Identical items with different recipies/stacking

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
bazilshep

Identical items with different recipies/stacking

Post by bazilshep »

There appears to be different kinds of sand piles that don't stack together or have the same recipes.
One type is created by breaking a sandstone block, the other is created by crafting a single sand block. The sandstone block version of sand pile does not have a recipe for sand (that I can find), while the other can be crafted back into a sand block (2x2 sand piles in the crafting grid).

You can also convert one type into another by picking it up off the ground or shift-clicking it into your inventory, auto stacking it with the type in your inventory and converting it to that type. Excess that can't stack with the existing stack of the other type does not get converted.

I have also seen something similar with stone, but I can't figure out how to reproduce it. I had a type of stone which could not be crafted into a loose cobblestone block.

A couple screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/y5qj0

This is tested on version 4.AAABBBA
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Identical items with different recipies/stacking

Post by FlowerChild »

Can anyone confirm this?
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote:Can anyone confirm this?
Yeah, ran into this the other day but couldn't figure out where they came from till I saw this bug thread. The sandstone bit at least, I've had nothing wierd happen with cobble yet.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I can't seem to reproduce this. Can someone give me a step by step on how to generate the two types in your inventory? Are you sure you don't have an add-on installed that might be doing something weird?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ah! NM, got it. It has to be chiseled sandstone, because it was a result of the metadata of the block being passed along to the item, Regular sandstone has a metadata of 0, and thus would not generate the odd piles.

Fixed for next release.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

bazilshep wrote: I have also seen something similar with stone, but I can't figure out how to reproduce it. I had a type of stone which could not be crafted into a loose cobblestone block.
Doing a search on stone dropping blocks, I think I spotted a similar problem with cobble walls. Will fix that too.