Your thoughts on E3 2017

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Taleric

Your thoughts on E3 2017

Post by Taleric »

It was a pretty interesting show, better than last year anyways in format.

The Nintendo Rabbit XCOMish mix was interesting by not something I would buy.

I have been in the market for a Need for Speed fix but with the last one being always online and all the instant replays in the one shown nothing looks good there. I would say Forza or Project Cars 2 but I really just enjoy the customization bit.

Any catch your eye?
Niyu

Re: Your thoughts on E3 2017

Post by Niyu »

Metro and Wolfenstein looked interesting. The last night had a great look. I hope the game is actually interesting.

About the shows. Microsoft was pretty interesting with a huge variety of games. And ubisoft was surprisingly not embarasing to watch. EA was duller than ever.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Taleric wrote:The Nintendo Rabbit XCOMish mix was interesting by not something I would buy.
Yeah but we have a Xcom2 expansion got announced. More stuff for the Long War Modders to play with!

Also i love Devolver so much it kinda hurts my spleen.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Niyu wrote:The last night had a great look. I hope the game is actually interesting.
Game is made by friends of mine. It's INSANELY high tech, not sure how fun it'll be to play, but I can promise it'll look stunning.

Guys are fans of Flashback, Another World, etc, so I think it'll probably be lots of fun.

I was freaking out so hard when I saw their game was featured on E3. They told me they'd signed a big contract, but I didn't figure it was going to be THAT big.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Nothing really grabbed my attention, but at least Devolver's press conference was entertaining.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Was honestly a bit disappointed in Microsoft's lack of AR. Was really hoping for a bit more of that in this conference. Here's to hoping that it doesn't get swept under the rug!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

magikeh wrote:Was honestly a bit disappointed in Microsoft's lack of AR. Was really hoping for a bit more of that in this conference. Here's to hoping that it doesn't get swept under the rug!
Yeah, at this point I think they're Minecraft billions may have been an error. I'm pretty sure the plan was to use MC to promote their AR, but it's been MIA for so long that it's becoming a less and less relevant promotional tool.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

magikeh wrote:Was honestly a bit disappointed in Microsoft's lack of AR. Was really hoping for a bit more of that in this conference. Here's to hoping that it doesn't get swept under the rug!
Yeah but isnt that more of a CES thing? I think they had their hands full with the xboxx onex x launch. It would seem kinda out of place there.
FlowerChild wrote:Yeah, at this point I think they're Minecraft billions may have been an error. I'm pretty sure the plan was to use MC to promote their AR, but it's been MIA for so long that it's becoming a less and less relevant promotional tool.
Minecraft 4k tho! So much pixels dude! They have the best pixels dude!!!!
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I motion that it be referred to as the XBox 9 (IX), mostly to piss off Microsoft fans
Better is the enemy of Good
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I'm starting to be really confused about who's in charge of naming things over there.

You name your first one Xbox, people refer to it as Xbox
You also name your second one Xbox, so people start referring to the first one as Xbox 1 (also, doing a 360 means ending up in the same spot, so uh...)
You name the third one Xbox One of course, so no one knows what to call any of them anymore
Then you name the new one Xbox One X, whose initials spell out X.B.O.X., which means they actually did do a 360 this time round.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

IT'S INSANITY. IT'S THE VOID DESTROYER.

http://cad-comic.com/comic/maybe-it-all-makes-sense/
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote: IT'S INSANITY. IT'S THE VOID DESTROYER.
Hehe... I never thought of it before, but there does appear to be some non-Eucledian geometry involved here :)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild wrote:Hehe... I never thought of it before, but there does appear to be some non-Eucledian geometry involved here :)
I didn't figure that Microsoft would come up with a recursive naming scheme for a major product before you did, but there it is.
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

I watched all the major conferences this year (as I do every year). And this year it was all so flat. I don't know if it's because of my increasing disgust for AAA sequels, or because it was truly boring overall. Every conference had their moment of something that at least peaked my interest but there was nothing grabbing enough for me to like the entire conference. I actually enjoyed watching Ubisoft's the most.

And out of everything I've seen, I'm most excited about Sea of Thieves. But I'm still not sure if this is going to be fun enough to keep your attention, if it will disappoint at a No Man's Sky level, or if there is actually a game there worth playing. After watching the 40 minute game play video that was released during E3 I'm still excited for this game. It does appear that lots of the game play will be left open to the gamer a la Minecraft, but this of course leaves the game open to become boring... Plus it's not done yet so i can't fully judge it... The fact that you could get a bunch of friends online, form an armada of ships, and just roam the high seas looking for ships to pick off and loot gives me hope in a fully immersive game...
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Meh, the most exciting thing going on right now wasn't even on E3..

Julian Gollop's Phoenix Point...
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said