Map seeds?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Zeranamu

Map seeds?

Post by Zeranamu »

I did a quick search and didn't see anything, so I figured I'd make a topic. Anybody have any epic seeds? I'm not talking about the ones commonly available via a Google search. I found this one just a little while ago (trying to get a decent small island, but it of course needs at least one tree, and some animals)..
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Yeah.. not much there, but I guess not too bad for a survival island. Even some grass, so if you're lucky, can get some seeds.

Oh, and the seed was 'FlowerChild'. XD

EDIT: A bit of a ways away (about 2 minutes or so of swimming), I came across another small island.. with a tree. Just one, but that is enough. The animals can wait, I can begin! Muahaha.
Azdoine

Re: Map seeds?

Post by Azdoine »

Heh... sorry man, but that seed is already discovered and confirmed by others.
There are mutiple threads devoted to this :P. Sorry.
The Lord of Brick

Post by The Lord of Brick »

How interesting that the seed "FlowerChild" creates a survival island...
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who gonna save your lives and those of six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
Zeranamu

Post by Zeranamu »

Azdoine wrote:Heh... sorry man, but that seed is already discovered and confirmed by others.
There are mutiple threads devoted to this :P. Sorry.
Not sure what you are apologizing for?

As I said, I did a search for 'seed', and couldn't really find anything (probably because most other topics are talking about hemp seeds, and the like). I thought it was amusing. But the real question remains - any other good map seeds? I've tried and tested most of the ones that pop up off a normal Google search, both off the MC forums and other places, but I remain nonplussed.
Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

you want a goo survival island challenge huh?

make a new world, call it FML or whatever you want.
use the seed: Artomix
use large biome
be prepared to swim about 5km before seeing a tree (or anything you can really call land)

the whole map (as far as ive traversed) is a large ocean biome. and it seems to have a multitude of slime chunks, abandoned mineshafts and even a few underwater ravines. (alternatively you can use it on normal generation for a nice sized tropical island surrounded on all sides by a 5 minute boat ride to mainland)
how to take a no like a sir
Spoiler
Show
a forum user after being told they couldnt do something wrote:Alright, that's all I wanted to know, thank you very much.

I think that this closes the issue. Thread can be locked.
Shinxy

Post by Shinxy »

We survival island right now? Good. I have the perfect one.

Seed: Batman
Type: Standard Generation

The absolute perfect survival island. Few pieces of grasses, two trees to get you on your way, a moderately sized landmass to call home, and plenty of goodies and caves under you.
As for advancing in the tech tree (animals), honestly, good luck. It seems the outlying features are always different for me, and in different directions. So, hope you like boats!
Spoiler
Show
Front view:
Spoiler
Show
Back view:
Spoiler
Show
Oh lookie, a series of ravines that just might go down to bedrock :D
I'll try and dig up an old seed I remember that had the most amazing landmass and cave system imaginable. It's been a while though, so don't get your hopes up on it.
:V
Zeranamu

Post by Zeranamu »

Yeah, I'm definitely on a survival-ish island kick right now, but I'm also looking for some epic landmarks and whatnot, so it doesn't necessarily have to be an island.

Ancilangeli, that seed is pretty damn cool. I like both setups, on large biome and normal. I'm going to try out both, but I think I'll leave the large-island that comes from normal for a bit later, since it seems like it will be 'easier'. Though, it IS just crying out for a tree house. And that is fun to do in and of itself XD

Shinxy, that Batman seed is awesome, haha. There is definitely some neat little cave systems there, and some pretty impressive waterfalls from cave gen, which I thought was cool. I'll have to tinker around with it a bit more, for sure.

Thanks for these, guys!