Better Than Wolves Installed and working in new Launcher!!

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
mc_isaac

Better Than Wolves Installed and working in new Launcher!!

Post by mc_isaac »

I was able to get BTW working (SSP and MP servers) with the newest launcher available on minecraft.net.

I wanted to share my discovery to see if any others are able to replicate. or run into issues.
Firstly I have a working .jar .json version already setup that I was using with the alternative launcher. I set this up using mcpatcher with better grass and all that enabled.

I then installed and ran the new version of minecraft downloaded directly from minecraft.net.
At this point if you try to run the working version it will allow single player but give an error logging into servers.
To fix this:
-I opened my .json file
-search the file for "minecraft arguments"
-Modify it from:
"minecraftArgumentsminecraftArguments":"${auth_player_name} ${auth_session}
-to:
"minecraftArguments":"${auth_player_name} token:${auth_access_token}:${auth_uuid}

I was then able to log into my Better Than Wolves Headed Beastie server and play with no issues.

Despite me using the above method of an already created .jar/.json, I feel that manually installing BTW and modifying the json in the way above will still work but i have not personally tried this.

Edit: I forgot to mention that after changing the minecraftArguments, you also then need to create a new profile using the profile you just modified.
Wibbles

Re: Better Than Wolves Installed and working in new Launcher

Post by Wibbles »

My experience with the new launcher is that the fresh 1.5.2 version it downloaded had this line for minecraftArguments:

Code: Select all

"minecraftArguments": "${auth_player_name} ${auth_session} --gameDir ${game_directory} --assetsDir ${game_assets}",
The --assetsDir parameter stopped the game from using a custom game directory. Don't know why. So if you, like me, want to have a separate directory for BTW saves (to prevent unhappy accidents), and changing the game directory in the launcher hasn't had any effect, then this is most likely why.