[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
CycloneSP

Re: [4.67][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Ser

Post by CycloneSP »

Nah man, it's no big deal. You don't owe me anything. As for your chicken design. try something like this:

[][][][][][][][][][][]
<<<<<<<<<<<<<[w]
[][][][][][][D][][][][]

where the arrows are water flow, and the D is a dispenser. have the water flow into a chamber with a 1 block high opening to allow the adults to escape. the baby chicks will cluster around the escape as part of their AI path finding. thereby avoiding the whole mess of them drowning. This is the principle I used when I made my chicken grinder back in my ssp world. (boy do I love hearing those chickens getting ground up by the saw) So yeah, give that a try and see if it helps.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

will the 'Melon Troll' please fess up right now, your desecration of the great land of pumpkins has not gone unnoticed. If someone does not confess then there WILL be retribution
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:will the 'Melon Troll' please fess up right now, your desecration of the great land of pumpkins has not gone unnoticed. If someone does not confess then there WILL be retribution
Can you give me an idea of between when and when this occurred?
TheGatesofLogic

Re: [4.68][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Ser

i'm only joking man someone just placed a few melons in PT that is all

EDIt; ok that was stupid of me i should have mentioned that this was only a joke, i'm sorry that startled you flowerchild, totally didnt think that post through before i posted it
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

TheGatesofLogic wrote: EDIt; ok that was stupid of me i should have mentioned that this was only a joke, i'm sorry that startled you flowerchild, totally didnt think that post through before i posted it
Errr...yeah, I just spent the last ten minutes going through the server logs looking for a griefer. Clarity would have been nice.
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

It's nice to see the official server so readily policed. Let that be a warning to people. :)
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

So, I recently logged back on to find myself spawned in the middle of nowhere. I assume my son got on one morning, logged me in, and let me die. Whatever. So I start my trek back home, get a nice amount of cooked steak, and start boating around to look for landmarks, or civilization. I found a cobblestone house on an extreme hills island with an efficient nether portal outside. I soon found that someone had been blown up very obviously by a bombardment of creepers, or maybe a wither. Dunno. Goodies were lying all over the ground. So, if anyone knows whose shack this is, my question is if they would like me to leave their stuff here, or try and bring it all back with me? There was a compass on the ground as well, so I'm pretty sure I can make it to spawn.
TheGatesofLogic

Oh, sorry to the owner of the shack Tom found. Creeper hit me hard and knocked a lot of the base down before I starved to death :/
tyr116

Post by tyr116 »

Been ghosting the forums, applied for the Lifewater's server and played for a while, so thought I'd throw out a request to join the server. Same as forum name. Also, I'd like to say, I suck, because I failed the test.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

tyr116 wrote:Been ghosting the forums, applied for the Lifewater's server and played for a while, so thought I'd throw out a request to join the server. Same as forum name. Also, I'd like to say, I suck, because I failed the test.
Did you read the OP? Then you could have answered your own question instead of wasting our time.
tom_savage

Re: [4.69][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Ser

Post by tom_savage »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:Oh, sorry to the owner of the shack Tom found. Creeper hit me hard and knocked a lot of the base down before I starved to death :/
Gates, are you saying you're responsible for blowing up the base? Because it seems like this base was setup as someone with the intent of starting a new place considering the amount of goodies in the chest, with no visible mineshaft.
TheGatesofLogic

tom_savage wrote:
TheGatesofLogic wrote:Oh, sorry to the owner of the shack Tom found. Creeper hit me hard and knocked a lot of the base down before I starved to death :/
Gates, are you saying you're responsible for blowing up the base? Because it seems like this base was setup as someone with the intent of starting a new place considering the amount of goodies in the chest, with no visible mineshaft.
What happened was this: I died. Then I hardcore spawned about half a klick from that shack. I noticed the goodies but didn't take anything, I was just looking for shelter. When morning hit I took down the dirt that I placed to keep the mobs out and lo and behold there was a creeper RIGHT FUCKIN THERE! Kaboom! By the time I healed enough to jump my hunger wouldn't let me so I starved to death in the pit.
Six

Post by Six »

tom_savage wrote:
This sounds like one of the islands out in the North East sea, and it also sounds like that shack is still exactly like I found it about a month or two ago (minus the creeper hole).
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Hello my fellow fuzzy bunnies! I am going to build an outpost near spawn and figured I should ask before staking a claim.

My first preference is part of the area to the east and slightly north of cyclones base.
Second spot would be the area that's generated without dirt with exposed stone, I can't remember which direction it is relative to spawn.
My third choice would be in the swamp to the south west of spawn, likely as a man built island.

I haven't worked out the exact layout I want yet but I'm thinking 25x50 should cover it generously.
Is anyone planning something for those areas or have concerns over expanding their own bases into those regions? I'm flexible here.
Six

Post by Six »

SterlingRed wrote:Hello my fellow fuzzy bunnies! I am going to build an outpost near spawn and figured I should ask before staking a claim.

My first preference is part of the area to the east and slightly north of cyclones base.
Second spot would be the area that's generated without dirt with exposed stone, I can't remember which direction it is relative to spawn.
My third choice would be in the swamp to the south west of spawn, likely as a man built island.

I haven't worked out the exact layout I want yet but I'm thinking 25x50 should cover it generously.
Is anyone planning something for those areas or have concerns over expanding their own bases into those regions? I'm flexible here.
I would also be interested in having a nether portal very near spawn and hooking it into the Nether road.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Six wrote: I would also be interested in having a nether portal very near spawn and hooking it into the Nether road.
There is one down the dirt path toward tom and daharas base. I've thought about putting one essentially on top of spawn, but I didn't want to mess with fixing all the portals in the area that could break. Plus battos house is right there and idk what he's planning. What do you all think? Do we need one closer to spawn than the one down the road a bit?
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Hello. So I've been away for erm quite some time but I've returned (yeah yeah batten down the hatches and all that) to try and relinquish some urges and some free time from my being. I fancy diving into SMP play straight off and I know once upon a time I was white-listed to this server when it was an anarchy server. So I was just asking before I try to connect and cause bother if my name still remains on the white-list?

(side-note: I've re-read the original post, I do understand that the server is now a friendly co-op and I have read/accepted the rules.)

Thanks in advance.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Pucc wrote:So I was just asking before I try to connect and cause bother if my name still remains on the white-list?
Wouldn't it take you less time to try to connect than writing out this message, with the added benefit of no one else having to be involved?
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

The aim was politeness and a brief hello.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Pucc wrote:The aim was politeness and a brief hello.
Ello :)

Yeah, you should still be whitelisted man. The list carried over from the old anarchy server as is, so join away!
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Aye, and if you ever manage to wander nearby original spawn, my base has a handout box at the front with free eggs for those that need food.

Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Hehe thanks man, I heard a story about you Cyclone and a little problem with a wither? :)

I'm sure you don't need to hear it from me but awesome job on the mod FC. In the short time I was on I've been dragging my feet through the tundra whilst being attacked by web shooting spiders, escaping across a river only to discover I now sink like a brick. Things just got hard and I like it. I'm considering donating the contents of my base so I can start from scratch (its all SFS level tech).

My old anarchy base is situated north of the spawn in and ocean biome, apparently someone has built a nether portal out in the middle of the ocean almost on top of my base. Anyway I'm looking to settle above ground now perhaps a little more southern closer to the rest of you, I tend to like intersection of biomes (mountains, desert, taiga and jungle in particular) for setting up a home anyone know of any good spots?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Pucc I know a place with the intersection of the first three of those. If you take the road south, split off where the sign is to my base, and continue following the road, you'll see it almost all the way to my base. Unfortunately, this is a fair hike from spawn.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

But but but! All that work I put into the 2 covered bridges, 1 covered walkway(I for the life of me can't find the official name for such a construct) and 1 epic portal pantheon! T_T What more do you want? Are the walk ways not safe enough? Pretty enough? is it problematic that the nether side portal area isn't all fancy? Why do we need another portal near spawn?

/rant

Nah, but honestly, I find the portal northwest of spawn to be sufficient enough for me when I need nether based goods. Tom and Ross have put a great deal of work into the nether side of things and it makes it really convenient.

SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

It has occurred to me we could use some sort of trading system while players are offline. Perhaps a public building near spawn with inboxes for each player and msg boards for what each player needs and what players are offering. Of course everything would work on the honor system. Last night in game we discovered several of us had an interest in commodities the others had in excess but we were all to busy or distracted to meet up.
A central location to deposit stuff could be pretty handy.