DSCraft

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
BigShinyToys

DSCraft

Post by BigShinyToys »

http://www.smealum.net/dscraft/

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I have just found Minecraft for Nintendo DS . i have tried it and it is creative mode so far. I hope it gets updated to Full minecraft tools and items but it is in dev . this proves that minecraft can Run on a DS. this is made by http://www.smealum.net/ who has made other stuff for the DS and for Mobiles .

Features

* Ability to add and remove blocks
* Nice terrain generation (including cliffs, plains, small forests, lakes...)
* Basic cave generation
* Map streaming from file, meaning really big maps can be used (1024x1024 maps are fully playable)
* Texture pack support (the game's default texture pack is eldpack)
* Saving
* Day/night cycle, clouds, dawn/dusk, stars... (basically : nice sky )
* More or less dynamic lighting system (torches !)
* Basic bottom screen (working buttons, inventory)
* Tons of blocks !
* (Basic) Dynamic water
* Hand!

My set up
R4 card in slot 1 with a 4 GB Micro SD , EZFLASH 5 in second slot Gives RAM boost + rumble Pack and Allows me to play GBA games from rom images . Also i can copy games in slot two to my Slot one card . Then put the EZFLASH in slot two and run the game .
I am using moon shell to boot minecraft as it auto patches the game to work with the R4 if you have a R4 I suggest using the FAT ver of DSCraft as this is the one I tested.

Is there anyone on the forums that is into DS home brew applications ?
Brethern

Re: DSCraft

Post by Brethern »

All I understood is,

minecraft blah blah DS blah boot blah blah blah.

I really need to take some kind of tech course.
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

This looks pretty cool. I'd definitely love to play vMC on my DS. Would need to buy a R4 card first, though.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

BigShinyToys wrote:R4 card in slot 1 with a 4 GB Micro SD , EZFLASH 5 in second slot Gives RAM boost + rumble Pack and Allows me to play GBA games from rom images .
I've wanted to get GBA working on my DSi since they removed the gba slot. From what i read, the fact that the DS is emulating the GBA games rather than actually playing them makes them too resource intensive for the DSi.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I wonder if this would work on a DS emulator? that way I could play minecraft on my PC...

...ohwait.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BigShinyToys wrote:Is there anyone on the forums that is into DS home brew applications ?
I developed a few games professionally on the DS, but that's not quite the same thing ;)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

BTW for the DS? :p
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote:BTW for the DS? :p
Nah, I'm too used to using a professional dev-kit on the DS. I know I'd get pissed-off if I started doing home-brew stuff :)
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

BinoAl wrote:
BigShinyToys wrote:R4 card in slot 1 with a 4 GB Micro SD , EZFLASH 5 in second slot Gives RAM boost + rumble Pack and Allows me to play GBA games from rom images .
I've wanted to get GBA working on my DSi since they removed the gba slot. From what i read, the fact that the DS is emulating the GBA games rather than actually playing them makes them too resource intensive for the DSi.
This is a GBA emulator for the DSI if that helps ya.
http://gbatemp.net/t281715-gba-emulator ... -dsi-entry
FlowerChild wrote:
BigShinyToys wrote:Is there anyone on the forums that is into DS home brew applications ?
I developed a few games professionally on the DS, but that's not quite the same thing ;)
We learn more about the mysterious flower child. But you are right all the stuff i have seen is kinda Junk with bugs all over it like the devkitARM form http://devkitpro.org/viewforum.php?f=2

there is not even a proper library for WIFI commands yet and the DS has been released for like 3 year's