Kerbal music?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
jorgebonafe

Kerbal music?

Post by jorgebonafe »

I like to watch a lot of those prank channels on youtube. I just saw one and I heard a familiar song...

http://youtu.be/a5nLfMw_azg?t=26s

Huh? Does the soundtrack on KSP uses royalty free songs? I find hard to believe they just took the song from the game of all places :P
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Sinornithosaurus

Re: Kerbal music?

Post by Sinornithosaurus »

Mr. MacLeod makes them: http://incompetech.com/

It's all royalty free. You can find that specific song here: http://incompetech.com/wordpress/2012/04/brittle-rille/
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Oh, ok... I thought so, that makes more sense...
I was pretty surprised though... I never heard those songs, and they fit so well in the game, I just assumed they made the music :P

I wish there was a way or a plugin that allowed to edit the music played in the game though... I wanted to put [this] as the "flying in space" music
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, I remember back when Vioki and Charley were making videos, I got confused at one point because they used a song in one of their vids that was straight out of KSP :)

All public domain to my knowledge. Pretty good game tunes too.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

... and dude...

If you're going to create a playlist for KSP, it simply MUST include this, especially during docking operations:

If you don't know why: damn kids these days :)
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

FlowerChild wrote:... and dude...

If you're going to create a playlist for KSP, it simply MUST include this, especially during docking operations:

If you don't know why: damn kids these days :)
Very good point!
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FlowerChild wrote:If you don't know why: damn kids these days :)
Lol, yeah, I'll do that, but only when I get to the point where I can make a huge rotating space station I can dock my space plane in.
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Thats from 2001: A Space Odyssey, right? I hope im right...
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gunnerman21 wrote:Thats from 2001: A Space Odyssey, right? I hope im right...
Yeah, it's a double reference really:

2001 used it in its docking scene.

Then Elite, which was a classic old-school video game from I believe the late 80's (I played a ton of it back on a C64, so that seems about right), used it as its docking music in reference to 2001.

Elite was basically the original 3D space trading game, so it's a pretty common reference in video games for us old timers :)

EDIT: Here...this is what qualified as amazing graphics and sound back then:

jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FlowerChild wrote:Snip
Wow! that is some fast ship... Look at all those stars just zoom past him!
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

jorgebonafe wrote:Wow! that is some fast ship... Look at all those stars just zoom past him!
Not only that, but size of the ship you're docking with may be comparable to the size of the observable universe.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

So, I tend to put together mp3 playlists for each genre of game that I play. Earlier today I decided to finally put one together for KSP/space games in general, and remembering this thread, decided to do it on youtube so that I could share it with others.

So here you go. Space ala FlowerChild :)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 2ppypHyYbl

It's not in any particular order (other than quasi-alphabetical as I went through my music library), so I'd recommend playing it on shuffle mode.
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

Holy crap, FC. Being a musical guy, myself, I had to appear and comment on this. There is just so much awesomeness in that playlist. I thought you were more of a 70's~80's hard rock/metal person, but I was pleasantly surprised to spot stuff like Moby, Massive Attack and Radiohead. And, obviously, some good ol' Strauss ;)

I congratulate you for your awesome taste. Now, I'll give my ears some goodness to listen to.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Haha, if you were any closer to me FC, I'd invite you to come do a DJ set with me. That's pretty awesome stuff :)

Reminds me I need to put White Rabbit in my DJ bag for the psychelic set I'm preparing (yes, I have a club that lets me play psychedelic 60's records all night).
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Turns out I have some new KSP music that I wanted to share.

I'm a fan of the show Vikings, and after watching many episodes kept thinking to myself "man, this theme song is too good to have been written just for the show". So, doing a small bit of research, I confirmed that was indeed the case, and was introduced to a band that I've never listened to before, but which I'm totally digging:

First track is the one that's used for the show, and I'm finding the haunting quality of it VERY appropriate for space, so I thought I'd share it here. It's kinda become the theme of my current mission to Duna ;)