Hemp Texture Error?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Sporeman

Hemp Texture Error?

Post by Sporeman »

I just downloaded Optifine 1.7.3_HD_G, and all the hemp in my world became a grayish, black and white color.

Anybody experienced this problem before, and how do I fix it?
gftweek

Re: Hemp Texture Error?

Post by gftweek »

Optifine is not compatible with MinecraftForge yet, specifically with the new texture system that BTW uses (although there may be other issues).

From the Optifine TODO spoiler:
This is a list of the things which probably might get fixed some day or not at all:
(there is no special order or priority)
- Compatibility with MinecraftForge
The only solution for now till Optifine is fixed is to not use it.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

I came here looking for another potential hemp texture problem.
I just noticed that the hemp in my world is the exact same textures as wheat up until the harvestable stages of the plant. Now, this is as it used to be, but since FC added the new btwterrain01.png there's been unique textures for all the plant "stages" but they don't seem to be used. Is this as it should be or have I screwed something up?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Tekei wrote:I came here looking for another potential hemp texture problem.
I just noticed that the hemp in my world is the exact same textures as wheat up until the harvestable stages of the plant. Now, this is as it used to be, but since FC added the new btwterrain01.png there's been unique textures for all the plant "stages" but they don't seem to be used. Is this as it should be or have I screwed something up?
sounds like an installation error of some sort, you know do all the good stuff, clean jar, reinstall, modloader, forge, BTW, check to see if its fixed
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
Tekei wrote:I came here looking for another potential hemp texture problem.
sounds like an installation error of some sort, you know do all the good stuff, clean jar, reinstall, modloader, forge, BTW, check to see if its fixed
Yep, I did just that before posting (with the latest BTW 2.94 this time)and I still have the problem.This is actually really strange. I just noticed that it isn't the only the hemp but in fact the entire BTW texture file with a few exceptions.

- Gearboxes have their vanilla look, but not the sides, they are the wood from my custom texture pack (terrain.png NOT btwterrain01.png).
- Pistons use the piston front from terrain.png instead of the one specified in btwterrain01.png.
- Hoppers have their wooden sides. Same problem as with Gearboxes.
- Companion cubes have the white wool sides from terrain.png, not btwterrain01.png.
- Bellows use the chest top from terrain.png.
- Detector blocks use the sides from the furnace instead of the one from btwterrain.png.
- Saw has the same problem as Gearboxes and Hoppers.

I might have missed a few things but in general it seems that BTW has started using the old system for textures instead of the new btwterrain.png. Any ideas on why this is happening?
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

If you are not using Optifine (as stated, not compatible), then it sounds like you are using an older version of MinecraftForge, you need to be on version 1.0.6.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Thanks for trying but that is not it.
BTW is the only mod I use beside the HD Patcher so here are the mods, version and the order I used.

Fresh minecraft.jar
1. ModLoader Beta 1.7.3
2. MinecraftForge Client 1.0.6
3. BTWMod 2.94
4. Patched with mcpatcher-2.1.0_02

While typing this I had a look inside my minecraft.jar and realized that the btwmodtex folder doesn't contain a btwterrain01.png anymore. Is it the same for you guys?
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Ah right, no it looks like you are just plain missing the textures then, I think there are 8 or 9 png files that should be in the btwmodtex folder (terrain, items, plate armour x 2, and four or five for the gui blocks (millstone, etc)), you'll just have to replace them from the downloaded BTW zip.

Your install looks good other than that, I used a similar approach but used MCPatcher to install the mods (set it to be after the others though so HD textures still work).

Edit: You can probably just add the files to your btwmodtex folder in minecraft.jar if that's easier than reinstalling.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Ok, so I tried manually removing all the contents of the btwmodtex folder in minecraft.jar and adding what was in the same folder in the latest BTW .zip but I just got a blackscreen from doing so. I then proceded to install everything again on a fresh minecraft.jar (This time using your method of installing all the mods through the MCPatcher) and it worked!
I'm not sure what the hell I managed to screw up all the earlier attempts but at least I got it working.

Thanks a lot for all the quick answers!
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

I GOT IT WORKING!

Ok, so after I reinstalled a fifth time I got it working. it seems that somehow I didn't clean out all the mods when I did a "force update" for a fresh .jar. This time I deleted the entire bin catalogue and worked from there. Everything is as it should now (at least I think so). Call me a noob if you want to ;)

Thanks for all the help!

Old Post:
Spoiler
Show
Ok, it's me again :P
So I've tried this thrice now and there seems to be a conflict between ModLoader and MinecraftForge that either gives me the "Saving Chunks" crash or bugs my BTW textures.

If I install the mods manually in the order I stated in an earlier post my BTW textures will be all screwed up (But at least they look alright if I use the vanilla texture pack)
If I install the mods through MCPatcher I get the correct textures for everything but I get the "Saving Chunks" crash if I use a vanilla pickaxe on a block.

Would anyone help me test this to see if I'm correct? In that case I'll take the rest of the discussion over at the ML/MCF threads.

EDIT: The error message I get when using the MCPatcher to install mods is as following:

Conflicts detected between the selected mods:

- yv.class from minecraftforge-client-1.0.6 conflicts with ModLoader
- cv.class from minecraftforge-client-1.0.6 conflicts with ModLoader

Continue patching anyway?