Climing ladders seems to sporadically consume hunger

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Climing ladders seems to sporadically consume hunger

Post by FlowerChild »

This was spotted on one of Thor's streams. Sometimes, climbing ladders seems to consume a large amount of hunger when it's not supposed to.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it reliably (I only managed to have it happen once out of dozens of attempts), and I haven't figured out what triggers it.

If anyone has any additional info on when this occurs, I'd appreciate it.
Norton

Re: Climing ladders seems to sporadically consume hunger

Post by Norton »

Played with it a bit (4.AABBBbbbbb, on the pre-generated ladder in a desert village church). The case I found was: stand facing the ladder, tap W for an instant to start up, release, wait a few seconds to avoid sprinting, repeat. Every 4-7 times my food decremented. Same with a wool jacket or naked. Same from the ground or from the second floor (straddling the edge of the ladder). Unless I touch the ground, nothing seemed to burn extra hunger (rapidly tapping W, climbing up and down, or climbing up and releasing).

Random association: walking up onto a slab in the water burns hunger (though that one shakes the hunger bar).
Thordan Ssoa

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpikySmallGarlicTinyFace

Here's the clip of when I demo'd it for you during the stream. I never touched the ground after I got onto that ladder, and I still went through half a hunger pip during that short time. I had a hard time reproducing it later, even on the same ladder so I don't have much more in the way of footage of it.
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Anyone know if this is still occurring? I was actually wondering if it might have been related to some of the collision fixes I recently implemented, and I haven't seen it happen in quite awhile.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just had this happen, so it appears to still be a thing.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

...and got the bastard. Constantly running the game in a debugger has its privileges :)

Fixed for next release.