The BTW Village Project

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Dutchy

Re: The BTW Village Project

Post by Dutchy »

Aha yeah, upon seeing this thread I decided to start my own BTW Village, I already had a world that I had a nice start on so I'm just gonna build on that really, it's on the seed Heaven which has lots of smallish islands with water in between them. Hopefully when I'm done it should have a nice feel, kinda of like a fishing port or something? Still struggling to find any wolves though. :l

Looking forward to see more progress on this. :)
If I had a signature, it would look like this.
CapnRedbeard

Re: The BTW Village Project

Post by CapnRedbeard »

Hey all, been a busy week so haven't had a lot of time to work on this, but here's an update on my tree farm -

Got it all roofed and working. Set up a sawmill that works, but I'm not entirely happy with it. I'm going to tear it down and re-do it all because at the moment it doesn't produce wood planks, just panels, moulding, corners & gears.

Also I will get around to posting pics of the insides at some point, maybe even do a little video tour if there's enough interest!

Anyway, on to the pics!

Similar to the last one, looking west:
Spoiler
Show
Here's one looking east, you can see my sawmill setup.
Spoiler
Show
And here's one of the whole town looking towards the tree farm!
Spoiler
Show
Oh yes! - I also built a automatic cobble generator in front of my foundry since I ran out of cobble building my tree farm roof. The fancy stairs up to my portal probably didn't help either.

Some info on the sawmill - it uses an archimedes screw to lift planks up to the water trough, which dispenses straight into a hopper/block dispenser. The block dispenser feeds the saw on it's own timer, while the sorting/recycling water trough (using pistons to direct flow) are on the same timer as the item lift. The item lift is a simple pulley system.