Mating Villagers [Possible Spoilers]

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Dorugami

Mating Villagers [Possible Spoilers]

Post by Dorugami »

My apologies if people find this...chafing. I've been reading and rereading flowerchild's past patch notes and I'm pretty much flummoxed - so I'd like some insight before I shove another dozen diamonds down my villagers throats. Please correct me if my assumption is wrong:

Peasant + Peasant = Peasant 100%
Blacksmith + Butcher = Blacksmith 50%/Butcher 50%
Blacksmith + Blacksmith = Blacksmith (But sometimes Butcher [like 20%?])
Butcher + Butcher = Butcher (But sometimes Blacksmith [like 20%?])

(And same with Librarian/Priest pairing?)

Librarian/Priest + Blacksmith/Butcher = Only limited to one of the parents, or can they be the alternate of each side?

I have been testing them on survival with Librarians (since I can't find a priest even after the 7th village)...and my diamond supply is rapidly dwindling.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
chaoticneutral

Re: Mating Villagers [Possible Spoilers]

Post by chaoticneutral »

Librarian/Priest + Blacksmith/Butcher = Only limited to one of the parents, or can they be the alternate of each side?
I'm not sure, but I think it's possible to get, say, a priest from butcher vs. librarian hot action. However, since the odds should be smaller (since you'll get butchers 1/2 of the time), it's better just to wait any librarian child grow and cross that librarian with its librarian parent to get priests.
--Who do you think you are, War?
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

Thanks so much. I got my priest after like thirty diamonds. Surplus of Librarians now though. Mating the librarian with the local blacksmith yielded bupkis.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Grats :)

Thirty is not bad after all the towns you went through! That must have been a good bit of strip mining. Now begins the various farm builds. I am still debating on moving the priest all the way back or to continue on site. Mob farm builds are dangerous, giving me my first HCS is a long time :P
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

Taleric wrote:Grats :)

Thirty is not bad after all the towns you went through! That must have been a good bit of strip mining. Now begins the various farm builds. I am still debating on moving the priest all the way back or to continue on site. Mob farm builds are dangerous, giving me my first HCS is a long time :P
I find making the farms tedious...I just transport the raw materials to a warehouse in each village. I have two atm, and it's pretty fine, it keeps the trading paced and allows me to tidy up my spawn base while I wait for the resources to pile up.