Forum Game Called Godhood!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Noodlerex

Re: Forum Game Called Godhood!

Post by Noodlerex »

Noodle rose once more from the plants on the surface of our new world, this time in a genuinely determined mood, determined to shed his previously dormant character. He took time to stroll through the landscape catching up on all new creations, both his and his family members. as he climbed to the peak of a newly discovered mountain he came across an orblight both beautiful and unique.

He descended into the deepest valleys and met with the giant Stonemen and their companions The Steelwalkers, and yet still he felt empty, lost, alone. He thought that maybe if he spent some time with the purest of creations, the animal life on Atrium he would find the satisfaction he was searching for. He strode through the villages of the Fidonians saw them as they worshiped Fido and then he realised what he was lacking.

While He was blessed by all the life of Atrium he had not a single species to call his own besides the Vinewalkers who, due to his neglect had floundered without any true guidance.

He flew back the Rainforest with great haste realising exactly what he had been missing and out the void that it had been, his kingdom started to flourish

((not sure if I can upgrade an already created sentient but Im doing it anyway))
Bringing more strength to his Vinewalkers noodle slowly allows them to grow into stronger creations, creations with hears of wood and an exoskeleton tough enough to withstand the sharpest of stone tools, at least for a little while +2 strength and they become less shy ready to openly communicate with visitors to the forest. -1 act

Allowing the trees to flourish even higher noodle gives to his creations the dexterity needed to form simple structures and even form a temple at the top of the great tree, know as Skyreach +2Dexterity -2 acts
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Round 4
Fido created the afterlife, an order of fidonians called the ventricle, and a pamphlet detailing the arcane arts, but then went in to a deep slumber...
Bino created mystical statues, which when found, can reform an area geographically.
Triskel teaches magic and metalworking to his Choumen
Walker, in his search for an aforementioned statue, created tornados and hurricanes. He then found a statue, used it to create a massive mountain, and built a temple on the top.
Noodle improved his vinewalkers, making them better suited for civilized life, and intermingling with other races

Triskel- 4 Acts (2 from worship)
Bino- 3 Acts (2 from worship, 1 from the creation of a mountain)
Walker- 4 Acts (2 from worship)
Noodle- 5 Acts (2 from worship, 1 from experiencing all the life forms)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

The Fidonians are lacking a main god... I fear if another god gains their worship, this world would go out of balance... I must show them that I am worth worshiping. I will raise the ground beneath their cities. Their civilization will tower over many others, because of me. They will be in a defensible position, should this world ever descend into war. I will also build an addition to the pantheon. A winding staircase, leading to the depths of the world. I can only hope they meet my StoneMen, and embrace their ways of peace and virtue. Either way, they will appreciate my power, and attempt to fall into my favor.
Raise the Fidonian City higher, onto a large hill - 1 Act
Create a labyrinth of tunnels beneath the pantheon, where StoneMen are commonly found - 1 Act
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Wow, this is a bit of a twist!

Here's Noodle's portrait, rounding out our pantheon =]
Spoiler
Show
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

BinoAl wrote:The Fidonians are lacking a main god... I fear if another god gains their worship, this world would go out of balance... I must show them that I am worth worshiping. I will raise the ground beneath their cities. Their civilization will tower over many others, because of me. They will be in a defensible position, should this world ever descend into war. I will also build an addition to the pantheon. A winding staircase, leading to the depths of the world. I can only hope they meet my StoneMen, and embrace their ways of peace and virtue. Either way, they will appreciate my power, and attempt to fall into my favor.
Upon hearing of Bino's act, i knew i had to act fast for the balance of this world depended upon it. I had to end my visit to brother Noodle short, taking a ride on the wind to my cloud home and quickly wrote out two letters. I gave one to a bird and one to a weather man to deliver. And now it is just a waiting game, a game the cannot afford to be lost...

The Bino One's letter, delivered by the bird:Fido is gone and the first think of is how can i can power? That is despicable my brother! We shall not have any treachery between the gods for then we are no less then those who worship us. If a single one for us gains their worships the entire world would fall out of balance regardless of who he is, brother! What would Fido think of this act of he was here! Your judgement has been far too rash, you must undo your actions if we, as gods, are to live in harmony with one another. I hope this is a mere overlook, brother, not an undermine of power in the making... -Walker

Triskelli's letter, delivered by the weather man:You spoke of a favor i could ask of you brother, this is the time i wish for your to uphold the promise. If at all possible, brother, could you convince The Stoned One to undo his actions for the means of peace. With Fido gone,we must join together to keep order, not to break apart for the sole sake of gaining power, that he has no right to. So please brother, all i ask of you is to convince brother Bino to undo his actions, if you can do this, i will be in your debt brother. -Walker
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

((Dang, this is getting interesting! And even better, if we all lose that means I win! *evillaugh*))

((A small note about Noodle's portrait; That's of him waking up after one of his little 'naps' he's so fond of and turning from a tree into a man, with a Vinewalker behind him. Yah, yah, it's a sloth instead of a bug, but I thought it fit well.))

The choumen had spread far across the world. Villages and towns appeared in the canyons, the mountains, in the jungles, and all along the River Noodle back down to the very same marshes from whence they sprung. The oversized owls had become excellent storytellers and negotiators in their own right, easily befriending the new Vinewalkers in their jungle homes. Each "tribe" was ruled independently, and Triskel preferred to let them govern themselves.

"Why in all of Atrium would you do that?!"

"Because Chouette, I want to see how resourceful they can be on their own. Mortals are cleverer than we Gods give them credit for. Besides, it's always more fun to knock down the work of others... Watch this!"

Triskel took a step off the jungle path and up to a tall bush, dense with leaves. With a wave of his hand, the shrub shuttered to life. Its' branches shifted into an almost comic display of surprise... or perhaps it was horror? The creature shambled on through the undergrowth, moving silently despite its awkwardness. It was out of sight quickly.

Chouette gave a shudder. "...And what was the point of that creepy thing?"

"Nothing really, but that is a good name for it. A Creeper!"

The little owl replied with barely contained sarcasm "Really. And what precisely does a creeper DO?"

"It wanders around until it explodes. Pitiful things really; All they want is a good hug."

"...You're absolutely mad."

"By training as hard as I can every day! Hahahahahaa!"

*********************************************************************************

Triskel returned to the Pantheon.

"Ah, Fido! Care for a rematch? I'm almost certain I can beat you at your own game!"

Fido was examining some sort of device, that gave off an un-atrial glow. "One moment, brother. I need to check on something."

Triskel walked beside the God of Intelligence and peered at the device. It gave off a small hum and seemed to open into the void itself. "And what might this toy be?"

For all his wisdom, Fido seemed absent-minded. "Hmm? Oh, this is my hammerspace generator. It's where I put stuff I don't always need. Right now I'm..."

The great Deceiver was able to snatch the machine from his brothers grasp, to inspect it for himself. "So this box contains a whole seperate world? Fascinating..." The God started fiddling with the controls as he had seen Fido do.

"Wait! Don't touch that!" The canine immortal grabbed the device, as it began to hum louder. "This is VERY delicate. Why, if you had pressed the wro-"

!!BRZZAT!!

With a mighty flash of light and peal of thunder, Fido had vanished. And wherever he had gone, the box had gone with him. Triskel could no longer feel his presence at all. Wherever he had gone, he was no longer on this plane of existence at all.

"Oh."

**********************************************************************************

Pleasant Point.

A simple name, that encompasses it's simple beauty. This was Triskel's holy ground, that self-same spot nestled amongst the sea-islands, where grey moss hung from the trees like so many scarves, and the finally river met its end. Far away from the dominance of Mount Charleston, the breathtaking canyons, the impenetrable jungle, or the vast plains. The marsh was far more humble than any of these works of the Gods, and was in its own way even greater. The land grew gold as the Heart hung low over the horizon, and the Coeur had already made its way into the twilit sky. Triskel contemplated the marble sphere suspended in the Void.

"Hmhmm, Bino's finest work. I don't think he'll ever top it." he said with a low chuckle.

A hurried cloud blew in front of the moon, swept along by some far-off wind.

"Looks like one of Walker's Weathers is in a awful hurry..."

The cloud stopped, then plummeted to the ground. As it approached a thick fog wound its way through the trees. The Weatherman stepped from the shroud and handed a parchment to the God. Triskel scanned the message.

"Tell Walker I'll do what I can. Our brother may have stepped too far."

The Weatherman rose and the thick fog with it. It rushed off to its master. Triskel grinned as he flew off towards the Fidonian Capital.

"Bino, I think you've just managed to outdo yourself."

Triskel creates Creepers.
-1 act: Triskel encourages tension between Walker and Bino.
-1 act: Triskel offers support to Bino AND Walker without the other knowing.

((Note to BinoAl & Walker_Boh: I like the idea of an epic battle over the fate of the Fidonians, both in character and out of character. Let's try and roll with that. =]))
Last edited by Triskelli on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

walker_boh_65 wrote: The Bino One's letter, delivered by the bird:Fido is gone and the first think of is how can i can power? That is despicable my brother! We shall not have any treachery between the gods for then we are no less then those who worship us. If a single one for us gains their worships the entire world would fall out of balance regardless of who he is, brother! What would Fido think of this act of he was here! Your judgement has been far too rash, you must undo your actions if we, as gods, are to live in harmony with one another. I hope this is a mere overlook, brother, not an undermine of power in the making... -Walker
I can not undo my actions, brother. This world is about balance: Too much life, and it strangles itself. Too little, and it dies out. You are one of creation, while Triskel embraces chaos, likes to keep things interesting. I am not a god of good, nor evil. Of creation, nor destruction. I am a god of stone. Withstanding, waiting. True balance. 'Tis a shame you can't appreciate this.
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

((thanks Triskelli that's pretty much how i pictured myself, thanks for that.))
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

((No problem, Noodle. Posted my acts.))
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Triskelli wrote:((Dang, this is getting interesting! And even better, if we all lose that means I win! *evillaugh*))

Triskel creates Creepers.
-1 act: Triskel encourages tension between Walker and Bino.
-1 act: Triskel offers support to Bino AND Walker without the other knowing.

((Note to BinoAl & Walker_Boh: I like the idea of an epic battle over the fate of the Fidonians, both in character and out of character. Let's try and roll with that. =]))
That is somewhat of what i was hoping for, now that right there underlined in genius this is getting more and more interesting by the hour.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Fido, not in a slumber, but a coma, and when a god goes comatose, all other gods suffer certain consequences. The gods of the Sarguntine Pantheon, because of this, are shunted into a new universe, where the gods never existed, but their creations did. A universe where the drums of war are beginning to beat.
I'm back and Fido is gonna be comatose for now, causing the fabric of the universe to start unraveling. You all are now mortals with a few small powers, and are in a world like the one you started in but without gods. This is where things take a turn on 49th and bananas. This is also where Triskelli stops being the only one who brings up philosophy. So everyone, you are now mortal, must eat, drink, sleep, and not bleed. You are restricted to 6 acts maximum, but can build small objects like a sack woven out of flux for free. You can only perform small miracles, i.e. 1 act equals magic missile, 3 acts would be making a bag of holding that weighs as much as it's contents, and 4 acts would be to make a bag of holding that weighs about 2 ounces, no matter the contents.
Last edited by joetalbot1 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Nearly cause a flame war over MLP. check
Cost Flowerchild some sanity. check
Say,"I've seen everything, now to die." why would I?
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

((do our characters still have memory of being a god and if so do we still have affinity with our creations,[Rant] i also am slightly displeased at this turn of events but your the GM so I'll keep playing along i just hope we can become gods once more.[/Rant]
*EDIT* what is microlight20 i went to the website but i have no clue how to use the thing))
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

I'm just going to wing it here. Trust me, this is how the time I played godhood went. I know the progression, I know how this complex matrix works and I can make it not complicated.
Godhood 2: The Descent, Round 1!
After waking up on this vaguely familiar planet, you realize it is Atrium, and find it odd that you woke up, for that implies you fell asleep and everyone knows that real gods didn't need to sleep. But you do now. You wake up, see your fellow gods, and everybody looks at Triskel, and just as he's about to have the(literaly) holy (not-so-literaly)crap beaten out of him, a Fidonian walks up and says, "...the hell did you idiots come from? And why the old-fasioned garb? This is no longer the 5th year of Civilization. This is the 2011th year of Civilization, so you should dress accordingly and my god I have never seen creatures like you before are you gods?" You all feel very hungry, and remember how to properly cook Fidonian, and that he has a pistol on his belt. You all have 3 acts, 1 Fidonian skeleton, and 10 servings of Jamestown Jerky (the people of jamestown ate dogs IRL). You can feel where Fido is in comparison to you, and that you should head towards Indeos, where he is held.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

((Wait, what? We were scaling up for a war of the titans and you rip the immortality out from under our feet? Where's the attention to the plot? The... the sense of story flow? We're...

We're in the future now. Fan-fuggin'-tastic. I think I liked Bino's plot twist better.

*sigh*... I suppose you're the GM, though, we hafta play by YOUR rules. We coulda at least been dropped into the Era we were working on right then, instead of millennia in the future. Would have been interesting to see a war of the Gods from a mortal perspective.

Gah. Expect a decent rewrite of this turn of events tomorrow morning. I'll try to stick to your version Joe, don't worry. Year 2011 and everything. Just wanna make it flow a little better than "You suddenly awaken in a field". That's worse than "You enter a tavern..."))

((*EDIT* Dear God. This is exactly what happens in Beastmaster II and Hercules in New York! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! /Vader))
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

Saving this spot for my post

Also why the *whateversortofhellispresentinthisworld* would we kill and eat one of our loyal followers?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

ahh, come on! we were just making a war of epic proportion, over the fate of the Floridians while you were sucked into another dimension....[rant] i was gonna have us be mortal when we went into the other realm to find fido, gah my plan is ruined [/endrant]

rereads, 2011? may i ask why the jump? and is the tech progression the same?..ill see what i can do...
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

*removed*
Last edited by duartemad on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

joetalbot1 wrote:Trust me, this is how the time I played godhood went. I know the progression, I know how this complex matrix works and I can make it not complicated.
You know the reason one of the rules of this game is don't look up other games that were played? This is why. You can't model a game like this based on one you played before, especially not interrupting something everyone was getting involved in. The GM shouldn't make any abrupt changes like this. This COULD be fun. I'm not saying the idea itself is bad. But whisking us away from what we were all enjoying is just a terrible idea. There are a billion better ways to implement this, like the universe god being angry with the gods for the battles, The death of a god triggering our being flung to the mortal realm, etc. To be honest, being ripped away from the previous conflicts, I'm not even that interested in playing anymore.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Now for a less raged, more thought out post: Look, i know from plenty of experiences that as a GM you have a vision of how things should go, and they end up taking a turn, i get that. But whenever i, as a GM/DM did change it back to what i had planned right away, a lot of interest was lost because my players had already thought out there next few turns and how to better evolve the story. The one time i did let things continue and play out to an end before i started my plan, thins went a lot smoother. As for your reasoning, it makes no sense. We had all settled on Fido being taking to another realm and we would have to go in search of him, he had already vanished, but now you are saying that he never went away but he is in a coma? I agree i like the way things were unfolding with Bino and myself, it made a lot of logical sense, a struggle for power will always come when someone with power is absent. So can i ask that you please go back and let us play this out, perhaps make us go onto the mortal plane while in search of you in the other realm, that could be interesting, having 4 mortals have to rescue an god from other gods. But that is just my opinion
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Hmm, I wonder what duartemad had to say.

Anyway, I find it frustrating that Joetalbot is only on once a day at around midnight. Believe me, I understand that life overrides the internet, but it's hard arguing with someone that isn't there. =[
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

i think the worst part is that we cant hear his side, and we dont want to continue until we figure this out
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Trust me, guys, things will be fun. And, lemme clear something up, Fido is in another realm, he's just also in a coma. And you guys are in the same realm, just depowered, but not in a coma. Also, you can continue the social interactions between each other, and, personally, I don't give a jolly shit what you planned, only that it was very easy for me to screw up. Don't take this the wrong way, I just like fucking with you guys. You also have a Fidonian pelt, 1 set of humanoid clothes, and a 4 person tent complete with 4 bedrolls, to share. Continue playing, I promise you it will be fun. This is to seperate the men from the internet nerds.
EDIT: There will be epic warfare in this, too. The tech has gotten to Zork 3's level, and noone has any arcane power, but the Arcane Pamphlet, known from now on as the Magic Magazine. You will return to the original universe at year 10, and at twice the power, enough to make a star system with 1 act, and the creature stat system is going to be phased out. And the Fidonian was not a follower, he was a worshipper of the Enitnugras Pantheon, and mainly worshipper Reklaw, God of Weather.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

joetalbot1 wrote: I don't give a jolly shit what you planned, only that it was very easy for me to screw up. Don't take this the wrong way, I just like fucking with you guys.
A GM who doesn't give a jolly shit about how the players were playing out there own story and turns the world upside down... sigh
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

joetalbot1 wrote:This is to seperate the men from the internet nerds.
EDIT: There will be epic warfare in this, too. The tech has gotten to Zork 3's level, and noone has any arcane power, but the Arcane Pamphlet, known from now on as the Magic Magazine. You will return to the original universe at year 10, and at twice the power, enough to make a star system with 1 act, and the creature stat system is going to be phased out. And the Fidonian was not a follower, he was a worshipper of the Enitnugras Pantheon, and mainly worshipper Reklaw, God of Weather.
i think you see what i did there, nah i kid, i just dont have a damn clue what that means
Noodlerex wrote:
joetalbot1 wrote: I don't give a jolly shit what you planned, only that it was very easy for me to screw up. Don't take this the wrong way, I just like fucking with you guys.
A GM who doesn't give a jolly shit about how the players were playing out there own story and turns the world upside down... sigh
said well my brother,
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Guessing this is your first time being a DM, joe?

First rule: Don't hold too tight to your plans.

The entire point of games like this is that they are player-progressed. Forcing them into random plot events pulled from other games isn't fun for them, and an empty game isn't fun for you.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.