What are ou doing to get ready for Christmas?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

(Sorry of you're Jewish)

I:

-Made a Christmas tree
-Changed my skin to my normal guy wearing a Santa outfit
-Dedicated two hours of my life to finding a snow biome

And that's all so far. What are you doing?
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
morvelaira

Re: What are ou doing to get ready for Christmas?

Post by morvelaira »

Yamboyz1 wrote:(Sorry of you're Jewish)
Don't be sorry. I'm deciding what Chinese restaurant I want to order from, and what movie I want to go see. I know it's a stereotype, but it is what I do every Christmas.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Get ready to mourn the passing of yet another pointless year in my life, eat like a mofo the delicious foods that are usually lying around come Christmas, prepare for a lot of family gatherings which distract me from being a recluse and spending all my time on my pc :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Hmm, couldn't care less about Christmas. I'm Buddhist, so the spirit of Christmas is called everyday life for us.

Insanely hardcore party at Christmas eve every year though, I guess I'll be checking that out.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Last time I went out at a christmas eve there was so much alcohol and other substances abuse that next day people were ringing up hospitals trying to find me.

Since then I prefer staying in.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Well, I'm single again this year, so I don't get to spend the holiday with whomever I love. ._.

I kinda stopped caring about Christmas for anything other than spending time with people, really. Though, now, I tend to get drug to see the people I'd rather not be spending Christmas with, so it's a fair bit of air.

Either way, I'm getting hauled off to see family, rather than just locking myself in my room and playing smooth jazz while the snow softly blankets the ground.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Smooth jazz and snow. I don't know if I should be appalled or intrigued.

I hate the holidays so I'll probably not even acknowledge the day. Hell, I didn't even realize it was Thanksgiving this year until about 8PM that night.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

My big xmas project of the year is finished now, so all I have left to do before christmas is send out cards and finishing wrapping everything. The project was such a pain in the ass (or rather, thumbs) that I'm just glad to be done with it.

Although I suppose there's still some worrying to do about whether it will arrive before next weekend or not. So I guess I'm doing that? lol
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Drinking.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Battosay wrote:Drinking.
Seconded.

My boss got me a little gift box of Duvel (with the neat-o glass and everything)

Start off with a glass or two of scotch, maybe egg nog... move to Duvel.

Always have a plan :)
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

What I did in Minecraft, was exactly the same as you Yamboyz. Made myself a Santa suit skin, and started to live in a snow biome.
For my real life, spending with the family I suppose. It's still far to early for me to plan anything. :/
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Yukon Cornelius skin, the original gangsta miner ;)
The spice must flow...

Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Ribky wrote:My boss got me a little gift box of Duvel (with the neat-o glass and everything)
I've got 5 Duvels cold in the fridge, I love Duvel :)

I live like 10 minutes away from the brewery
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I work christmas eve, so on christmas eve eve, my older brother and his girlfriend are coming over to eat lasagna with me, my girlfriend, my younger brother, and my parents. They all get some pretty sweet presents from me :) On christmas, I'm opening presents (for possibly the last time from "santa", since I'm 18), eating breakfast at my grandma's, then eating dinner with my girlfriend's family.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Heading to my hometown to spend christmas with my family and the day after partying with my childhood friends.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

I quite like Christmas, although I usually prefer to call it Xmas, as the religious overtones are entirely lost on me (never mind the historical inaccuracies of the date in question anyway).

Since I'm from the Southern hemisphere, I will be enjoying a champagne breakfast in the sun, having a BBQ lunch with family, and possibly going to the beach.

None of that snow nonsense down here, hence I'd rather find a nice sunny island biome in Minecraft.
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Gonna pop my AT wheels on:
Spoiler
Show
and head down to the beach! It's my little boys second christmas and the first he's appreciating so it's all a lot of fun!
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Gilberreke wrote: I've got 5 Duvels cold in the fridge, I love Duvel :)

I live like 10 minutes away from the brewery
You sir, are lucky.
The spice must flow...

kregoth

Post by kregoth »

I do not know this ou. But I am heading the central Washington with the family for christmas, not really doing anything special other than drinking which is my favorite part.

Also never hear of Duvel, I am going to have to try it sometime though I am not a fan of light beers. There is a local brewery that has my all time favorite beer that's an amber ale called Mack&Jacks I LOVE that stuff!
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Duvel is a particularly fine pale ale and while you may not be a fan of them in general, it really is worth a try! My beer of choice this Christmas will be Innis and Gunn however, a really good Scottish beer aged either in traditional whiskey or rum oak barrels.
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

Fml. I just went on the server with the 100 block high Christmas tree I took hours building to find that two douchebags (banned now, I think) had covered the whole entire thing in lava.
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Ribky wrote:You sir, are lucky.
If you think I'm lucky, you'd be in for a treat. Duvel is far from the best beer served in Belgium ;). Duvel here is generally drunk as an easy going beer when you go out partying or to the pub. It doesn't cost much, so students prefer it too.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Just wondering, are there any atheists here who celebrate Hanukkah? I'm an atheist, but I still celebrate christmas, and I guess that's because it's what I grew up with, so I'm wondering if any ex-jew atheists celebrate hanukkah.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

I think Christmas is becoming increasingly secular, Where I grew up, in the very Celtic part of Cornwall, it's always been Bruma - the Winter Solstice anyway but I think nearly every culture in the northern hemisphere held a celebration when the days started getting longer again, so to hold a celebration on that day, no matter what your religion would be true to your ancestors.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Just wondering, are there any atheists here who celebrate Hanukkah? I'm an atheist, but I still celebrate christmas, and I guess that's because it's what I grew up with, so I'm wondering if any ex-jew atheists celebrate hanukkah.
I don't think I've ever run into any atheists that pay any mind to Hanukkah. I know during my short stint of Judaism, back in 9th grade, it really wasn't the first thing on my mind.

So to answer your question, I don't. Then again, I don't really celebrate Christmas as would traditionally be celebrated either (commercially nor religiously).

(Of course, we could also pull the whole debate of atheist vs agnostic, but I'm sure nobody wants that, and I see no reason why not to roll us all into one big ball.)

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)