Mob Traps

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
erikdk321

Re: Mob Traps

Post by erikdk321 »

When you kill an enderman the drops doesnt teleport away with it. When you cant find them its because they simply didnt drop any.
Mud

Post by Mud »

myrkana wrote: but its easy to get those pearls o.O just make a two high hut thing with no sides and look at endermen each night, they cant get under the hut but you can so you can attack them from underneath the hut. I'd think getting the pearls fro mthe trap would take much longer than the few nights it takes to kill the 12 or so endermen you need
Build the "hut" on an elevated platform that's well lit with spider ledges. This will keep other mobs from coming after you while you're luring Endermen at night.
VegasGoat

Post by VegasGoat »

erikdk321 wrote:When you kill an enderman the drops doesnt teleport away with it. When you cant find them its because they simply didnt drop any.
I'm not so sure, but it was back in October when I tried it so my memory could be faulty. What I remember is if I killed them while I was protected and they couldn't hit me, they warped away as they died and I didn't see any XP orbs. If I killed them in the open where I was vulnerable, then the XP orbs ended up where I killed them.

I still find it safer to use the trap than running around at night looking for endermen among all the other mobs.
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

The 2-high umbrellas have never worked quite well for me either. Every time, without fail, either the Enderman gets stuck somewhere just close enough that he doesn't want to teleport, or he sees fit to teleport onto the roof. At some point I started placing cactus on top (but then I got paranoid about the drops being destroid), and later on I had the "bright" idea of mining a 1x1 hole through the roof and quickly running under it (you can imagine how this may have ended).

To get pearls in one of my earlier worlds, I built a waterless drop farm - one that didn't require hoppers all over the place. (a hint: I only had 4 vine traps per layer)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

When an enderman teleports away, its xp goes with it, but drops stay where you killed it. Endermen have around a 50% drop chance for 1 pearl I believe, so often times you may just not be getting one.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

ExpHP wrote:Every time, without fail, either the Enderman gets stuck somewhere just close enough that he doesn't want to teleport, or he sees fit to teleport onto the roof.
Not that this isn't dangerous...but my strategy there is to run quickly out from the umbrella and then circle back immediately. If you're quick and careful, and if you're wearing armor (which you definitely should be) then he won't be able to kill you but he'll teleport to a place where you can hit him. I don't have much trouble collecting the requisite pearls using this method.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

I do exactly the same except you dont have to go fully out, you can stand on the edge of your cover and hit it while its on the edge of the roof.