answer to automated clay (wip)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
peppy

answer to automated clay (wip)

Post by peppy »

hello and first i just want to say thank you flower child for this mod, i read on this forum that there was almost no idea how to automate urn production with clay recycling, and i almost have the answer for this, there are some bugs still have to be worked out, the clay block recovery and placement is the final bug i have to work out before i start to move on to the automated kiln

note: 100% water free and item elevator free

credit:

flowerchild for creating the mod
razar51 for the inspiration for the auto urn
kjbrona for starting the thread that got me to create this contraption
Spoiler
Show
ImageImageImageImageImage
WORLD DOWNLOAD (version 1.299999)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/y6cwc ... ACHINE.rar

note 2:

basic clay workings - compress 4 clay =1 block.... 1 block =1 urn and 3 clay

i have noticed that as long as there is a clay block infront of the detector block it works perfectly, but after it gets on its last block that feeds into the dispenser regardless if there is 3 or 6 clay at the bottom of the "clay compressing shaft" you will loose it, as long as the block dispenser feeding the clay turntable has nothing in it. if there is even just 1 block of clay in it, expect to lose (3*n) (n= number of clay blocks) so do not feed this machine with clay blocks feed it with clay and press the cycle button three times when it runs dry. once to make a clay block, second to load the clay to the piston, and 3 to load the clay to be sucked up by the dispenser

version 1.0

for those who downloaded this and have a timing issue, there was a slight issue, the game saved in mid-spin of a turntable, so the blocks stayed but the torches moved, posted below is how the torches should look when both block dispensers are facing eachother. the one on the left is on the bottom block and the one in the middle and the one to the right are on the second block
Spoiler
Show
also the redstone torch on its own, opposite the one in the picture, make sure its facing away from the machine
version 1.299999 is on its way with AUTO KILN i am still using the world that is provided for download, looks like item elevators might be needed but since HCB is always on this WILL be 100% water free.

still needed
Spoiler
Show
1. auto mill stone for netherrack
2 second auto kiln to produce soul flux
3. item elevator for urn production
4. concentrated hellfire boiler
5. auto mill for coal

this machine will create
white cobblestone, soul forged steel, and concentrated hell fire
Last edited by peppy on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Yhetti

Re: answer to automated clay (wip)

Post by Yhetti »

Hey man, this is really awesome, I was always good at building machines like this except I always used water. :( So I appreciate this, because I would like to build one in my current world.
peppy

Post by peppy »

im the same way but i always like to push the envelope and see what i can do, even though this is not compact, this DOES work but its not very user friendly so follow the signs i put ontop of the machine first before reading the signs to the left and touching any redstone on this machine will cause timing issues so if you build this machine (version 1.0) build it exactly how i have it or you will have timing issues
razar51

Post by razar51 »

peppy wrote: credit:

flowerchild for creating the mod
razar51 for the inspiration for the auto urn
kjbrona for starting the thread that got me to create this contraption
I feel accomplished that I helped to inspire someone to create =D.
peppy

Post by peppy »

razar51 wrote:
peppy wrote: -snip-
i always watch your original automatic kiln urn video every time i get to that stage and the materials to make it, it was your auto kiln that gave me a place to start
kjbrona

Post by kjbrona »

Looking good.

I almost have my version done (I will post it in my thread when done). Should be this weekend.
Spoiler
Show
My first version is specifically for urns but I am building it with the intention of being able to make another one to make planters, vases, and urns when needed.

Mine runs constantly so it doesn't need to be restarted after running out of clay blocks; you just dump clay blocks into the hopper on the main dispenser.

I have been testing compacting 3 clay blocks in a row after every 4 items are created(12 clay balls=3 blocks). I would rather have unused clay balls sitting in the compactor then losing some(this limits my exposure to the hatsies).
peppy

Post by peppy »

kjbrona wrote:Looking good.

I almost have my version done (I will post it in my thread when done). Should be this weekend.
Spoiler
Show
My first version is specifically for urns but I am building it with the intention of being able to make another one to make planters, vases, and urns when needed.

Mine runs constantly so it doesn't need to be restarted after running out of clay blocks; you just dump clay blocks into the hopper on the main dispenser.

I have been testing compacting 3 clay blocks in a row after every 4 items are created(12 clay balls=3 blocks). I would rather have unused clay balls sitting in the compactor then losing some(this limits my exposure to the hatsies).
while yours never shuts off, you have to take in consideration (if your sharing this idea) others computers, sure mine needs a "kick start" but when it runs out, its not as cpu intensive, and mine ONLY runs out of clay when there are three balls at the bottom, i am working on making it manually loaded (for one at a time) and auto load, with auto kiln and auto soul urn, all in one in theory

you have your clay shoot it into a tube, walk away to your mob grinder and farms, take care of everything, come back and all that clay (minus three clay balls) has been turned into soul urns and the machine shuts itself down (no need for waste of energy lol) energy efficiency yay lol.

and i dont have to worry about hats because mine doesnt use any water
Six

Post by Six »

So I was inspired to play around with the compacting mechanics finally, and while this still needs timing logic added in and some more refinement, I really like the concept I got going here:
Spoiler
Show
As it stands, it is a two button urn maker using pre-anvil tech. One button primes it with clay balls, the other adds a new clay ball, compacts a clay block and drops the urn into a collector. Once it is running, you just need to press the second button each time it get to an urn.

This particular shape only works for urns though, as the other unfired pottery is a full block tall and the balls sit too high. You could get around this with something like a double pulse on the left piston, but things start to get a bit messier. I also need to add the timer to actually make it automatic, as well as making it reactive and shut down when done, but I really liked the concept and had to share.
Six

Post by Six »

Aaand with a bit more tweaking, I've added on the timing system to make it automatic once you have Buddy Blocks and Block Dispensers:
Spoiler
Show
You can work out the wiring in behind yourself, but it just uses the BB to trigger a BD filled with mostly filler and one redstone torch. That is then fed to the block with the stone button, and an inverted delayed signal is sent to the bottom piston. It can get messed up if you accidentally pick up some of the clay balls while it's in operation, but you can press the wooden button to add more balls to get it going again (also used to prime it), and any stray balls just get collected in the hopper anyway.

It's still missing an auto-shutoff though, and I'm not quite sure how to approach that.
peppy

Post by peppy »

i love the idea that its not just me getting involved, ill post another world download when i get the first of two kilns started, having a hell of a time wiring in some of the redstone :-( but im roughly 45% of the way done, once i get the first kiln wired up, and the mill for coal, a mill for netherrack and the storage areas (which will be done by minecart) for the hellfire, soul forged steel, and white stone are all going to be near eachother for easy access

once im done with version 1 im gonna work on a more "user friendly" having the urn production,ground coal, hellfire production, soul forge steel production, endstone production all connected via minecarts for single use OR full auto use with just a flip of a switch (i know its going to be rather big but my mind makes things complex not as simple as above, for "compensation")