"Combining" MC Saves

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
kingcharlesiii

"Combining" MC Saves

Post by kingcharlesiii »

I’ll be simple and concise.

I have two world saves that each have a base I really, really like. Is there a way to “cut out” a section of the World A and transplant it a spot in World B?

I vaguely remember something like this being possible with MC edit but I don’t remember the details.
I’m mostly interested in transporting the buildings. I realized I would probably lose the BTW mod blocks I placed which is fine. That would probably be considered cheating anyway. I’m just curious if this is possible.
Gilberreke

Re: "Combining" MC Saves

Post by Gilberreke »

MC Edit is probably your only option yeah
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

kingcharlesiii wrote:-snippy- I realized I would probably lose the BTW mod blocks I placed which is fine.
McEdit actually has a nice system where it considers all 'unknown' blocks to be future blocks that it just hasn't been updated to see yet. So It will allow you to copy/paste without much issue. I think the biggest problems would be blocks that are tile entities. (ie. have inventories) McEdit also Might have difficulty with the rotation of blocks, so all the moulding/siding/corners..etc may come out funny. Take it for a test drive and tell us how it worked out for you :)
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
devak

Post by devak »

magikeh wrote:
kingcharlesiii wrote:-snippy- I realized I would probably lose the BTW mod blocks I placed which is fine.
McEdit actually has a nice system where it considers all 'unknown' blocks to be future blocks that it just hasn't been updated to see yet. So It will allow you to copy/paste without much issue. I think the biggest problems would be blocks that are tile entities. (ie. have inventories) McEdit also Might have difficulty with the rotation of blocks, so all the moulding/siding/corners..etc may come out funny. Take it for a test drive and tell us how it worked out for you :)
As far as i know, copying etc goes fine. The problem is that MCedit doesn't know *what* it is copying, and so more advanced functions like rotate don't rotate BTW blocks properly.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Tile entities do not have a problem copying (even though it doesn't know what it is, it still knows to move the data), but yeah don't try and rotate any BTW blocks (sometimes it doesn't know what it is and does nothing, other times it thinks it's a vanilla block from versions past 1.5; the latter when rotated can actually change which BTW block it is depending on how metadata is set up)
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
kingcharlesiii

Post by kingcharlesiii »

Cool, I didn't know that MC edit would copy BTW blocks as well.

I'm going to play around with it for awhile. Thank you everyone.
devak

Post by devak »

kingcharlesiii wrote:Cool, I didn't know that MC edit would copy BTW blocks as well.

I'm going to play around with it for awhile. Thank you everyone.
It's a program that moves around data. It doesn't know what that data represents unless it's specifically been coded to. So Block ID's, entities, metadata are all fine. It's just that it can't manipulate that data (e.g. to rotate blocks) properly since it doesn't know whether one block's metadata is for rotation or for other functions.