How do you use Iron Golems in Better than Wolves?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Panda

How do you use Iron Golems in Better than Wolves?

Post by Panda »

Serious question because Creating Iron golems is one of the first things i do after getting a mob trap.
I use them for:

-Protecting animals in pens
-Fighting the Wither underground (seriously i send them in one at a time)
-Keeping me company at my base because im lonely and they gimme flowers <3

Some issues i have to work around with having them are:

-Them walking into Water and sitting at the bottom of a lake
-Walking into a cave or ravine never to be seen again
-Literally just walking away from your base like your dad going out to get some cigarettes

Im just curious to know how people use them to enrich BTW and how they deal with their shortcomings.

Side note what the heck do you even use snow golems for?!?!
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: How do you use Iron Golems in Better than Wolves?

Post by FlowerChild »

Panda wrote: -Literally just walking away from your base like your dad going out to get some cigarettes
Thanks for the belly laugh :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

No problem! hey since i see you read over this post do you use iron golems and what are your thoughts on them since their only big BTW change is how they are crafted?
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Panda wrote:No problem! hey since i see you read over this post do you use iron golems and what are your thoughts on them since their only big BTW change is how they are crafted?
I don't use them at all really. Can't even remember the last time I created one in survival.

At this point I largely just consider them a legacy vanilla feature. Maybe at some point I'll do something with them, but for the time being I just tend to perform a minimum of maintenance and creative testing on them to ensure I don't break their existing functionality, to avoid messing with any existing builds that may include them.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Don't worry, you can make a 'pen' for them very easily. They can't jump very high and they cant fit through small openings.

I'm pretty sure you can use potions on them too, so you can heal them and give them other buffs.

As for what to use them for, I don't really know. I used to use them a lot for killing the wither. You build a small room deep underground and make 4 or so iron golems in it, then you create a wither, and watch them kill it. I don't know if it still works. I would always heal them after killing a wither, so I could reuse them.

Another great use that I discovered on accident, is using them to kill endermen. if you get 3 or so of them in a pen, you can get lots of ender pearls at night just by standing in the pen and staring at endermen....however, The End is a far better source of pearls.
Panda

Post by Panda »

holy macaroni i didnt know you can heal them!!! this will save so much iron!

Also endermen watch out I got my big metal Boo to defend me!
Never say no to Panda.
LannyRipple

Post by LannyRipple »

Panda wrote:Side note what the heck do you even use snow golems for?!?!
I haven't tried it recently but after watching Charlie and Vioki use snow blocks, for a while I would create a snow golem and use a diamond shovel to gather snow and then use that as an easy building material to create mob farms.