Blocks won't break after saving and loading

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
poupoule

Blocks won't break after saving and loading

Post by poupoule »

Hi,
It happened to me a few times already, when I'll save and quit then get back into the game, it feels like the game is broken, I can't destroy any block or there will have some incredible rollbacks. Even the mobs are not moving. It feels like my save file is just broken.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Blocks won't break after saving and loading

Post by FlowerChild »

Moved to tech support as it's exceedingly unlikely this is a mod bug.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

This sounds like a save file corruption issue rather than an issue with the mod itself.

So, let's troubleshoot.
1. Do you have this problem with vanilla worlds?
2. Have you installed any other mods in the same profile as btw? Remember btw is a total conversion and you're most likely going to get game breaking conflicts with other mods except for the add-ons found on these forums.
3. Have you tried creating a new btw world to see if the issue persists? If the issue is across multiple worlds, then you're best bet is to do a clean install of minecraft entirely and readd the mod.
poupoule

Post by poupoule »

Hi,
I have no add-on except craft guide. I play vanilla in 1.16 with no problem.
This problem appears very randomly and forces me to create backups.
Is there a solution to recover a corrupted save ?
poupoule

Post by poupoule »

In this situation, also the sun keep going back to its original position, like the time is being locked
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I can't help you with this issue, but I'll just say that after experiencing several world corruptions over time for different reasons, now I never run a game without some sort of backup system in place, usually saving every 15 minutes. The save lag is annoying, but it beats losing a world. The truth is, corruptions will happen no matter what mod/modpack you use, or vanilla.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.