Let There be Godhoood!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Noodlerex

Let There be Godhoood!

Post by Noodlerex »

Okay so the last two version of godhood crashed and burned but this one will be different. :D
here is a set of rules with some changes,
Spoiler
Show
Godhood is a freeform game where you ascend to godhood and create an entire universe from the blank void. Think Lords of Creation, but with much less rules and thus much more creativity allowed. It has been stolen from another forum, which I will not name so no copying takes place, "But it was like this in the other thread!"

This is a game about creation, and then the conflict that will arise when someone makes conflicting beings.

Rules:
Acts are your resources and power. Every god is granted two acts per turn, and more depending on your spheres (IE. God of war gets more while a large war is going on, etc.) You can use them to do anything, but the more powerful the thing, the more acts it will take.
In general, you can either A) Just post your act and at the end of the turn have me subtract how many acts I think it should take, meaning it may not be as powerful as you had hoped, or if I'm feeling generous, taking you into a negative number of acts. However if I think an act is beyond your current act count I will tell you in the thread and it will be up to you to change it before I end the turn.(note: if you go into a negative number of acts you must wait until you have at least 2 acts before posting again, as you need to recuperate your power(noteception: this doesn't stop someone who hasn't been negative using an act when they only have one act.))

The turns will last about 5 days (OOC) each, longer if a lot happens and shorter if nothing happens. Posting once every couple days would be a minimum, more if you like to roleplay/chat with other gods. Breaks are of course allowed if I am warned or its only a couple days. You can create anything with your acts, but please theme it towards your spheres at least a little bit.

If you do not post during your turn then your acts will be saved automatically, up to a maximum of six acts, at which point you will not gain any more acts.

Please DO NOT try to find the previous thread for this off-site.

Thats all the rules. If anything else comes up, we can deal with it then.

I'd like this to be story and character driven as much as possible.
Character creation sheet:
Spoiler
Show
Name: The name of your deity, not a real deity make one up. :)
Description: The basic description of your god, whether they are male of female, how they look how they talk, be as creative as you like.
Spheres of power: This one is a little different, use it to describe what your god has control over, one or two words should suffice.
Example round:
Spoiler
Show
God 1: creates huge rock floating in space -2 acts
God 2: creates a large star and makes the rock start to orbit it -3 acts (note: God 2 would now have negative acts and would have to wait until he had at least two again before posting an action.
God 3: creates storms which blow across the surface of the planet, creating oceans and rivers -2 acts
God 4: sets off a spark of life allowing small plants to bloom and breathing life into even smaller creatures -2 acts
Anyway that is the main set of rules, and they'll probably change as we play depending on the playstyle of you guys, so if your interested just post a character sheet and I'll try to add you in.

List of gods
Orion
Spoiler
Show
The god of the cosmos. Often appears as a shapeless, white speckled cloud of black. Very chaotic and random behavior, and often difficult to find his true intentions.
has control over Cosmic energy, the stars, and cosmic events.
played by BinoAl
Boh
Spoiler
Show
God of Hell. Normally takes the shape of a human, but with skin as charred as the night and eyes as red as blood.
manipulates and gains power from Death, suffering, and mourning
Played by walker_boh_65
Saarian
Spoiler
Show
God of fire and passion (not necessarily carnal passion, passion for music or war also applies). He usually appears as a column of dancing flame, but when he does incarnate he appears as a tall, slender, tan male humanoid with firey red hair and completely black eyes that seem to glow with extreme feeling. He is a fickle god, and supports any really strong feeling and dedication. He might well support both sides of a conflict, just because both sides are really dedicated to it. He hates anything that constricts anyone from following their strongest desires.
is empowered by fire and passion (really strong feeling, desire and dedication to/for something).
Played by Elensaar
Asceon (gone Temp)
Spoiler
Show
He is the god of wildlife and hunting. Loves all the animals that populate the Earth, but also enjoys some sport in hunting them down, he never kills the animals he hunts though. He lives above the clouds to observe his animals and has a huge private forest for him to dwell in. He carries a huge wood and stone spear and a large hunting bow, with unlimited arrows. His motto is 'Always the hunter, never the prey'. A fox is always by his side to help him hunt.
He dislikes when animals or humans are deprived from their freedom.
as a true spirit of the wild he is at one with Animals and hunting (He can hunt YOU down, or send animals after you).
The Wanderer
Spoiler
Show
The Wanderer is the patron diety for those who live a nomadic lifestyle. Staying in one place for more than 2 weeks is forbidden by The Wanderer, whilst staying in one place for less then 12 hours is rewarded by not having to eat for a week.Having crossed the void between universes, Fido was warped. A lot. So much that he had little memory of what once was, that he stood for different things, that he felt the urge to keep moving. He looked out, saw the other gods, and had a flashback to the Charleston Temple. He closed his eyes, shook his head, and said,"Anyone know a cheap motel nearby?"
As he is always dashing about The Wanderer gains his power from Motion, pursuit, happiness.
Played by Joetalbot1
Sera
Spoiler
Show
Sera is the god of fertility and being. Although his default gender identity is male, he is actually hermaphroditic and appears attractive to all those who view him. He often appears in the form of small, proliferate animals, such as rabbits or rats, often white. He also sometimes appears in the form of sentient water, being the requirement of all life, in various shapes.
Spheres of power: Fertility, being (life)
Played by Zerix
Thanatos
Spoiler
Show
The god of Ice and Water. His intentions are usually unknown and can rarely be figuered out as he floats accross the ocean laying on the back of his dear friend, Isedel, the IceWhale. He is a pretty lazy god but when something needs to get done he does it quickly and efficiently to be able to get back to his snoozing.
Spheres of power: Ice and Water are his domains of control.
Played by Deepsniper
Anyone else wishing to join may do so by just posting a character sheet, There's no player limit as of yet but if it gets to hectic then I'll probably impose one.
Last edited by Noodlerex on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
BinoAl

Re: Let There be Godhoood!

Post by BinoAl »

Name: Orion
Description: The god of the cosmos. Often appears as a shapeless, white speckled cloud of black. Very chaotic and random behavior, and often difficult to find his true intentions.
Spheres of power: Cosmic energy, the stars, and cosmic events

Great to see someone else is hosting :D I'm sure this will go a lot better than the last game ^.^
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Hmmm, Bino and Noodle sure ill take a shot at this
I think ill take it from a different perspective this time
Name: Boh (im not great on names)
Description: God of Hell. Normally takes the shape of a human, but with skin as charred as the night and eyes as red as blood.
Spheres of Power: Death, suffering, and mourning
Last edited by walker_boh_65 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Why not, let's see where this one ends up :)

Name: Saarian
Description: God of fire and passion (not necessarily carnal passion, passion for music or war also applies). He usually appears as a column of dancing flame, but when he does incarnate he appears as a tall, slender, tan male humanoid with firey red hair and completely black eyes that seem to glow with extreme feeling. He is a fickle god, and supports any really strong feeling and dedication. He might well support both sides of a conflict, just because both sides are really dedicated to it. He hates anything that constricts anyone from following their strongest desires.
Spheres of power: Fire and passion (really strong feeling, desire and dedication to/for something)
Lots of planets have a north...!
Quesoman

Post by Quesoman »

Hmm, let's give this a go.

Name: Asceon

Description: He is the god of wildlife and hunting. Loves all the animals that populate the Earth, but also enjoys some sport in hunting them down, he never kills the animals he hunts though. He lives above the clouds to observe his animals and has a huge private forest for him to dwell in. He carries a huge wood and stone spear and a large hunting bow, with unlimited arrows. His motto is 'Always the hunter, never the prey'. A fox is always by his side to help him hunt.
He dislikes when animals or humans are deprived from their freedom.

Spheres of power: Animals and hunting (He can hunt YOU down, or send animals after you)

Extra things: He isn't too fond of wolves.
Cultures are born and die, but the cheese is immortal.

-A very wise man
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

Alright four unique gods I think we're ready to start, just to let you guys know I will be taking a massive passive role in this, pretty much only rolling acts and recounting what happened in the past turn, also a quick question to you walker, do you mean morning as in what comes after night, or mourning as in ohgod they died. The first one just seems a little odd for the god of hell. :)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Noodlerex wrote: a quick question to you walker, do you mean morning as in what comes after night, or mourning as in ohgod they died. The first one just seems a little odd for the god of hell. :)
stupid grammar, i mean mourning. Thank for pointing that out, ill fix that now:)
screally

Post by screally »

I got my hopes up about this thread because I thought the server was up. Damn :(
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

screally wrote:I got my hopes up about this thread because I thought the server was up. Damn :(
I dont see why we cant let you in, 5 gods isnt too many, ill ask Noodle about it for you:)
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Walker, I'm pretty sure he was referring to the potential godhood SMP server, not wanting to get into the forum thread fun.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

....i knew that....
screally

Post by screally »

Hmm ok, sure.
Quesoman

Post by Quesoman »

Okay, give us a shout whenever you are ready to begin.

Man, I feel vulnerable, my God is cool and all... but can it stand against yours? I'll have to sharpen my senses to make up for my lack of raw power.
I was expecting to be more than four.

Also, I may have thought this had something to do with the Godhood server too. *May* have.
Cultures are born and die, but the cheese is immortal.

-A very wise man
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Name: The Wanderer
Description: The Wanderer is the patron diety for those who live a nomadic lifestyle. Staying in one place for more than 2 weeks is forbidden by The Wanderer, whilst staying in one place for less then 12 hours is rewarded by not having to eat for a week.
Spheres: Motion, pursuit, happiness.
Having crossed the void between universes, Fido was warped. A lot. So much that he had little memory of what once was, that he stood for different things, that he felt the urge to keep moving. He looked out, saw the other gods, and had a flashback to the Charleston Temple. He closed his eyes, shook his head, and said,"Anyone know a cheap motel nearby?"
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Nearly cause a flame war over MLP. check
Cost Flowerchild some sanity. check
Say,"I've seen everything, now to die." why would I?
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

Hey Guys, sorry for the delay I have extremely limited internet access so I can't post the turn until Sunday, sorry for the delay and everyone is welcome, as I wanted this to be fairly freeform and more players means a more indepth story.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

The Wanderer... Sometimes he wonders why he is. Not who he is, or what he is, or where he is, or even how he is. Why he is. Is he part of something bigger? Is he actually just some guy in the asylum who's particularly batshit insane? But when he thinks about that, a little sectiom of his mind mentally slaps him and says that the answer doesn't matter, but that the pursuit of the answer does. It also tells him to quit his existential bitching, and just play the fucking game, whatever the hell that means.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Nearly cause a flame war over MLP. check
Cost Flowerchild some sanity. check
Say,"I've seen everything, now to die." why would I?
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

((ok Incredibly sorry for the delay, but I found myself with next to no internet for the past week but anyway here goes, also in my last post i meant to say a Passive role not massive.))

They awoke, Four gods, four mighty beings to shape the universe, and so it was. The four lords set about, becoming brilliant artists destined to shape the blank canvas that was the universe into something much more, something eternal. but would the gods work together? or would the same drive to turn the universe into their perfect world be the one thing which brought about its destruction? only time would tell...

((ok just post your acts, sorry for the short intro and any typos, I was posting this without my morning caffeine and yeah all gods are welcome as long as they're unique one god for each species of tree doesn't really make for an interesting story :). ))
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

The universe as it is... It's boring. Too plain. I can change that. These gaseous clouds, floating around us... I can clump them together. Form my own little ball of heat and chaos. A shining beacon, a symbol for all the gods: This is where we build. Leech off of this star's energy, and start your wonderful creations.
-2 Acts: Created the Sun
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Lets give this thing a shot...
Leech I will will Orion, leech I will. Out the the pure energy from the newly created sun and the gaseous clouds around, I form a a sphere of rock covered in magma close enough to the sun that the magma will never cool. What a wonderful planet I have created.
(starting off as the god of hell is harder then I thought)
-2 Acts: Created a magma ball
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

It's kind of hard to be a scary underworld figure, when there is no one to scare :)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Noodlerex wrote:It's kind of hard to be a scary underworld figure, when there is no one to scare :)
Yeah, its not the easiest thing in the world :)
Now, I really hope this game starts off soon (I need something to hold me over until the sever;)
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

yeah I was waiting for Queso and Joe, but i Don't mind rolling up a quick turn before I go to bed, if just to get the ball rolling I'll let you or anyone else who posts decide if you happen to get in before i crash.

*EDIT* and elensaar :)
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

This place is so.. Stationary... No passion, no feeling... I stretch out my hands, and rip two great spheres of flame from the sun, sending them screaming through the void. I give them something akin to longing, a desire to rejoin their place of birth. They turn in a great arch and plummet back towards the sun, their speed making them barrel past it, and back out. Eternal cycles of escape and indecision. I name them Atha and Eruth - Love and Hate.

-2 acts, created the two comets Atha and Eruth, that now orbit the sun every 100 years or so.

OOC: Bit hard to be god of passion as well, until there is something to be passionate, and the god of the cosmos stole my fire. ;)
Lots of planets have a north...!
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

Alright Ill wait two more hours for joe and Queso and then I'll post a turn.
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

And so the wheels of time were set into motion, and without further adieu the gods acted. Realizing that the gods needed a central point for their creation, Orion created the sun and encouraged the other gods to take from it as they needed, providing not only a source of energy but a true home for all those who built near it.
Encouraged by the creation of the Sun the lord of hell, Boh, created a nearby planet, covered in magma the surface was doomed never to cool, creating a fiery domain in which he could reside.
Yet still Saarian was uneasy, the entire universe may have had some shape, but it still lacked passion and fiery ambition, with this in mind he brought forth Atha and Eruth, the comets of love and hate to eternally orbit the sun his brother had created.

Summary
Spoiler
Show
Orion(BinoAl) Created the sun -2 acts
Boh(Walker_Boh_65) Used the heat from the sun to create a planet which was eternally alight, and made it his domain -2 acts
Saarian(Elensaar) Pulled forth two comets from the sun and set them in motion -2 acts
Asceon and The Wanderer rested conserving their power.
Act summary for turn two
Spoiler
Show
Orion=2 acts
Boh=2 acts
Saarian=2 acts
Asceon=4 acts
The Wanderer=4 acts