A New Age!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: A New Age!

Post by FlowerChild »

Adjudicator79 wrote: I actually went straight to the thread after watching the video and assigned the first homework ever - which was, of course, to watch the video and be prepared to discuss tomorrow!
Hehe...in the "good old days" I used to give hints as to what was coming all the time. Once things got crazy busy on the on MCF thread though, I had to stop that as hints only fueled massive speculation and thus, surges in traffic I just couldn't handle anymore.

Now, with our own forums however, I can return to my evil teasing ways, and I think this video is a big come-back in that regard ;)

So yes, when I saw you guys engaged in actual *creative* speculation and analysis, it gave me a kick in the ass to start dropping hints again ;)
SecretBman

Post by SecretBman »

You, my good sir, are a tease. But I will endure anything to be rewarded with your creations.
Verloren

Post by Verloren »

Creepig wrote:Unless there is something hidden in one of the videos made after Notch turned off the version number, the primary hint that I noticed is at the very end. Listen closely, there is a whistle. The Age of Steam, she approaches.
That's just giving me so many ideas my head is starting to spin, especially the idea of a closed circuit steam system for mechanical/electrical power.
VonGod

Post by VonGod »

I'm so god damn ready for anything Flower releases now. O _O
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

Wow... just wow! I just got around to watching the vid with sound. One of my top-5 favorite bands EVER!

Wow. F-ing awesome.

Oh, the mod is cool too.
"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
Urian

Post by Urian »

Steve makes a giant leap and discovers dark matter! "Oh you silly creepers, you think that was and explosion?" ;)

Great video (you tease)! :p I've watched it way too many times now, pausing at various scenes to see if there's something hidden away (especially in the 1.7.2 videos) :)
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

May I just say, I'm amazed that this video has gone over like a lead balloon in the Minecraft thread. =[
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Urian wrote:Steve makes a giant leap and discovers dark matter! "Oh you silly creepers, you think that was and explosion?" ;)

Great video (you tease)! :p I've watched it way too many times now, pausing at various scenes to see if there's something hidden away (especially in the 1.7.2 videos) :)
Dark Matter + ??? = Explosion?

Wat. How can it explode if it cannot interact? I suppose a gravitational vortex collapsing could cause an explosion, but...

Also-- you bloody tease! This is more cruel than powered cake! D:<
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Very nice teaser! Exciting! Looking forward to what the next age brings! Got a dung factory going last night so hopefully I'll be ready for it.
ToonYoshi

Post by ToonYoshi »

Youtube isnt working for me so Idk what this is all about but it sounds awesome. Or something.

Edit: Oh mai gawd. That was epic.
Last edited by ToonYoshi on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yo Dawg I Herd You Liek Derp, So I Put a Herp Derp in for Your Derp So You Can Herp Derp That Derp Dawg.
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

ToonYoshi wrote:Youtube isnt working for me so Idk what this is all about but it sounds awesome. Or something.
Do you mean the whole black-box, Movie not loaded thing? I've got that going on too with my Firefox browser, but using IE with the latest Adobe Flash Player let me watch Youtube videos. Or, if you don't want to do that, give this a try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZERle5RftoU

A lot of people are finding that using https:// instead of http:// for youtube videos is letting them get around the black box.

Hope this helps.

Also, massive excitement for whatever is coming!
Last edited by Speltz on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

You had me twitching a little, with that bit of blackscreen at the end, expecting/hoping something would show up, but no. Reading through the other responses though, I was able to get the hint. Doesn't change the fact that you still are a horrible tease. :P
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Triskelli wrote:May I just say, I'm amazed that this video has gone over like a lead balloon in the Minecraft thread. =[
Hehehe...man, the Minecraft Forum thread is just pure anarchy these days, so I won't take it personally. Most of the intelligent users have evacuated here, so all that is left is:

"Multiplayer?"

"Random Idea?"

"Why you hate wolves?"

Rinse and repeat ad infinitum ;)
AmRadTheory

Post by AmRadTheory »

Wow, a new age indeed! I'm one of those recent mc forum evacuees, and 2 days into my btw addiction. Probably not the best place to post this, and I apologize, but god damn, btw has completely re-energized my love for minecraft! Definitely a new age in mc for me, and I must pass along my whole-hearted gratitude and respect to you FlowerChild! If steam power is indeed the next step, I'm not sure what to say... wowsers maybe?
Urian

Post by Urian »

Fracture wrote: Dark Matter + ??? = Explosion?

Wat. How can it explode if it cannot interact? I suppose a gravitational vortex collapsing could cause an explosion, but...

Also-- you bloody tease! This is more cruel than powered cake! D:<
It was early and I hadn't had my morning coffee yet. I mixed up dark matter and antimatter... It might also have something to do with a book I read last week which included a dark matter experiment that exploded and my half asleep brain selected the wrong memory bank to make a withdrawal from :p
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

AmRadTheory wrote:Wow, a new age indeed! I'm one of those recent mc forum evacuees, and 2 days into my btw addiction. Probably not the best place to post this, and I apologize, but god damn, btw has completely re-energized my love for minecraft! Definitely a new age in mc for me, and I must pass along my whole-hearted gratitude and respect to you FlowerChild! If steam power is indeed the next step, I'm not sure what to say... wowsers maybe?
No need to apologize man! Welcome to the community! :)
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I'm super excited already!!

"You've mastered mechanical power?" and I was thinking "No, no I haven't!!! Arggghhhh!!" Does this mean I have to stay behind after school and wait even longer for new BTW toys?! :(
foi

Post by foi »

So was there a new block around 2:57?

Or am I just crazy?
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

foi wrote:So was there a new block around 2:57?

Or am I just crazy?
Isn't that just a millstone?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Kitty wrote:I'm super excited already!!

"You've mastered mechanical power?" and I was thinking "No, no I haven't!!! Arggghhhh!!" Does this mean I have to stay behind after school and wait even longer for new BTW toys?! :(
Yes :)
Case

Post by Case »

Hmm a "New Age" Indeed.
You are aware if you bring forth Steam power to BTW you''ve unintentionally (?) made a Steampunk MC mod. Be prepared for that at least.

You'll be treading into unfamiliar territory, unfamiliar territory filled with people armed with fake guns *nods*
foi

Post by foi »

sargunster wrote:
foi wrote:So was there a new block around 2:57?

Or am I just crazy?
Isn't that just a millstone?

Yeah you're probably right looks like he changed the texture.
Marmalade_Smile

Post by Marmalade_Smile »

Well, that was awesome :)
JWA

Post by JWA »

Well with the implementation of lens, won't that technically be the age of fiber-optics? No more cluttered circuits, just bursts of light to transmit signals lol.
Urian

Post by Urian »

foi wrote:Yeah you're probably right looks like he changed the texture.
The texture for the millstone was changed a few releases ago to better indicate that it only accepts power from the top and bottom.