[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
The Phoenixian

Re: [4.8][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Serv

Post by The Phoenixian »

Six wrote:Has anyone else been having problems with mobs / animals / villagers passing through walls or getting stuck in floors? I logged on the other day to find this in my villager housing:
Spoiler
Show
I know I've also seen a few instances of spiders getting through walls they shouldn't be able to and a skeleton walking right through a wooden fence.
I have in fact had similar problems with villagers. Apparently sometimes when something, say the player or another villager, pushes them up a half step, they just fall through instead (though for all I know it could be equally possible when walking up the step themselves).

That and a lot of problems with mobs in general, especially babies, who seem to fall through the world anytime their chunk is reloaded.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Six wrote:I know I've also seen a few instances of spiders getting through walls they shouldn't be able to and a skeleton walking right through a wooden fence.
I've experienced this in my SSP world its mainly Zombies just walking straight through fences or fence gates. I even double up the fence post (3 high 2 thick with a roof) and I still return to find a zombie chewing on the remains of my flock.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Haven't had issues with villagers, but since 1.5, my farm pits have had animals glitching through walls/floors/dying randomly and they can't exactly be contained well. I suppose its just more encouragement to get those suckers automated.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

It really just seems like its a plethora of vMC bugs which they should really focus on squashing rather than putting horses into the game...
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I went ahead and claimed an area near spawn east of cyclones base for construction of my 'spawn' base. And in case you're wondering, this is why I needed mass quantities of white and black stone. What is it? You'll see when its done! (NOTE: That could be a while from now)

If me using this area is an issue for anyone, I need to know before I take this too far...
Spoiler
Show
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Yeeaaaahhh.... you certainly gave me a huge "wut da crap" moment yesterday. XD Was sitting halfway up my lift shift clicking on the rope and I suddenly see an entwining mass of white and black pillars with some kind of runic symbol on the ground. I instantly went "wut da crap is that!?!" Although technically I didn't lay claim to that exact plot of land it was a surprise nonetheless to find a neighbor had built something like that so quickly/recently.

Also, is there any particular reason you chose to be so close to the road?
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

I'm not doing anything with that land, but I AM going to build a massive mob trap somewhere... Gotta figure that part out still. It will be the biggest single structure on the server when I'm done
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

CycloneSP wrote: Also, is there any particular reason you chose to be so close to the road?
I can downsize or relocate if I'm in your way. The area is 39x39.
I chose that location because it was near spawn, relatively flat, and easily accessible. I hadn't originally intended for it to be this big, but I got carried away.
The cobble runic symbols as you say, is a pattern I'm following to build the 3d helix structure above. The scoop shapes outside the arms extending from the circle that aren't enclosed will be open and landscaped at ground level rather than part of the building enclosure. I may extend a balcony of sorts over those areas further up however. And the entrance will be under where the black and white arms cross currently.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Oh, it's not a problem. Just more of the shock/surprise factor, that's all.

Also, gates, I would like to disagree with you on that point. I have plans for(in the distant future) expanding my skybase to make it one of the most epic structures yet. The sky's the limit, and prime real estate for that fact too! ;)

TheGatesofLogic

>:) you'll see cyclone, you'll ALL see...
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

SterlingRed's Spawn Base Shack Progress:
Spoiler
Show
TheGatesofLogic

Oh freaking hell. Are you fucking serious? You better not be building what I think you are building.
Last edited by TheGatesofLogic on Wed May 15, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Dude, that really is a bit much for so close to spawn (right behind my spawn shack no less). It's obviously going to overwhelm just about everything else in the area.

Can't you build such projects a little further out?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

FlowerChild wrote:Dude, that really is a bit much for so close to spawn (right behind my spawn shack no less). It's obviously going to overwhelm just about everything else in the area.

Can't you build such projects a little further out?
Fair enough. The build has vanished and the landscape has been restored to near original condition. It's missing a few tufts of grass.

Edit:
I'll play around with bigger concepts like that in my own desert. Probably better that way anyways as I enjoy figuring stuff out, but once i do figure out how to do something, then i loose interest in it and my builds usually get left unfinished as i move off to the next thing I perceive as a challenge.

Case in point, instead of putting my previous build somewhere else, I'm now attempting to build a black and white rose with siding and moulding. Attempt #1. I'm hoping it'll look better as I add petals on the edges and scale it up a bit.
Spoiler
Show
CycloneSP

Re: [4.81][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Ser

Post by CycloneSP »

wow, the is it just me, or has the server seemed kinda dead for a while?

Anyway, FC, as you know, I've got myself the makings of a small sky base above my current base. And I've been thinking about expanding it from 'sky base' to 'sky town' by offering those that wish to do so the privilege/permission/ability to add extensions to what I've already set up to make a cool sprawling network of skyroads and eventually create a 'sky town' near spawn where ppl can have a 'home away from home' kind of deal. I mainly wanted to bring this by you before I started offering it to the others due to the fact that it may grow to be rather large with time, and I was uncertain how you'd like having a large network of roads and buildings in the sky so near spawn.

CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Attention base owners. As I was expanding my mine today, I have come across this cleverly hidden anarchy base. If anyone wishes to reclaim it and it's contents, please post quickly. If no one has spoken for it within the next week, I shall claim looter's rights upon it.
Spoiler
Show
But yeah, does anyone know who this belongs to? I was actually rather impressed at how well the base was hidden.

EDIT: I lament to say, that whilest continuing to mine, I ran into a spawner... a skelly spawner at that.

I have now died twice at the hands of a pack of skellies due to the fact that client and server do not agree as to where the skellies are and thus I could not block them off for the blocks I placed just disappeared.

I also lament to say, but sterling, I respawned a stones throw away from your base on my second death. I appreciate the free mushrooms, but since I spawned at night... your uh... villagers have all been zombie-fied because of the most recent BTW update. Sorry man.
Last edited by CycloneSP on Wed May 22, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

CycloneSP wrote:Attention base owners. As I was expanding my mine today, I have come across this cleverly hidden anarchy base. If anyone wishes to reclaim it and it's contents, please post quickly. If no one has spoken for it within the next week, I shall claim looter's rights upon it.
Just leave it alone man. Whether it was built in anarchy or not, the server rules still apply.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

I'd hazard a guess at it being one of Battosay's many bases. Don't quote me on that though but back in anarchy I found a few of these types of way-station bases that he laid claim to.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

CycloneSP wrote:
I also lament to say, but sterling, I respawned a stones throw away from your base on my second death. I appreciate the free mushrooms, but since I spawned at night... your uh... villagers have all been zombie-fied because of the most recent BTW update. Sorry man.
Are you fucking serious? What would possibly possess you to run into a house full of villagers while you're being chased by zombies? Seriously uncool man. Weeks of resources were dumped into those guys. I had to move them over 1000 blocks in the overworld and then along a 1500 block long nether minecart rail line. Not to mention the diamonds I invested to breed them all, and the enormous amounts of trade resources I dumped into them to get them to the point of offering scrolls. Resources are replaceable. But my time is not.

Edit: It is my fault for using a wooden gate for the door. But replacing it was one of the first things I planned on doing when I got back on. And the area is rather significantly lit so a zombie getting to that location by wandering about is highly unlikely.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

I'm really sorry about what happened, but I assure you, I was in no means chased by a zombie. Nor did I take refuge from it in your villager house. I was exploring your base when I heard a weird banging noise. At first I thought it was a zombie hitting a metal door, when I came closer I saw a zombie outside dying in the sunlight and all of your villagers being eaten. I honestly don't know how it happened. I feel really bad about it since me being nearby allowed the zombie to spawn, but other than that, I didn't do anything that would have encouraged it to find the villagers. :(

SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

CycloneSP wrote:I'm really sorry about what happened, but I assure you, I was in no means chased by a zombie. Nor did I take refuge from it in your villager house. I was exploring your base when I heard a weird banging noise. At first I thought it was a zombie hitting a metal door, when I came closer I saw a zombie outside dying in the sunlight and all of your villagers being eaten. I honestly don't know how it happened. I feel really bad about it since me being nearby allowed the zombie to spawn, but other than that, I didn't do anything that would have encouraged it to find the villagers. :(
Alright. Sorry for pointing fingers there. Sounds like I only have myself to blame here for leaving the design that way and assuming it would wait for me to fix it. Oversight on my part with my ssp mentality.

Rebuilding villagers and unlocking trades isn't too bad. The problem is getting villagers to my base again.

Well anyway, what do you think of the base?
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Dude, it looks totally friggin awesome!. I wish I was as creative/awesome when it came to base design. You really know how to go all out when it comes to your machines. I also like your use of sandstone pillars. My only complaint is that because you're building this for your personally use, you don't really connect the separate builds together with well defined roads. So trying to get around was a little confusing. (almost died by falling off some stairs that led to nowhere)

SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

CycloneSP wrote:Dude, it looks totally friggin awesome!. I wish I was as creative/awesome when it came to base design. You really know how to go all out when it comes to your machines. I also like your use of sandstone pillars. My only complaint is that because you're building this for your personally use, you don't really connect the separate builds together with well defined roads. So trying to get around was a little confusing. (almost died by falling off some stairs that led to nowhere)
The stairs actually used to all connect until I took the rest of the mountain out. Where my roads connect is definitely something I haven't decided yet, which has resulted in a disjointed mess in the meantime. When I get back on I'll mess with the roads. May be a while though since I just started over in ssp to play with all the new changes from scratch.
Six

Post by Six »

SterlingRed wrote: Rebuilding villagers and unlocking trades isn't too bad. The problem is getting villagers to my base again.
You could take a squad from Pumpkintown, though my villager numbers have been dwindling a little lately with some lag falling into the ground and suffocating :(

That's another vanilla bug which makes caring for individual villagers seem like a lost cause.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Hey sterling, judging from you massive builds, you must have done a ton of mining for redstone and such. Could you (or anyone really) share with me your secrets for getting stockpiles of redstone and other deep earth ores? Cuz tbh, I really dislike staring at a wall of stone for hours as I mine for redstone and lapis. Please! what is your secret to amassing such huge stores of goods?

(I lost my last haul of 8 diamonds 2 stacks of redstone and various other stuffs to a skeleton spawer. It despawned before I could get back to it. Really made me not want to continue playing for the rest of the day)