BTW just doesn't want to work

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
shakeyknight

BTW just doesn't want to work

Post by shakeyknight »

i have installed the mod and all needed components to a fresh minecraft.jar and its still doesnt want to work. I have no other mods installed and i cannot figure out what is wrong with it, i am happy to upload my .minecraft folder for people to look at for me. any and all help will be appreciated. =]
walker_boh_65

Re: BTW just doesn't want to work

Post by walker_boh_65 »

can i have an installation order?
are you using MC patcher?
version of MC forge?
deleted META INF.?
shakeyknight

Post by shakeyknight »

first is ModLoader, then forge and then BTW all up to date versions. i have also deleted meta folder and no i am not using mc patcher. shall i upload my .minecraft folder?
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

Just the modloader.txt will probably do.
IGN: Camerinthus
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

When you say it doesn't want to work, how do you mean? Does it give you a black screen, a crash ingame or does minecraft fail to start altogether?
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

you out the contants of the MINECRAFT JAR folder in the BTW 1.94 (so something along that name) into the .jar file, not the mods folder, correct?
shakeyknight

Post by shakeyknight »

09-Sep-2011 01:44:20 ModLoader init
FINE: ModLoader Beta 1.7.3 Initializing...
09-Sep-2011 01:44:20 ModLoader readFromClassPath
FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\youtube\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar
09-Sep-2011 01:44:20 ModLoader readFromClassPath
FINER: Zip found.
09-Sep-2011 01:44:20 ModLoader AddAllRenderers
FINE: Initialized

is this the correct file?
shakeyknight

Post by shakeyknight »

Stormweaver wrote:When you say it doesn't want to work, how do you mean? Does it give you a black screen, a crash ingame or does minecraft fail to start altogether?
no i am able to play the game normally but i am not able to craft anything or get any hemp or dung and things like that.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

shakeyknight wrote:
no i am able to play the game normally but i am not able to craft anything or get any hemp or dung and things like that.
not the mods folder, the minecraft.jar
shakeyknight

Post by shakeyknight »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
shakeyknight wrote:
i have no mods folder
to make it easier i am uploading my .minecraft folder as i am getting a little confused ill put the link in a few mins when its uploaded
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

shakeyknight wrote:
walker_boh_65 wrote:
shakeyknight wrote:
i have no mods folder
to make it easier i am uploading my .minecraft folder as i am getting a little confused ill put the link in a few mins when its uploaded
You can't upload your .minecraft folder, it breaks copywrite law, and you may be banned.

Just follow the instructions to the letter in the readme included in the BTW download zip.
shakeyknight

Post by shakeyknight »

extremely sorry but ive been a complete noob as i have just figured out what i did wrong, sorry for wasting your time =/
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

shakeyknight wrote:extremely sorry but ive been a complete noob as i have just figured out what i did wrong, sorry for wasting your time =/
Don't worry 'bout it, it's what we're here for. kinda.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
technicianryan

Post by technicianryan »

Ok maybe im the complete noob, but im having the exact same problem. Where i install Modloader followed by Forge, and then BTW. Deleted the META-INF and followed the instructs to the "t" yet i still can't play with the mod.

Is it possible that the mods don't yet work with the new 1.8 version?
rbh

Post by rbh »

technicianryan wrote:Is it possible that the mods don't yet work with the new 1.8 version?
Yes that's you're problem.
There are ways to go back to a previous version. I think MCNostalgia is one of them.
But to me, backups is the easiest way.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

technicianryan wrote:Ok maybe im the complete noob, but im having the exact same problem. Where i install Modloader followed by Forge, and then BTW. Deleted the META-INF and followed the instructs to the "t" yet i still can't play with the mod.

Is it possible that the mods don't yet work with the new 1.8 version?
At the very least, BTW is not updated for 1.8.1 yet.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

shakeyknight wrote:extremely sorry but ive been a complete noob as i have just figured out what i did wrong, sorry for wasting your time =/
When you figure something like this out online, you should normally post your solution, so if other people have a similar problem, it might help them.