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
Catox

Post by Catox »

CreeperCommando wrote:(...), Only thing missing is NOT-gating without using redstone, although I'm kinda glad that that is not possible... It would probably be a bit OP IMO
well, it is possible, yet a bit heavy.
A lens power a DB attached to a piston that gets in the way of an other lens aiming an other DB.
Input on > Output Off and vice-versa
CreeperCommando

Catox wrote: well, it is possible, yet a bit heavy.
A lens power a DB attached to a piston that gets in the way of an other lens aiming an other DB.
Input on > Output Off and vice-versa
Well as you guys can figure out, I'm a bit newbie compared to guys here.... and often I'm not thinking with pistons.... Sounds also rather trivial now that you mention it....

Lenses are awesome! (yes, I actually do need to repeat that sentence)
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

After an easy to do install of this mod without any problems all I'll say.. Amazing mod! I've switch from my old industrialcraft/buildcraft/redpower setup to 100% BTW/BTB and enjoying it.

Thank you Flowerchild for this amazing mod!
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Yeah, the mod is excellent! And welcome to the forums :)
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

2 releases after only a week of holiday? You really know how to make a man wish he didn't go on holiday.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

I smell a new release coming on! :D
Quality comes before quantity.
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

ThatOneDude wrote:I smell a new release coming on! :D
i do too....1 1/2 wks later :P