Arrow fired into top of downward facing block detector bug

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Mason11987

Arrow fired into top of downward facing block detector bug

Post by Mason11987 »

It sort of creates a pulser:

The redstone cycles continuously. You can't pick up the arrow either, you have to break the dispenser or nearby redstone.

Regular and broadhead arrows do this, both fired from composite bow, although I doubt the bow matters.

Edit - Try firing 100+ arrows into this, my client started stuttering, and it had the most terrifying noise.
Mason11987

Re: Arrow fired into top of downward facing block detector b

Post by Mason11987 »

There is also some issue with this setup, where the detector turns on a gear box connected to a windmill. Sometimes the windmill will break off. It's probably not a bug, but I can't seem to reproduce it myself

Edit - Nevermind, I was trying to make an elevator that goes up when you shoot an arrow upwards, but apparantly sometimes I missed, and I hit the windmill, breaking it. :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Tested and confirmed. arrows stuck in a downwards facing DB seem to constantly detach themselves and fall back onto it, while the DB sends out a redstone pulse. It does seem to stop when redstone connected to the DB is removed though, so...I haven't a clue.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Ah, the redstone being powered by the detector block, may be updating the arrow to think it can fall (just as if you had removed a block it was stuck into), then it re-hits the DB restarting the process.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

gftweek wrote:Ah, the redstone being powered by the detector block, may be updating the arrow to think it can fall (just as if you had removed a block it was stuck into), then it re-hits the DB restarting the process.
I thought that, but I can't see how the arrow would be affecting the logic block in front of the DB from above it, causing it to trigger in the first place. Unless it's some awkwardness from the vMC arrow code.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Guys, theorizing on what might be causing the bug is not particularly helpful to me. If you don't have any new info on the effect of a bug or how to reproduce it, I'd ask you to refrain from posting to these threads since this is one area of the forum where I make a habit of reading every single post.

I think I'm fairly responsive about tracking down and eliminating bugs, so I'd really prefer if I not have to avoid this subforum as well (like I have to do with the suggestion one) to not be overwhelmed by the amount of traffic involved.

So yeah, unless you have new information about a bug, I would please ask to keep conversation in the bug report forum to an absolute minimum. You can rest assured that I will eliminate this bug soon as I have access to the mod's code again upon return from my vacation.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stickying as this is still an active bug I want to be reminded of.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fixed for next release and locked.