Nether mob in overworld? [spoiler?]

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Wibbles

Nether mob in overworld? [spoiler?]

Post by Wibbles »

... the heck? I came back from my first nether adventure post-AAAAHHHH, got back to base, and heard the distinctive fapping of a slime outside. Given that I don't live anywhere near a swamp, this made me nervous as I was already nearly dead and I've underestimated slimes many a time. Turns out a magma slime had followed me home. Is this uh, normal? Pretty sure I had looked back and nothing was following me from the portal. Pigmen I'm familiar with, and apart from unfortunate ghast appearances I can't say I've ever seen a magma slime in the overworld.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Nether mob in overworld? [spoiler?]

Post by FlowerChild »

And here we begin to see the subtle ramifications of Hardcore Knitting.
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

Anything that spawns in the nether and goes through the portal will be in the overworld witing for you when you come back. Is you portal accesible from any netherrack floor?
Wibbles

Post by Wibbles »

Well I mean the portal is some way away from my base, even though there is clearly nothing to worry about - only just about viewable in the distance. What was surprising was coming home (it was night), shutting the door, managing my inventory, getting back to my knitting, and discovering a magma slime at the door - far away from the portal. It's entirely possible that whilst I was in the nether it went through without me noticing, but surely, I would have heard it when I got back.

And yeah, I suppose it could have been the Hardcore Knitting. Symptoms can include but not limited to realistic hallucinations, loose bowels...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Wibbles wrote:And yeah, I suppose it could have been the Hardcore Knitting. Symptoms can include but not limited to realistic hallucinations, loose bowels...
Please knit responsibly.