piston style - saws !!!

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
N-man69

piston style - saws !!!

Post by N-man69 »

hi every 1

i suggest that make the the saw like piston
when actived by redstun its make the spike go forward 1 block

if there who says that you may stick the saw with sticky piston
i say i was making farm
but when i wanna to place saw i dont have any place
and when i wanna to rotate the saw while its sticky i can't

so i suggest that make i saw acting like piston while placin it by the old saw

thx for reading ^_^
Triskelli

Re: piston style - saws !!!

Post by Triskelli »

Just... just *sigh*

Poorly worded, poorly typed, and poorly thought out. BUT! I did take the liberty of reading your post more than once to try and distill the idea behind it. Correct me if I'm wrong:
Hey!

I had a cool idea today: What if we could extend and retract the saw's blade? It would be really cool looking and would help me build my tree farm, because the saws don't work with sticky pistons very well.
There! Much better without the l33t speak and some actual punctuation, now, isn't it?

But the answer is still a resounding NO. This is a prime example of someone asking Flower to bend the mod to their specific needs without a thought to how practical or balanced it may be. N-man, not the best way to start out.
N-man69

Post by N-man69 »

Triskelli wrote:Image

Just... just *sigh*

Poorly worded, poorly typed, and poorly thought out. BUT! I did take the liberty of reading your post more than once to try and distill the idea behind it. Correct me if I'm wrong:
Hey!

I had a cool idea today: What if we could extend and retract the saw's blade? It would be really cool looking and would help me build my tree farm, because the saws don't work with sticky pistons very well.
There! Much better without the l33t speak and some actual punctuation, now, isn't it?

But the answer is still a resounding NO. This is a prime example of someone asking Flower to bend the mod to their specific needs without a thought to how practical or balanced it may be. N-man, not the best way to start out.
thx for your reply and
im not english so dont Surprise
and hopefully no1 else note my l33t more then the idea
echo off

Post by echo off »

i was so happy to see the facepalm picture... that made my day :)
M!C

Post by M!C »

Nice pic Triskelli. It has been saved for further usage ...

On topic: I don't see anything but "AESTHETIC" on my screen. Not going to happen.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

M!C wrote:Nice pic Triskelli. It has been saved for further usage ...

On topic: I don't see anything but "AESTHETIC" on my screen. Not going to happen.
No, no, this one isn't actually isn't aesthetic. He's asking for saw blades, when powered with redstone, to extend another block. I could see some uses, but proper application of pistons negates them.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Fracture wrote:No, no, this one isn't actually isn't aesthetic. He's asking for saw blades, when powered with redstone, to extend another block. I could see some uses, but proper application of pistons negates them.
I see what your hinting at but I still believe you can always move everything towards the saw, as far as I know there is no need to do it the other way round (that's what you're saying as well, right?). That's why the only aspect left imo is the aesthetic one. I probably should have made myself clearer in the first post. Please forgive me, I'm hitting the 30 hour mark without sleep atm (and it's 3 o'clock in the morning here).
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Saws popping out of walls as traps would be pretty damn funny
SCIENCE!
cjrg

Post by cjrg »

damnit! you beat me at posting the stupidest thing ever now i need to think of something to piss off everyone even more!

EDIT: i think i just succeded :P
Nexus Trimean

Post by Nexus Trimean »

Use a piston to push your target into your saw, it has the same effect.
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Still, making fun of someone who doesn't have english as a first language?

Come on, now.

I am disappoint.
SCIENCE!
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Hey, English isn't Battosay's first language either, and he's a pillar of the community. I agree that something may have been lost in translation, but that's still not an excuse to use "every1" instead of "everyone"

As far as I'm aware, "1" is a number in every language, and not a letter.

(I'm not trying to make fun of N-man for his language, I'm just trying to point out what mistakes he made in his post and try to have a little fun while doing it. I'm not being particularly cruel or malicious, am I?)
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Triskelli wrote:I'm not being particularly cruel or malicious, am I?)

Is that a real honest question?

It is off-putting, really, and I'm not even subject to it. From the position of having lurked at these forums for a month without registering, I wasn't really that crazy about making my first post because the atmosphere doesn't often come off as newbie-friendly and often times for vauge or unexplained reasons. It was a little worrying.

Really, it doesn't matter that someone completely unrelated to him has a better grasp of English when it isn't their second language. I don't have any grasp of German because it isn't my first language and just because my friend is fluent in German, even though it isn't her first language either, doesn't mean I'm some sort of mental feeb.
SCIENCE!
M!C

Post by M!C »

Magmarashi wrote:
Triskelli wrote:I'm not being particularly cruel or malicious, am I?)

Is that a real honest question?

It is off-putting, really, and I'm not even subject to it. From the position of having lurked at these forums for a month without registering, I wasn't really that crazy about making my first post because the atmosphere doesn't often come off as newbie-friendly and often times for vauge or unexplained reasons. It was a little worrying.

Really, it doesn't matter that someone completely unrelated to him has a better grasp of English when it isn't their second language. I don't have any grasp of German because it isn't my first language and just because my friend is fluent in German, even though it isn't her first language either, doesn't mean I'm some sort of mental feeb.
While I think that you're absolutely right with what you're saying I'd also say that a certain level of language is necessary for a forum to function properly. Especially the use of l33t speak is absolutely counterproductive when you're already difficult to understand.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

M!C wrote:While I think that you're absolutely right with what you're saying I'd also say that a certain level of language is necessary for a forum to function properly. Especially the use of l33t speak is absolutely counterproductive when you're already difficult to understand.
That's something that has always bothered me; if someone's ability in a language isn't that good, why would they be using a shorthand form of it in the first place? Seems counter productive to actually learning the language.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Magmarashi

ITT: A Dyslexic leading the Unfluent

Post by Magmarashi »

Shorthand is easier, is why. Full languages aren't easy to learn for everyone, and depending on mental structure a full grasp of another language can be almost impossible beyond a certain point. I would hardly call using 1 instead of one while just plain not spelling the other words properly "l33tsp33k", that's more a sign of someone without a full grasp of the grammar trying to alieviate some of the strain to communicate an idea. The internet, Minecraft, and by extension BTW exists on an international scale, stuff like this is bound to occur and being a little more mindful could go along way.

As for "a certain level of language is necessary" you are right. A certain level of communication and understanding is built up and expected within the community, as is natural, which makes situations like this as sticky as they are. Conundrums~
SCIENCE!