Alternative cauldron recipe

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
ThatOneDude

Alternative cauldron recipe

Post by ThatOneDude »

OK, so this post is mainly about one thing. Cauldrons. At the moment, the recipe for crafting cauldrons has a bone in it. Some people play on peaceful, so they can't get bones. So, they can't get cauldrons.

Now, cauldrons are used for so many things. Cooking food, making filament, making concentrated hellfire, ect. So if you play on peaceful you can't get some of these things- some of which are very important. So, I propose a couple things.

1. Fossils. I'm aware this is in one or two other mods, but it'd be nice if better than wolves adopted threm and made them special in their own way.

2. A different recipe for the cauldron. One that either doesn't usr bones, or replaces them with something else.

3. A way to craft bones? I'm not really sure how this would work but I know how creative FC is so he'd find a way for it to work ;)

4. You come up with something. If you have any other ideas, let me know what you think in the responses.

PS, I don't play on peaceful, I just know people who do.
Quality comes before quantity.
Stormweaver

Re: Alternative cauldron recipe

Post by Stormweaver »

There is a mod called the peaceful pack, which is specifically designed for people who play on peaceful but need items for playing mods. Though I personally don't think that fossilised bone gives the stock as much of a kick as the remains of an undead construct.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Necropolis

Post by Necropolis »

I think FC actually gets a kick out of the fact that Steve is using human remains for soup stock. I seem to recall him giggling about that somewhere.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

FC has said he is not going to change the game so you can get everything on peaceful
Urian

Post by Urian »

Look at the top texture for cauldrons... using human bones is definitely intended :p
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

In all fairness, you only need one bone per cauldron - it's simple to hole yourself up for the night, turn peaceful off, wait for the sun to kill any local skeletons, turn peaceful on again and have enough bones to last a while - not ideal, but a solution
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

Shengji wrote:In all fairness, you only need one bone per cauldron - it's simple to hole yourself up for the night, turn peaceful off, wait for the sun to kill any local skeletons, turn peaceful on again and have enough bones to last a while - not ideal, but a solution
^This.
I also think that BTW is just a mod that isn't intended to be played on peaceful. Hell, when you get plate armor you really don't need to. I just don't think it's something FlowerChild would support with his mod, if people REALLY need to play on peaceful there are other mods for it.
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

Oh sorry I was anaware Peaceful Pack got updated to 1.8.1

Wait how would you get Ender Pearls playing on peaceful even with the peaceful pack...?
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

It's probably something the modder will add.
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

And rotten flesh, and spider eyes, and blaze rods, and ghast tears, oh god...
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

Yeah. There comes a point where Peaceful just doesn't seem viable to me. Like I said though, I'm sure it's something the mod will likely adress since there are plenty of people who would still want to play peaceful.