Playing BTW on hardcore

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FerretFitz

Playing BTW on hardcore

Post by FerretFitz »

Ive recently been in the mood to start a new world and attempt to progress all the way to the end in one life. I usually like my minecraft worlds to be "perfect" in the way of no cheating, exploits, and playing the mod how it was intended to be played. I found myself thinking on whether or not id like to play on hardcore. Is this an ideal way of playing? anyone else play this way? With the knowledge i have of the mod it would create a play style ive been looking for.
dawnraider

Re: Playing BTW on hardcore

Post by dawnraider »

Given how brutally difficult the mod is, personally I don't think hardcore suits it. Deleting all the hard work you've put in is pretty soul crushing, especially with the amount of time investment a developed BTW world entails. I've put ~150 hours into my current world, and I don't even have villagers yet. If any of my 6 deaths had meant losing the world it would have felt terrible. One of my favorite parts of the mod is overcoming the consequences of death, but that doesn't work if death is final.

But if you still want to play hardcore, go for it. That's just my 2¢ on why I won't.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Taleric

Re: Playing BTW on hardcore

Post by Taleric »

Most people play hardcore on other games to get a sense of thrill because the difficulty is just not there in regular play. With BTW since 2014 I'd say hardcore is not needed because a type of hard death is baked in already. In fact if you don't get to the point where 90% of your play is flawless in the first 30 hours you might "lose" the map anyways.

Additionally having a death in a location and finding it again hours later, nearly forgotten, is a unique feature not present in other open world building games.

Now if you conquer a BTW map, get all the things, and are just that type of player go for it, would be impressive if tedious.