New Release! (BTW 4.AFFFFFFF) - NO SPOILERS

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW 4.AFFFFFFF) - NO SPOILERS

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.AFFFFFFF of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

WARNING: Your animals are about to die. Some will definitely die. They may all die. You will reach skyward with freakishly long arms and beg mercy from an uncaring and unresponsive cubic universe. If you do get a response, it will likely sound a lot like laughter. If this freaks you the heck out, please consider backing up your savegame before installing this release. Otherwise, there's nothing to worry about.

-Added Animageddon. Accept no pork based substitutes.

-Changed the glass block recipe to require 8 blocks of sand and 1 Nether Quartz in a Crucible to produce 4 blocks of glass. This was done to better balance it relative to other building options.

-Changed the math involved in determining when pathfinding has arrived at a destination slightly to provide more accurate outcomes.

-Fixed a problem where a crash could occur when pumpkins and melons grew on top of their own stem.

Fffffffffff...

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

Niyu

Re: New Release! (BTW 4.AFFFFFFF) - NO SPOILERS

Post by Niyu »

Well, sundely fear has filled my mind.

Thanks for the release.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

FlowerChild wrote:If you do get a response, it will likely sound a lot like laughter.
It makes it a lot easier when you recognize the laughter as your own and given the state Steve is in, I'm sure he won't mind the lightheartedness of your stance. ;)
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Panda

Post by Panda »

Haven't installed it yet but I have a feeling lots of animals crammed into small spaces is going to end bad but I guess I will find out....

Also really like the glass changes that incentivizes quartz usage as it was something that I very infrequently used or went out of my way to get
Never say no to Panda.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

A real disclaimer rather than "nothing to worry about?" fffffff... indeed!

I've never felt the need to continue on the previous version to 'prepare' for an update before but I might do so on this one. I'm currently many thousands of blocks away from my animals which are all located in loaded spawn chunks. I should probably at least get back before installing the update. Playing an out of date version feels like cheating though.

Looking forward to animageddon! Thanks for continuing to make this mod more difficult while convincing me it's fun at the same time!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote: I should probably at least get back before installing the update. Playing an out of date version feels like cheating though.
Nah, that's entirely appropriate man, and giving people the opportunity to do stuff like that was exactly why I included the warning.

I very much like surprising people with new features, so you know that when I warn you about something, I really mean it :)
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

falling in love ! Huge tanks
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ko_teknik wrote:falling in love ! Huge tanks
Thanks for streaming it man! Was great watching you discover some of the new stuff :)
Whuppee

Post by Whuppee »

Thank you! <3
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just updated the download link in the OP to a small 'b' patch release with the following change:

-Removed certain animals not being able to jump under certain circumstances as it just came across as being buggy. I'll likely add this back in later once I have a chance to adapt pathing to it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

'c' version, OP, download link, yada yada yada:

-Fixed a problem with pathfinding that was still causing some animals and mobs to rarely get stuck in corners. I believe this fix also noticeably improves the quality of pathing overall.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Everytime you makes these kind of dramatic early game changes I feel like I have to restart. I guess that's for the best since my last world is hosed after my nighttime death spiral. To the Animageddon!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

'd' version in the vicinity of the OP download link:

-Added the ability for wolves to seek out tasty food items that are laying on the ground.

-Changed (tweaked) some of the features involved in the Cluckaclysm to refine them further.

-Fixed an issue that was slowing milk and wool production more than intended.

-Fixed a lighting glitch when torches were removed near Brick Ovens.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Finally found time to get into this for a few hours. I knew it was a big change but I didn't realize how much it changes how I play and invest my time in the game pre soulforge. Amazing!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote:Finally found time to get into this for a few hours. I knew it was a big change but I didn't realize how much it changes how I play and invest my time in the game pre soulforge. Amazing!
Thanks for saying that man! I get the impression that people are still a bit shellshocked with regards to all the animal changes so I haven't been hearing all that much about it :)
Peter_364

Post by Peter_364 »

Nice work!