Weird chunk error

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
erikdk321

Weird chunk error

Post by erikdk321 »

I've been playing on this world for half a year without problems. Then suddenly (in what I presume to be freshly loaded terrain after dying), I come across a long chain of chunks where all the trees are cut off. Is this something that I can fix? Will it continue on forever? Does it mean my world is corrupted?

Screenshots below:
https://imgur.com/a/5pTewyL
magikeh

Re: Weird chunk error

Post by magikeh »

Looks like the terrain was generated but the decoration pass didn't happen..

If you're willing to do some experiments, open up the world in McEdit and look for ores, caves and other structures underground. I'd also assume that there are no plants what so ever in the affected chunks? can you run along the chunks and see if there are any above ground lava pockets (and I think ponds) that have been abruptly cut off?

This may bring insight into at what point of generation the chunks failed.

My current working theory is that you generated up to one chunk away from both sides (Essentially creating a ravine of non-generated chunks), then unloaded them again, then ran over to them, loading them up. Some far back memories are telling me that before chunks get generated they have a half-assed state of completion and for whatever reason, these ones didn't get the kick to finish their stuff.

Oh right, and does this landing strip continue throughout the world forever? How many chunks are affected? Is it a straight line?

Edit: For more reading, search for the status tag in this wiki page. You may be able to edit the chunk's NBT to get it to regen with NBT Explorer.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
erikdk321

Re: Weird chunk error

Post by erikdk321 »

Thanks for the tips. I will see what I can do, but since I just died to a random creeper, it might take a while :^)