Unable to install BTW with the new launcher

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
derekiv

Unable to install BTW with the new launcher

Post by derekiv »

Having not played Minecraft for a number of months, I got the hankering to start playing again. I usually use BTW, so I downloaded minecraft and then attempted to install it.
After realizing that Mojang has created a new launcher "thing", I edited my profile so that I launch a 1.5.2 version. I went to the versions folder, open the 1.5.2.jar and put the BTW files in it. However, each time I run Minecraft, it resets the jar. What am I doing wrong?
Padfoote

Re: Unable to install BTW with the new launcher

Post by Padfoote »

Hope this helps: Link

Edit: Also, the old launcher is still available under the download page on minecraft.net, way at the bottom if you prefer installing the old way.
derekiv

Post by derekiv »

Thanks. It works now. I should have looked more thoroughly on the wiki.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

The old launcher is much easier since when you press "Force Update" it gives you a fresh version of 1.5.2 on which you can install BTW, so you don't have to worry about backing stuff up etc.
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

You can do that? I always thought the "force update" button updates to the latest version of mc... huh.. that changes a lot of things...
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Nah. The old launcher only goes to 1.5.2. It won't run anything past that, so there is no reason to download newer versions.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!