Can't craft an Anvil

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
CodyLeBlanc

Can't craft an Anvil

Post by CodyLeBlanc »

I've built a crucible and used it to forge steel, but i can't use the steel to craft an anvil. I'm assuming I need to do it on a crafting bench. The recipe I found was;

S S S
- S -
S S S

There's no photo and when I try clicking on the empty space it doesn't make an anvil either, so I know it isn't simply the graphic that's missing. Everything else I've tried to do in the mod has worked.

Has anyone else came across this?
Tekei

Re: Can't craft an Anvil

Post by Tekei »

Which version on BTW are you running?
Urian

Post by Urian »

Make sure you're using the most current BTW version (2.94).

Moving this to tech support since it's not a bug.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I ran into exactly the same thing; assuming you're running the latest version of BTW, are you using a texture pack? If you are, make sure it's fully up-to-date, otherwise you will have trouble crafting items not included on it.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
phrost

Post by phrost »

I have exactly the same problem.

Not using a texture pack.
I even installed recipe book and looked through all the pages, anvil can not be crafted.
BTW version 2.94.

Also on side note, nethercoal is required to make steel, yet cant be made. I could not grind coal in the mill stone :(
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

That definitely seems like the wrong version.
Have you tried crafting steel tools in the workbench?
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I think I know what might be going on. You probably downloaded from the thread in the Announcements section, which linked to an old version until yesterday. Sometimes FC forgets to update that link when he updates the mod. From now on download from the "New Release" thread in the discussion section, as that is the first one to be updated whenever the mod updates.
phrost

Post by phrost »

Let me try to redownload.
phrost

Post by phrost »

Thank you sargunster, you were 100% right. I redownloaded and it fixed all the problems.
CaptainFoxx

Post by CaptainFoxx »

Haha I somehow managed to get BTW to work, but i can't craft ANYTHING from the recipe lists