Better Than Wolves: Now with destructible cover!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Six

Better Than Wolves: Now with destructible cover!

Post by Six »

So I just encountered something through play that was likely not intended when implimenting the feature, but it was kind of amazing.

I was working on getting a wall set up around this village I'm setting about making safe (functional walls, so awesome). The internals were not all lit up yet and I heard a skeleton walking around nearby, so I turn around and see it walk out at me from the door in this picture:
Dramatic reenactment of the scene
Show
I had planted all the pumpkins here to have a steady supply of some kind of food for Hardcore Hunger and at the time only the nearest one was grown. Not being much for charging skeletons, I did the logical thing and jumped behind the pumpkin for cover. Then suddenly TWANG, POMP! The pumpkin exploded into seeds and my perfect spot of cover was gone. It took me a moment to process that the arrow the skeleton had shot hit the pumpkin and popped it.

That's right people, Hardcore Melons also gave us destructible cover.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Better Than Wolves: Now with destructible cover!

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, the destructible cover aspect may have not been specifically anticipated, but the impact of arrows on melons certainly was ;)
Six

Post by Six »

FlowerChild wrote:Well, the destructible cover aspect may have not been specifically anticipated, but the impact of arrows on melons certainly was ;)
Yup, but I only ever thought of it for setting up target ranges. Never thought I see it naturally occur in the game.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Six wrote: Yup, but I only ever thought of it for setting up target ranges. Never thought I see it naturally occur in the game.
Me neither. Didn't mean to diminish your story BTW. It was very cool :)
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

Emergent gameplay anybody? I think this is a rather fine example of it.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

>.>
<.<

Am I the only one that's thinking about using this to create pseudo-siege warfare PvP maps?

1-Make a pumpkin/melon castle
2-pretend that bows are actually trebuchets
3-start shooting at the melons and watch the castle start to fall down around the defenders
hardcore melon rules make it more difficult to rebuild defenses and actually might let the attackers overrun the defenses at some point, thus giving a rewarding and challenging(if artificial) PvP experience :D
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Come to think of it, I think it may be time for me to build a melon-castle cannon test range :)
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

FlowerChild wrote:Come to think of it, I think it may be time for me to build a melon-castle cannon test range :)
Bonus points if it reconstructs itself!
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?