Harcore packing & Piston shovel feedback

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
Hiracho

Harcore packing & Piston shovel feedback

Post by Hiracho »

With the post on cobblestone not being able to pack I'd like to address other unpackable items that feel should be packable. Instead of making seperate topics on this, it might be nice to gather them in one thread. I feel packing and the piston shovel are related close enough to stick them together in a thread.

unpackables:
- Loose stones: Mentioned by EpicAron.

- Ender pearls: Other mobdrops that have block versions can, So It was pretty surprising Ender pearls can't. manually packing them for beacons was quite a chore with the 16 per stack limit.

unshovelables:
- Flint: One of the earliest packable obtained that when harvested breaks into loose flint again. this feels kinda off since it makes packing them useless untill you have a block dispenser.

- Ender pearls: Same as packing. Inconsistent and surprising considering the other mob drops.

- Pumpkins and Melons: Right now automating these is hardly doable unless using a somewhat exploity spider web trick. Must say that it feels sort of like a suggestion here, but the feedback part is that I really love the shovel concept and wish it could be used more or/and have similar block mechanics added :)
Mason11987

Re: Harcore packing & Piston shovel feedback

Post by Mason11987 »

Hiracho wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:33 am - Pumpkins and Melons: Right now automating these is hardly doable unless using a somewhat exploity spider web trick. Must say that it feels sort of like a suggestion here, but the feedback part is that I really love the shovel concept and wish it could be used more or/and have similar block mechanics added :)
You can automate pumpkins and melons with Detector/Buddy/Block Dispensers