New Release! (BTW 4.B0000002) - NO SPOILERS

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW 4.B0000002) - NO SPOILERS

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.B0000002 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Changed the way dirt loosens its neighbors when dug with crappy tools to make for more interesting behavior, and so that dirt slabs loosen in the same manner as full blocks.

-Changed child animals to not grow into adults unless they have the space around them to do so. This fixes a bug where children would sometimes suffocate upon growing into adults, and puts another juicy nail in the coffin of quantum animal farms.

-Changed (rebalanced) desert and jungle temple loot to be more interesting, and less uber.

-Changed village blacksmiths to generate with water in their trough, rather than lava, as it is more thematically appropriate and a slightly less advantageous find given how powerful lava can be in the early game.

-Changed the way chunk generation works slightly, so that changes made to structures (temples, village buildings and strongholds) will no longer affect stuff like the distribution of ores within a chunk or other random "decorative" aspects. However, this necessitates that such things will be affected one last time for this one release. This will not affect biome distribution or the contour of terrain, or anything major that would cause seams in your world, but will affect minor aspects like where a particular veins of ore or trees may appear within a chunk. This was done so that changes can be more easily made to things like loot lists and structure details without having to worry about affecting too many other aspects of chunk generation.

-Changed cows to experience less knockback than other animals as befits their stature.

-Changed Mushrooms to be crushed by falling blocks.

-Fixed a problem where sheep were still breeding with Cookies rather than with Pumpkin Pie.

-Fixed a problem where cows wouldn't bestow their hoofsies while grazing.

-Fixed a problem where pistons would occasionally extend two arms when first placed by the player.

-Fixed a problem with the weeds texture not being reinitialized when a new texture pack is selected. This will hopefully fix rendering issues with weeds that players were experiencing.

Toroidal Poultry.

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

emptychild

Re: New Release! (BTW 4.B0000002) - NO SPOILERS

Post by emptychild »

Thanks for the update and all you do. I finally graduate this week so hopefully I'll have time to play again a little.
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

emptychild wrote:I finally graduate this week
Congratulations! :)
Whuppee

Post by Whuppee »

Oh! Thank you Flower! <3
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

Excited to catch a cow tonight !
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Thanks FC for all these years of free, high quality entertainment !
Eight (nine ?) years later and you're still at it, you rock !
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thank you guys! I do not always know how to respond to them, but these thank you messages mean a great deal to me.
karnak sam

Post by karnak sam »

FlowerChild wrote:Thank you guys! I do not always know how to respond to them, but these thank you messages mean a great deal to me.

Compliment: You have ruined all other games for me. Forever.
I check every single day, sometimes multiple times, for updates. For YEARS now. And when there is one, i know i'll either be excited or have to change my shorts...possibly both.

Comment: Thanks for plugging the texture issue with weeds and the Pumpkin pie / cookie bug.
Renegrade

Post by Renegrade »

Thanks for the update, man! I have yet to participate in Vegehenna due to starting a new job (my last version installed is 4.AFFFFFFFd), so I'm looking forward to trying it out!
karnak sam wrote: Compliment: You have ruined all other games for me. Forever.
I have to echo this sentiment. It goes (at least) double for Minecraft - vanilla seems so .. directionless and trivial in comparison to BTW.
Psion

Post by Psion »

likewise. i dunno if i'd ever have the cojones to develop a video game/mod/total conversion like you do, but if i did, i know for sure i'd be using every lesson i learned from you about what makes sense vs coding wankery, getting the biggest bang for your buck on developing time, and making everything tie into each other.

every time i encounter bad UI design, repetitive/pointless gameplay, or bugridden programs in life, whether it be from video games or something like the UI of a cash register or credit card reader, i feel myself asking "who was the idiot who designed this and can we have FC do this instead?"

it's maddeningly common enough for me to feel tempted to learn to program and design games, if only so i can beat down some of the insane decisions that go into such commonly used programs. heck, as a cashier i get no less than 2 dozen people a day saying "every one is different", in the exact same words, from customers who get confused by using a credit card machine. not to mention the amount of times i go insane trying to use the touchscreen of my cash register and having it randomly highlight part of the screen... for no reason. there's no way to cut and paste highlighted text, there's no REASON we would need to use that when it's all buttons, and then you spend like 20 seconds mashing the screen trying to get it to unselect and go back to letting you press buttons again.

maybe you should become like... some programmer guru who teaches people to code properly.
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

Well shit...I used to be pretty good at this. But take a extended period away from it and wow. I really don't know how to play BTW anymore. But it is always appreciated the amount of effort and time you put into BTW FC.

<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

destineternel wrote:Well shit...I used to be pretty good at this. But take a extended period away from it and wow. I really don't know how to play BTW anymore. But it is always appreciated the amount of effort and time you put into BTW FC.
Lol! Yeah, it's gotten just a tad bit more difficult in the early game :)

Glad to see you're still playing Destin!
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

FlowerChild wrote: Toroidal Poultry.
Uh, what? ;)
Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

been gone from MC for a looong time... good to see this is still a developing part of the universe. missed ya FC.
how to take a no like a sir
Spoiler
Show
a forum user after being told they couldnt do something wrote:Alright, that's all I wanted to know, thank you very much.

I think that this closes the issue. Thread can be locked.