NO Looted Witch huts near spawn ! :(

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
ko_teknik

NO Looted Witch huts near spawn ! :(

Post by ko_teknik »

He all !

I have a question about witch huts ... Because i just started playing in a new world with the last update timing rodent b.
I play in this seed : " EDIT : i delete the seed dont wanna spoil ! "

if you create a world with that seed just travel in the swamp biome near ocean and you will find a witch huts with a brewing stand !
this is a cheat ? Bug ? I believe we can find brewing stand only 2500 block away from initial spawn !

I wanna know if my world have a bug because i make video let's play for youtube ... And i don't wanna play with a bug like this, and maybe i have more other think ... I don't know but if i have NO-looted chest, villager near my spawn this will break my game ! And i must stop my let's play :((( And restart on a new seed !

I play only with better than wolves no other mod ! I have create the map with random seed ( by default ). I never launch the map with other minecraft version and i don't have used any other tools.

Thx
Last edited by ko_teknik on Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorgebonafe

Re: NO Looted Witch huts near spawn ! :(

Post by jorgebonafe »

I don't believe witch huts are ever looted. At least from all my playthroughs, if I found one close to spawn it would always have everything in it.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
MisterFister

Post by MisterFister »

Can confirm. Seed 5939968174303818863 has not one but at least two fully equipped witch huts within ~200 block radius of OS. First one ~145 blocks due east, second ~170 blocks compass bearing 195-ish (south by southwest). Seed generated in Timing rodent b at some point in December 2016 with vMC v1.5.2.

Also, abandoned desert temple ~275 blocks due south, abandoned village ~210 blocks compass 255 west by southwest, hosting netherportal, portal perched on EXCEEDINGLY precarious 10x12-ish area netherrack / soulsand island about 35 blocks above lava ocean coastline, within sight of fully equipped fortress ~210 taxicab distance north-ish, and first pumpkins AND first cocoa pods visible from original spawn point immediately after seed gen, OS located at plain / swamp / jungle boundary with ample fishing and shallow lagoon and underground waterfall with lava-layer-visible trench albeit swarming with squid. So it's not just witch huts, but also abandoned villages with decent materials for teardown, looted desert temple, and full justification for hoe-first build with less than 30 seconds in-game, 4 exposed surface-coal spotted while still fisting trees on first day. Hell, recently discovered lode of no fewer than six diamonds at lava level within 5 blocks of OS. I read from these forums that strongholds can be astonishingly close to OS as well, though often very deep strata.

If I understand correctly, it's desert temple / jungle temple / and villages that have been manipulated by this mod, but other structure-spawn mechanics remain essentially as-vanilla. I think you're fine.
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

Thx for reply !

My good i never seen that before ! Since i play btw until today i have never found witch hut near spawn !!!

Okay i keep my world ! I love you
MisterFister

Post by MisterFister »

ko_teknik wrote:" EDIT : i delete the seed dont wanna spoil ! "
Be advised that the measurements I was quoting was from the seed I mentioned, not the seed you mentioned. Or am I misunderstanding "spoil"?
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

No i delete my seed because i don't wanna player copy it and travel on it in god mod ... And maybe give me information ...

But if you want the seed ask in MP