Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

Post by FlowerChild »

Don't knock it. I've actually been a fan of the idea of vermin attacking crops for a long time now. At one point there was a bug in Mo'Creatures that caused rats to destroy wheat, and it became a big topic of conversation here.

I think the above conversation is much more likely to end with:

Teeneboppers: "But it's too hard!"
Mojang: "Ok, we'll nerf it into irrelevance."
CreeperCannibal

Post by CreeperCannibal »

It's sad to see that they would give into the beg-before-do that easily. As soon as I saw the little "discussion" about mice I immediately thought the risk imposed to our crops would make gameplay (Even though said discussion is false) far more interesting. Right now the only real threat is creepers and me accidentally jumping on my crops. Once the seeds are in, I'm good to go. I'm still wondering what the hell will be added in 1.6 though. It interest me but at the same time also scares me with the current direction Minecraft has been taken.
"Kneel says the demon light
With its eye of coal
Sauron knows your license plate
And stares into your soul"
STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf »

Saw this off of Reddit, and given that the MoJam is about to finish up (3 games from Mojang, 1 from Wolfire, 4 from others): Jeb_ says 1.5 in early March, 1.6 will have a new launcher.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comme ... se_for_15/

EDIT: Confirmed by Jeb_ in a tweet just posted: https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/305478352272232449
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Crop destruction gave me a real headache when the slime spawning updated- those things just wipe out whole fields.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
Simurgh

Post by Simurgh »

http://www.mojang.com/2013/02/minecraft ... ot-13w09a/
Mobs can now ride stuff that rides other stuff
I dont know. I just dont know.
Tsugumi Henduluin

Post by Tsugumi Henduluin »

I believe this was a feature once (jokingly) requested by Vechs, of Super Hostile fame. Wouldn't be the first thing Dinnerbone implemented because Vechs asked it of him.
It's also probably, though I could be wrong about this, a creative thing only, for mapmakers and whatnot. I seriously doubt you'll find these things walking around in the wild.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Simurgh wrote:http://www.mojang.com/2013/02/minecraft ... ot-13w09a/
Mobs can now ride stuff that rides other stuff
I dont know. I just dont know.
Well, while this is the first time it looks like it will be officially supported, this isn't the first time this was possible. I remember back a while ago (must've been back in beta) using the Single Player Commands mod to make stacks of mobs. You could make any mob ride any other mob, and have more mobs on top riding them. A ten-high stack of zombies sitting on a chicken was pretty comical.

But like you said, I don't know. I can't think of any situations where this would actually be useful or even make sense.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Boss Mob "Skelletower" maybe?
Players riding stuff will keep it when logging off (ie, if you’re on a minecart and log off, you will take that minecart with you)
I think that´s nice, but not that much needed.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Simurgh

Post by Simurgh »

Minecraft 1.5 the Vechs update

In all seriousness, it isnt a "redstone" update really but a brings a whole bunch of tools for map makers.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

For better or worse, looks like they're releasing this thing next week. Prerelease has been announced for this coming Thursday.

...and just when I seem to be getting close to fixing all the damage done with 1.4 :)
sjakedude

Post by sjakedude »

Please keep the new vanilla hoppers because they will surely not replace your awesome hoppers flowerchild:)
Same thing with the comparators, keep them and their functionality because i think that they are really cool and i am looking forward to putting them into play in my lets play BTW world. (youtube.com/sjakedude)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

sjakedude wrote:Please keep the new vanilla hoppers because they will surely not replace your awesome hoppers flowerchild:)
Same thing with the comparators, keep them and their functionality because i think that they are really cool and i am looking forward to putting them into play in my lets play BTW world. (youtube.com/sjakedude)
Wow. I almost made it through the day without a ban. Rule #1 ftw.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

God damn, that sucks some major ass.

Sorry that you have to deal with the shenanigans of "I want to be a designer when I grow up" and "More exploits than features" thing 1 and thing 2, better known as dinnerbone and jeb.

Take forever and a day updating for all I care, what you want to do is what I want to see done :)

(sorry for the off topicish)
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BlackCat wrote:God damn, that sucks some major ass.
Eh. It's ok man, I've been expecting this one for awhile. Plus, I've been considering delaying my deadline to wrap up BTW anyways, as there's still a lot of stuff I have hanging, and this pretty much cements it for me.

I'll begin sharpening my axe in preparation for 1.5 ;)
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Yeah I suppose so, I just don't like the idea of having you being taken away from more fun work and put into some sort of bullshit labor camp of mojang removal.

But as long as you're not letting it get to you, I won't either.

On the other hand...Comparators no longer cause constant updates. FUCK YEAH! This is really great to see, no more dispenser turret with just one block anymore! :)

But yeah seriously FC I wish you the best man, and may your axe be sharp ;)
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
CreeperCannibal

Post by CreeperCannibal »

Stacking mobs was achievable with Single player Commands. I see absolutely no use in these features. Notch needs to seriously put the leashes back on those responsable for screwing up the game. Might I also suggest some sound proofed walls as to prevent more "We want we want we want" From the map makers and such? Seriously man, ever since this "redstone" update business has started all I've seen is shit knock off after shit knock off of a mod or use of an exploit for an aspect of the game that shouldn't even be officially supported. FC should you need a sharper axe I'll provide the grinding wheel.
"Kneel says the demon light
With its eye of coal
Sauron knows your license plate
And stares into your soul"
ion

Post by ion »

after all this news they could call it "map makers" update as there aren't any item worth of redstone update and for me redstone in 1.5 is half finished. lot's of old bugs left and new ones in
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

dear god. Here are some peoples responses to the snapshot
Invisible bat ridden by a witch
Spider jockey riding on the Wither ridding on enderdragon Muhahaha
umm its NOT a pig on a pig on a pig its a pig on a spider with a zombie on top du and just to let you know o havent read any thing on this page but this so dont blame me i havent see =n any thing els pon this page LOl
lol pigspider...Now only if you could place blocks on mobs....
god dear god just please make it stop
coolio678

Post by coolio678 »

on the other side of things, there's now a "minimum" and "maximum" option for smooth lighting.
0 days without accident
Grass_Block

Post by Grass_Block »

I hope the Mojang team knows that everything they added for maps was already possible to do with existing features.
ThePuzzleMasher

Post by ThePuzzleMasher »

coolio678 wrote:on the other side of things, there's now a "minimum" and "maximum" option for smooth lighting.
At least there's one feature that is reasonable to the everyday player. That feature helped my frame-rate a lot when optifine was compatible with BTW
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:-Added ability for Vases to blow up if they are broken while containing Blasting Oil.
Gunnerman21 wrote:This will also make Link from the Zelda series cower in fear
Which I bet all those pottery making families will love
devak

Post by devak »

FlowerChild wrote:
BlackCat wrote:God damn, that sucks some major ass.
Eh. It's ok man, I've been expecting this one for awhile. Plus, I've been considering delaying my deadline to wrap up BTW anyways, as there's still a lot of stuff I have hanging, and this pretty much cements it for me.

I'll begin sharpening my axe in preparation for 1.5 ;)
Again? i thought you had a room like the one in the Matrix.
FlowerChild wrote: We need axes. Lots and lots of axes.
Spoiler
Show
Disclaimer:

Above Flowerchild quote is fake.
Jay42
Location: Walking behind you; Sleeping besides you; Talking around you.

Post by Jay42 »

http://mojang.com/2013/03/minecraft-snapshot-13w10a/

More snapshots. Whoo.

But I guess bugfixing is a task that needs to be done...
Stormweaver wrote:BTW: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places.
Backups. Backups! BACKUPS!!
CrafterOfMines57

Post by CrafterOfMines57 »

Snapshot wrote:Slowness 127 and Speed 110 together flip view
Crap! I was using this for an upcoming mod! I don't really see any reason to "fix" it, considering this update is practically just for map makers, why limit the effects a potion-related trap can give?
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

So i was reading on the interwebz and came across this jewel. This is the blog posting from Dinenrbone, when he got hired.
I'll be mostly responsible for designing/implementing both the client and server modding API for Minecraft
Source; Dinnerbone.com - post titled "I'm a Mojangster!" (Link)

my response: Irooonyyyyy