The Trio: BTW + BC + IC^2

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Miner7747

Re: The Trio: BTW + BC + IC^2

Post by Miner7747 »

Gilberreke wrote:
MagusUnion wrote:.. it was a response to that...
Ah, ok then.

One thing I'd love to see Notch tackle is a solution to the block ID's though. It's currently very unwieldy to install multiple mods, even if it's perfectly possible.

I should look into it. I have an idea for an MCE like mod that does it automatically, but more stable and not as resource hungry.
Having some better id management would be nice,for now we only have ID resolver which is incompatible with forge and wont work 70% of the time.
Btw,the best way to help with gIving more ids,(assuming your mod idea would do that)
Consider just applying the ability to fiit 512 blocks in 1 id like Eloraam is using to minecraft forge directly,(it is an open source project,just pm spacetoad your work when done) Eloraam is currently coding it in herself,only on her mods,and she has to do a ton of work each time to get it working,but if it was coded directly in minecraft forge,it would take signifigantly less work to add new blocks using that method.this could basically allow unlimited mod developpment. :)

EDIT: 2 pages of non n00b/spam/troll discussion!these forums are great!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Miner7747 wrote:Having some better id management would be nice,for now we only have ID resolver which is incompatible with forge and wont work 70% of the time.
Btw,the best way to help with gIving more ids,(assuming your mod idea would do that)
Consider just applying the ability to fiit 512 blocks in 1 id like Eloraam is using to minecraft forge directly,(it is an open source project,just pm spacetoad your work when done) Eloraam is currently coding it in herself,only on her mods,and she has to do a ton of work each time to get it working,but if it was coded directly in minecraft forge,it would take signifigantly less work to add new blocks using that method.this could basically allow unlimited mod developpment. :)
It doesn't work like that I'm afraid. I won't discuss this further though, I don't make a habit of discussing my code with people.

And I'm already in touch with the Forge team, I even have committed code to it, no need to tell me how it works ;)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

Gilberreke wrote:
Miner7747 wrote:Having some better id management would be nice,for now we only have ID resolver which is incompatible with forge and wont work 70% of the time.
It doesn't work like that I'm afraid. I won't discuss this further though, I don't make a habit of discussing my code with people.

And I'm already in touch with the Forge team, I even have committed code to it, no need to tell me how it works ;)
Btw,since your working with forge,is it possible to add hooks to the tall grass class?
I have seen alot of people complain about it being overwritten by another of their mods.

Sry,im a n00b at coding,just started reading a java book about an hour ago.
That's fine,i wouldnt discuss my code either.yeah,that sucks,still though,if eloraam can do it,with enough time,other modders can as well.( you'd need a converter though,it wouldnt work with previous versions,but converters arent a huge pain as far as i know)
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

Messed up paragraph placement on that post,sry.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Miner7747 wrote:Btw,since your working with forge,is it possible to add hooks to the tall grass class?
I have seen alot of people complain about it being overwritten by another of their mods.
You're better off asking FC for this.
Miner7747 wrote:Sry,im a n00b at coding,just started reading a java book about an hour ago.
That's fine,i wouldnt discuss my code either.yeah,that sucks,still though,if eloraam can do it,with enough time,other modders can as well.( you'd need a converter though,it wouldnt work with previous versions,but converters arent a huge pain as far as i know)
Eloraam's code for that feature is already available through her core API, there's no need for a Forge version. This is NOT a fix for any block ID conflicts though, it's just a trick that's just a little more versatile for very specific block implementations.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

MagusUnion wrote:No..
Haidaes wrote:It's still a pain in the ass :P
I hope the "mod support" turns out to be more than just unobfuscated code, I so hope it will :/.
.. it was a response to that...
Well you know, after 10 Hours a day of C++/C# and figuring out why the fuck my signals get lost somewhere in the process, the last thing I'm interested in is messing around with Java in my spare time :P. Back when I studied electrical engineering it wasn't part of my job discription that 90% of time would be spend coding stuff, because some moron wants a touch panel with a start button instead of a simple switch, ah what ever thats what you get for not studying buisness crap ^^.
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

Gilberreke wrote:
Miner7747 wrote:Btw,since your working with forge,is it possible to add hooks to the tall grass class?
You're better off asking FC for this.
Miner7747 wrote:Sry,im a n00b at coding,just started reading a java book about an hour ago.
Eloraam's code for that feature is already available through her core API, there's no need for a Forge version. This is NOT a fix for any block ID conflicts though, it's just a trick that's just a little more versatile for very specific block implementations.
alright,was not aware of that.anyways,little bit Off topic, back on topic.

gargamel also has a forest biome close,for wolves! plus a close desert,for oil!
kravyn

Post by kravyn »

all the talk about the compatibility and I have yet to see anyone post the actual BTWconfig with it working with all 3 I would like to see redpower working with those 3 as well.

I am still learning on which IDs are used for each sometimes I wish each mod developer would display the ID's they use
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

I got it working with all 4 jsut follow the IDs they gave up there and it should work...
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

Deepsniper wrote:I got it working with all 4 jsut follow the IDs they gave up there and it should work...
yup,only better than wolves IDs and entities need to be changed,the rest can be left alone,including other mods configs.

btw,gonna try adding somnia tonight. hope it works! :)
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

It does and so does airships and shelves and armor stands and ect ect... im stull building a list of mods that work together (im looking at trying to get over 20)
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

http://beta.mcmodcenter.net/index.php?/ ... 46-idlist/

Nice mod that gives you a master list of slots currently in use... very basic, but effective...
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

MagusUnion wrote:http://beta.mcmodcenter.net/index.php?/ ... 46-idlist/

Nice mod that gives you a master list of slots currently in use... very basic, but effective...
Yup,it's great,but use it for each mod individualy,as it's incompatible with redpower array. Very useful for finding IC2 ids.
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

Deepsniper wrote:It does and so does airships and shelves and armor stands and ect ect... im stull building a list of mods that work together (im looking at trying to get over 20)
Wow,great,all these mods add more possibilities to the core mods,plus enhance the game in their own way.

You beat me to somnia,now to try to get vehicles mod in first.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

been there done that too with a bit of configuring :P didnt like it too much though planes kinda ruins the game and so does vehicles...
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Deepsniper wrote:been there done that too with a bit of configuring :P didnt like it too much though planes kinda ruins the game and so does vehicles...
Wait, you managed to fix planes in your mod?

*quickly downloads like a mad man...* ...meh

Oh, and video coming soon of my work with the Trio... (taking longer to format than to record, lol)...
Last edited by MagusUnion on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

MagusUnion wrote:
Deepsniper wrote:been there done that too with a bit of configuring :P didnt like it too much though planes kinda ruins the game and so does vehicles...
Wait, you managed to fix planes in your mod?

*quickly downloads like a mad man...*

Oh, and video coming soon of my work with the Trio... (taking longer to format than to record, lol)...
yeah,that would be epic.but i'd only really use the cars.

btw,looking forward to the video,i might make a youtube account just to sub :)

EDIT: you managed to edit your post during the time it took to write mine. wow. :P
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

lol, sorry... I got excited very quickly at the idea of putting in planes with IC and other things... but when it said I had to install before forge to ensure compatibility, I was kinda like "do I feel like breaking my .jar today?"...

It's little issues like that I don't feel like messing with... partly why I'm such a fan of the MCForge system now... lol
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

MagusUnion wrote:lol, sorry... I got excited very quickly at the idea of putting in planes with IC and other things... but when it said I had to install before forge to ensure compatibility, I was kinda like "do I feel like breaking my .jar today?"...

It's little issues like that I don't feel like messing with... partly why I'm such a fan of the MCForge system now... lol
yeah,im very happy that MCforge reduces all tinkering but block id tinkering.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Spoiler
Show
It's mostly a descriptive video explaining forge, IC^2, and a few other things... Mostly a promotional video for MCForge than anything else.. lol...

(Can I get a Mod to embed the link? idk how to on this forum)...
Last edited by Urian on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedded link as per request
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

MagusUnion wrote:
Spoiler
Show
It's mostly a descriptive video explaining forge, IC^2, and a few other things... Mostly a promotional video for MCForge than anything else.. lol...

(Can I get a Mod to embed the link? idk how to on this forum)...
yeah,pm spacetoad about that,he should be happy your generating some PR.
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

btw magus,will you be posting your next vid soon?
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

mangus you beat me to it...
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Miner7747 wrote:
I did.. but I say a couple of things in the intro he didn't like, so hopefully I won't have to re-film the beginning to much...
Deepsniper wrote:mangus you beat me to it...
???
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

MagusUnion wrote:
Miner7747 wrote:
I did.. but I say a couple of things in the intro he didn't like, so hopefully I won't have to re-film the beginning to much...
Deepsniper wrote:mangus you beat me to it...
???
i'm guessing it was saying that MCforge permits you to get rid of block id problems...
there is a way to use 1 ID per 512 blocks,but it's impossible to embed into MCforge,it must be embeded individualy.