Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
PatriotBob

Re: Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

Post by PatriotBob »

FlowerChild wrote:Ok...wait. I didn't even realize 1.5.1 was out until earlier today (shows how much I care at this point), but reading over the change-log, I almost blew beer out of my nose at the following:
-More FPS, bringing levels back to what they were in 1.4
Fuck me. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Well I suppose that would depend on the type of beer. Spilling a good beer is no laughing matter.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I just saw Doc's video on the 2.0 update. Torches going out, not cool.

EDIT:
April fools I'm guessing, my bad
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Going along with the April fools: (From GennyB's Vid) Supposed 2.0 Release

-Furnaces explode with too much fuel
-Animals get fatter the more you feed them (feed em too much and they explode)
-Chickens follow you around if you beat them
-Horses, big and small (Rideable like a pig)
-Stained glass(any dye you have you can make that colour of glass)
-Some sort of coal block

Now this is Most likley an April fools day release, but be warned.. this is Mojang we are dealing with.

EDIT: From sethblings video:
-Able to craft command blocks
-Torches do go out
-Pink wither?(lotsa lovey dovey hearts all around!)
-If redstone is used lots, it creates a redstone bug, looks like a silverfish (but red)
-TNT halfslabs (Called "Etho Slabs)When activated an Anvil falls on the person that activated it! xD
-If you whack a chicken it will attempt to peck you (and it spawns new chickens to aid in the attack)
-Super hostile mode?
-And of course, Herobrine was once again removed

From Veches video:
-Super hostile mode:
-It activates about once a min
-When activated it spawns a bunch of super buffed mobs (armored up, enchanted sword weilding everything)
-You can tell its activated by the lightining that strikes you and the thunder storm that surrounds you
-Everything lights on fire
-When in peaceful mode you get the blindness buff (random as the seed will let it be)

And as always, Happy April Fools day! ^_^/
Last edited by magikeh on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

magikeh wrote:Now this is Most likley an April fools day release, but be warned.. this is Mojang we are dealing with.
Proof that this is an April Fools:
Added new Super Hostile game mode, for a much more challenging Survival experience.
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
0player

Post by 0player »

Shengji wrote:
magikeh wrote:Now this is Most likley an April fools day release, but be warned.. this is Mojang we are dealing with.
Proof that this is an April Fools:
Added new Super Hostile game mode, for a much more challenging Survival experience.
You mean that they seriously should've add a mode which spawns Blazes and Charged Creepers every minute?
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

0player wrote: You mean that they seriously should've add a mode which spawns Blazes and Charged Creepers every minute?
Where did mojang say that?
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

Shengji wrote:Proof that this is an April Fools:
I finished reading all the patch notes and thought...I wonder which of these they actually are putting in the next version...and which are straight jokes. With how crazy Mojang has been, I'm suddenly very scared. Where some are obvious trolls and ridiculous, some are very possible, and seem like the kind of thing Mojang would do.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Meh, nothing posted in the gaming world on April Fools is real news.
Xeo

Post by Xeo »

I really can't tell whether this "Minecraft 2.0" thing is intended to make fun of people saying the game is way too easy or Mojang's own nonsensical development. I feel like the super hostile is intended as a "fine we made it hard how do you feel now?" kinda spoof but some of the other stuff like the like the magic and luck system seem to parody their own development.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

And from Anders video there were changes to the dungeons and the desert temples... seems that the dungeon ones may stay.. DAMN YOu APRIL FOOLS!! Part of video about the changes.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
devak

Post by devak »

Some of the real juicy stuff from 2.0:
Difficulty setting is now per-world and may never be changed once set.
This would actually be an improvement.
Known bug: Having both a Pink Wither and a Wither in your world at the same time may cause up to a 200% increase in framerate. Will be fixed for launch.
Increase in FPS NEVER happens with updates...
Added six (6) new decoration blocks:
Mud.
Hay bales.
Lapis Lazuli.
Slime blocks.
Added new compressed storage blocks for commonly mined ores:
Coal Block.
Lapis Lazuli Block.
Redstone Block Block.
*shivers* completely within the realm of possibility.
Added new Quantum Entangled redstone, obtained by mixing 1 redstone, 1 diamond and 3 lapis.
One entangled redstone dust will connect to another pair elsewhere.
No current way of specifying the connection, may in fact connect to another player’s world.
Added new BUD blocks.
A bud block would be nice (from a vanilla perspective) but the Quantum redstone... *shudders* *visions of Wireless Redstone mod*
Rare chance for extra items to drop when fishing, such as armor and maps.
A case of "this really might happen" especially given how Mojang handles community pressure.
Added floating sky islands.
God yes this would be awesome actually!

So yea, 2.0 contains some stuff that is completely within Mojang's expected behavior.
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

devak wrote: So yea, 2.0 contains some stuff that is completely within Mojang's expected behavior.
I can't say whether or not any of this is stuff they are seriously considering but from what's in there I'm guessing that, regardless of whatever they plan to do next on their part, the primary reason for all of this poking fun at mods, big name community members, frequent suggestions, and the community in general.

I can certainly imagine that "More Biomes!" and "Skylands" and "Bud blocks!" are pretty damn frequent suggestions for example, and I know there's at least one compressed blocks mod they're poking at with "Redstone Block Block".
Meanwhile we just had a big talk about torches going out ourselves and the Droppers to floppers seems like it could be a poke at the BTW community (And probably others as I doubt we're the only ones talking about how things are overpowered in VMC.) while Mud, and exploding animals seem like a poke at BTW itself (Packed earth and chickens in the nether specifically, though there could always be other mods that do this too).
Shengji wrote:
0player wrote: You mean that they seriously should've add a mode which spawns Blazes and Charged Creepers every minute?
Where did mojang say that?
Vechs did a let's play of the faux update with "super hardcore mode" on. Given that Vechs makes the "Super hardcore" series of maps, and does talk to the developers personally, this seems like much more a friendly poke at him than anything.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

Battlecat wrote:Meh, nothing posted in the gaming world on April Fools is real news.
You missed my point entirely. Where most gaming companies throw out ridiculous April Fools jokes, some of them actually use stuff they ARE going to implement. Take League of Legends for instance: I believe in 2011 their April Fool's joke was a champion spotlight featuring Lee Sin, the Blind Monk, which had been in the works. However ridiculous the joke was, in the end, Lee Sin became a real champion. He may not do anything they boasted of in their farce, but the models and ideas they used in the joke, were still used. It's possible that several of these proposed patch notes are in the likeness of things they actually have planned to release soon.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I just saw something disturbing. Remember how we were saying that the creeper, riding the pig, riding the gimp thing would at least not impact survival play?

Well, I just saw a tweet mentioning riding a pig in a minecart. I can only assume that trapping a spider jockey in a minecart would result in something similar.

Just mentioned it for the face palm value. Can't wait to see the bugs that causes and how much time Mojang wastes fixing them in the future for the sake of an entirely frivolous feature.

First bug report I get for BTW related to that nonsense, I'm definitely going to squeeze something small and fluffy way too hard.

EDIT: And this probably applies to boats too...fucking night of the living junior programmers man.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

To clarify the above statement: I think one of the big differences experience makes is that a junior programmer will end up implementing all kinds of "cool" stuff just because they can, while a senior programmer will know that doing such things always comes at a cost down the road and also know better than to do it in the first place.

In this case, it may have been as easy as changing a line of code to get them to link to each other in a daisy chain like that, but how do you resolve collisions and such on a pile of crap like that? You wind up with fringe cases up the ass.
CrafterOfMines57

Post by CrafterOfMines57 »

I... *sigh* https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/319937646673674241, they better not screw this up (even though I think it's only going in because thousands of people screamed "WE WANT HORSES!")
BlueRavenGT

Post by BlueRavenGT »

@jeb_ wrote:Minecraft (PC) has hit 10M! As promised, a subtle hint on the main 1.6 feature (thanks @ebbakier): http://imgur.com/qAuCLex :D
@jeb_ wrote:Also big thanks to @DrZhark, the creator of Mo' Creatures, that have assisted us to make it happen!
It looks like they're more or less implementing Mo' Creatures. :(
Last edited by BlueRavenGT on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Jens Bergensten Jens BergenstenVerified account ‏@jeb_

Minecraft (PC) has hit 10M! As promised, a subtle hint on the main 1.6 feature (thanks @ebbakier): http://imgur.com/qAuCLex :D
oh jesus christ

of all the shitty ideas from minecraft 2.0 they chose THAT one to make real? we've already got working pigs thanks >_<

on the plus side they're apparently getting DrZhark to help them, so maybe it won't be completely stupid
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Idk what you guys see in that picture but all I see is a machine that turns wheat into glue.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

SterlingRed wrote:Idk what you guys see in that picture but all I see is a machine that turns wheat into glue.
actually, that was my first thought "oh sweet, another source of leather, glue and beef" and then I remembered that MC sadly isn't BTW and hasn't got either glue or dark humor :<
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Help us Obi wan Kenobi FlowerChild! You're our only hope! :(

Horses would make pigs obsolete... Thank you Jeb :P for shitting on the game I once looked upon as glorious...
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

Gunnerman21 wrote:Horses would make pigs obsolete...
Of all the other things Mojang could do, having them recreate Mo'Creatures, wouldn't be a bad thing. It will keep them busy, and we can ignore any new mobs. They might even spend some time fixing the entity lagging into the floor bug. And we are sure to get some new sounds. :-D

Granted I agree they will get the game balance wrong. Riding pigs has always been a gag feature to me anyway. But how to balance compared to minecarts, that's a good question.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Gunnerman21 wrote:Help us Obi wan Kenobi FlowerChild! You're our only hope! :(

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if the voices of millions of self entitled brats suddenly cried out with pleas of 'moar power' and were suddenly silenced.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Gears

Post by Gears »

I shot Jens a message, although I doubt he'll read it, basically saying "Minecraft has been around for 4 years. If horses fit into the game, we would have seen them a long time ago. Besides, you just wasted god knows how long making pigs a useful method of transportation. Why nullify that work with an easier option for the player?"

This son of a Shepard will not stand to see Wilfred get replaced by some poorly conceived doohickey.
FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
Sage

Post by Sage »

Well, from Jeb instagram: http://imgur.com/40zIsFn. Now pig can be considered almost "useless". At least, previously they provided a way of mid-game transport in an original manner, but it seems that they will be outclassed by the horses in this. Kinda sad.
FlowerChild wrote:
Serjo44 wrote:today i was banned on ip for reason: <dances>
what i have do wrong?
Whatever it is...you just did it again.