Dominions 4

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Sarudak
Site Admin

Dominions 4

Post by Sarudak »

Does anyone else play this series? I've had a lot of fun with it. I really like the variety and depth provided by how unique each nation is and the variety of pretender gods as well as the depth of the battle and magic system.
DemonButter

Re: Dominions 4

Post by DemonButter »

I play it often and its a blast. I'm great with the administration of resources and troops but I am SO terrible at pretender creation and using magic. I am sort of new and damn 800 magic spells and all them unique units make me really dumb with planning strategies around magic. One of those games that'll take me too long to grasp fully but I love it.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Yeah that can be difficult. I recommend trying to focus on a particular strategy with each playthrough. For example try Abysia and focus on Evocations with your fire mages. Then try Kalissa and use their awesome earth mages and Alteration to buff your pitiful monkeys. I only recently learned the power of buffing your troops with alteration and enhchantment.
DemonButter

Post by DemonButter »

I get what you're saying and I try to do just that but I don't have the foresight on how to develop and deploy my magic. I suppose with time I'll be able to formulate something workable.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Steam says I've played 562 hours, wow.

And in all that time I've only played one game that was not Early Age, namely MA Ermor, which I gave up due to the insane micro required.

It's an amazing game, with crazy depth, but also quite unbalanced factions. It also has a small but extremely dedicated and hardcore community that is generally comprised of veterans of the game since it's first incarnations.

There is so much to this game, that after all that playtime I still feel like a noob. :P

So what factions do you guys like/play? Maybe at some point we could arrange a multiplayer game or something.

Also if I have one tip, it is this: Learn to use Thugs and Super Combatants. They are the key to successful warfare by harassing and splitting enemy armies.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
DemonButter

Post by DemonButter »

I only have 39 hours on Dominions 4 and probably had around the same play time on Dominions 3. I'm still a baby. I enjoy playing with Ulm but I'm still horrible at everything. Love the game to bits, though.