Question about kiln

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Ferrus.Manus

Question about kiln

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Does the amount of hibachis under the kiln increase its speed (in the vein of cauldron and crucible)?
Levy

Re: Question about kiln

Post by Levy »

I believe so, I saw a video where someone did it with 9 and it seemed faster than mine, which is currently just one. I don't think the speed would really matter though unless you were making an insane amount of pottery.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

To make it short : Yes ;)
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

And pottery ain't quick, so I'd definitely go with 9.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Urian

Post by Urian »

You can quite easily make a structure that uses a block dispenser to circulate between kiln, cauldron and crucible by pushing a button and having 9 hibachis will work to speed up the cooking times for all three of them.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

Urian wrote:You can quite easily make a structure that uses a block dispenser to circulate between kiln, cauldron and crucible by pushing a button and having 9 hibachis will work to speed up the cooking times for all three of them.
I would love to see a tutorial on that.
Urian

Post by Urian »

PuppetRebel wrote:
Urian wrote:You can quite easily make a structure that uses a block dispenser to circulate between kiln, cauldron and crucible by pushing a button and having 9 hibachis will work to speed up the cooking times for all three of them.
I would love to see a tutorial on that.
It's so easy (once you think of it) that no tutorial is needed.
Provided you've built your kiln (with stoked fire and all such):
  1. Place a block dispenser to the side of the kiln so that it will swallow the brick block that the pottery is placed on.
  2. Add a cauldron and a crucible to the inventory of the dispenser.
  3. Place a block where you want your switch button.
  4. Add your button to one side of the block and a redstone torch to another side.
  5. Use redstone wire to connect the torch to the block dispenser
  • The torch causes the block dispenser to by default have a block placed in front of it.
  • When you push the button you temporarily cut the power from the torch which causes the block dispenser to swallow the block.
  • When the torch automatically turns on after a few seconds it will power the block dispenser and it will place the next block from its inventory.
  • By pressing the button you will cycle through the block dispensers inventory.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I'm sure you can do it without a tutorial ;)
Build your Kiln, and the setup for your Hibachis and belows under. Now remove the bottom piece of brick from the kiln, and the block ruight behind it. Place a BD in here, and in its inventory place back your brick block, a Crucible, and a Cauldron, and you're good to go ;)

Edit : Ninja'd
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

Thanks guys. I was making it way to complicated in my head. That will save so much space and hibachi crafting. Getting the concentrated hellfire for 27 hibachi is kinda tedious. And you only need 1 bellows. I can't wait to make this. Now I just need to find a dungeon.