Better Wolves Spoiler thread

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
myrkana

Re: Better Wolves Spoiler thread

Post by myrkana »

FlowerChild wrote:Man...I feel for you, I really do. Without the bootsies and hatsies to soothe them, wolves will just mess you up right quick :\

:-p my wolves scare me lol after 4 deaths to a wolf who had taken over my sky house I pushed all the others off the sky house to their deaths >...> the only wolves I have left are on the ground and near water xD they get stuck in water just liek anything else o.o Havn't figured out the booties yet ):
Rawr :D
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

It seems that if a hungry wolf is attacking you, eating won't calm it, he will continue attacking you. Let's see where Hardcore Spawn puts me.
-J-

Post by -J- »

So yeah, I finally managed to pull myself away from farming and other tinkering and decided to harvest some spruce logs...in the middle of the night...
The howling is veeeeeeery eerie. After having my health drop down to three hearts and hearing five howls in a row I decided it was time to cover in a 2x2 hole and continue my "there's no place like home" -mantra. I'm actually terrified when I even think of The Wolf-Thing-From-Hell.
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Niyu wrote:It seems that if a hungry wolf is attacking you, eating won't calm it, he will continue attacking you. Let's see where Hardcore Spawn puts me.
Doh. That was actually an oversight on my part. Will fix.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

FlowerChild wrote:
Graphite wrote: All things nameless will end up named sooner or later and in this case "dire wolf" seems to stick. Anyhow, you gotta admit that "the nameless horror" doesn't roll off the tongue quite so easily as "dire wolf". :P
Well, the issue is that naming something takes something away from it to be sure, especially a name that has so many references in existing fiction.

In retrospect, I really regret not calling it "Phillip" or something similar in the code so that it would be clear that how it was being referenced wasn't actually its name ;)
considering that the most violent, destructive, tyrannical entity in MC is called Steve, Philip sounds like an excellent name for a slavering murder-beast ;P
someonetobe

Post by someonetobe »

Calcifire3691 wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:
Graphite wrote: All things nameless will end up named sooner or later and in this case "dire wolf" seems to stick. Anyhow, you gotta admit that "the nameless horror" doesn't roll off the tongue quite so easily as "dire wolf". :P
Well, the issue is that naming something takes something away from it to be sure, especially a name that has so many references in existing fiction.

In retrospect, I really regret not calling it "Phillip" or something similar in the code so that it would be clear that how it was being referenced wasn't actually its name ;)
considering that the most violent, destructive, tyrannical entity in MC is called Steve, Philip sounds like an excellent name for a slavering murder-beast ;P
As an actual Philip myself, I heartily agree.

/leans back on his throne of dead things
I seek fond moments, not fond memories.
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

Oh man. I want to try the new update so bad but I'm scared now. My main base is smack in the middle of a taiga biome :) Maybe I'll post my adventures here after I sack up and unleash the wolves.
VivaGabe!

Post by VivaGabe! »

Had not seen the beast till now....Was passing the rainy night by admiring Kezza's new BTW Derivation items when I hear a growling. I quickly change windows back to minecraft to see this frikkin creature face to face with me, growling and staring at me. Needless to say, I was devoured. I had been using dirt as a door so I'm not sure if I just forgot to put the dirt down or if the beast can plow through...regardless, this was probably the coolest death I've had in Minecraft in a long time.
Mud

Post by Mud »

Now that 4.83 is out and we've all had a week to explore Better Wolves; maybe we should share the recipe for the booties for those who haven't figured it out... uh... like we did...
fullsailor

Post by fullsailor »

Quick question, should I be hearing howling in the Nether?
turtlemuncher

Post by turtlemuncher »

i dont think you should. unless you brought a wolf in there with you at night. but even then there really isnt a set time thingy or the nether so no?
Six

Post by Six »

fullsailor wrote:Quick question, should I be hearing howling in the Nether?
I imagine it would be possible for a wolf to walk through your portal if it is out in the open. I'm not really sure what effects the Nether has on wolves...
Mud

Post by Mud »

So I've proven myself impotent as far as discovering the booties/headband recipes are concerned. I understand the general consensus that discovery is part of the fun of BTW, but I'd like to point out that the frustration of repeated failure to discover something like this hinders fun for a minority of players (myself included) more than the satisfaction of discovery enhances it. People who want to discover things on their own will always choose to do so, whether the information/spoilers are available to them or not, the aforementioned minority however are not given the same choice, and I feel therein lies an imbalance.

I'm not trying to preach, I'd just be really grateful if someone would share these recipes with me, either here or through PM.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Oh man, I really didn't think anyone would still be looking.

Here's the face-palming truth of the matter: there are no booties (or spoon).

You've been the victim of what is now a two-week long running gag, with the concept of me of all people adding costumes for wolves being so totally out there, that most recognized it for what it was, and even joined in the fun by creating false screenshots of their wolves in outfits.

So:

Haha...noob :)
Mud

Post by Mud »

The fake screencaps did me in.
Panda

Post by Panda »

couldent pass up a good troll~
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Panda wrote:couldent pass up a good troll~
Bah...that wasn't trolling...it was art :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:couldent pass up a good troll~
Bah...that wasn't trolling...it was art :)
Aww shit your right i did have to texture those in didnt i?
On a positive note well playing and walking through a forest i was chased by a pack of wolves, at that point i forgot i hadent untextures the booties off of them, it was interesting being chased by a pack of booty wolves.

Also has anyone experimented with Golden dung and Dire wolves?
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Panda wrote:Also has anyone experimented with Golden dung and Dire wolves?
Ooooo! This is a great idea! Please do everyone :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

Im either a genius or the poor sucker of another troll gag.....
Never say no to Panda.
Nikkentobi

Post by Nikkentobi »

FlowerChild wrote:Oh man, I really didn't think anyone would still be looking.

Here's the face-palming truth of the matter: there are no booties (or spoon).

You've been the victim of what is now a two-week long running gag, with the concept of me of all people adding costumes for wolves being so totally out there, that most recognized it for what it was, and even joined in the fun by creating false screenshots of their wolves in outfits.

So:

Haha...noob :)

Wow, dude... that's cold... my boy was hospitalized for the last 10 days, a case of pneumonia... and he actually spent a few hours each day in the hospital searching for the booties recipe.....
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

To be fair, the answer was in the first three posts in this thread...
Still, I felled for it for some time.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

I got suspicious when it was mainly Jecowa posting about them bar a few additions from others and FC, but man you really fell for the ear rings and head bands?

I guess its time to go poke zombified wolves with golden poo, why do I get the felling I'll be seeing the splash text "haha... noob!" soon.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Nikkentobi wrote:Wow, dude... that's cold... my boy was hospitalized for the last 10 days, a case of pneumonia... and he actually spent a few hours each day in the hospital searching for the booties recipe.....
You've heard it here first folks. Being a woolfaboo gives you pneumonia. Don't be a wolfaboo.
mogulus

Post by mogulus »

Ummm. If you weren't so utterly brilliant a designer and if I didn't know you from untold months of lurking and if I really shouldn't
have known better I'd be pissed. I figured it out after re reading the Changelog and seeing that it wasn't listed.

Fun was had in trying to figure it out though.

Now if only I could figure out how to keep my wolfies from going all Gary Busey on me...
Time slows down in a high gravitational field. This fact is the pinion of my plan to destroy us all...