My Summer Car - Hardcore Life Survival Simulator

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
DaveYanakov

My Summer Car - Hardcore Life Survival Simulator

Post by DaveYanakov »

Build a car out of spare parts and enter a finnish rally. Try not to die of a burst bladder. Knowledge of how to drive a diesel vehicle is required as there is nothing in the way of tutorial or guide. You will have to figure everything out for yourself.
10/10 would urinate on the burning wreckage of the car I spent a dozen hours building again.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/516750/

Better is the enemy of Good
Gilberreke

Re: My Summer Car - Hardcore Life Survival Simulator

Post by Gilberreke »

Oh wow, I need this in my life and probably several orifices.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I believe everyone needs orifices in their life. they always make things better
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

jorgebonafe wrote:I believe everyone needs orifices in their life. they always make things better
5/5 Would ask Jorge to comment again :D
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Bought the game, no knowledge of what's in a car, looks like everything i need is in the garage, takes hours putting the janky physics engine together, some more hours putting the car together, no more parts left after trip to gas station, it runs but it won't drive, no idea why, 10/10 would get flung into space by doors again
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

This game is like a dank permadeath version of BTW. I've assembled the engine on the first day, however one of the belts is missing and every time I try to get to the nearest town for supplies, I die of crashing. Even on driving with the first gear its frigging lethal.
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
ada221

Post by ada221 »

Bought this game a few hours ago, Looks like something I'd love (and something we'd all love due to shared aspects with BTW) but, alas, It gives me horrible motion sickness... Any tips on how to alleviate that? changing FOV or some setting, perhaps?
-I stopped playing Minecraft a long time ago; BTW is its own game to me

-even after these forums are gone, as long as I have the files, I will continue to play Better than Wolves
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Narrow FOV and low framerate are the usual suspects for motion sickness in video games. Head bob can do that as well, but I'm not seeing that in the video that Dave linked.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I get motion sick with wide FOV instead of narrow, but yeah, tweaking that should do it.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

I only recently got around to playing this, send help I can't stop!

You have to laugh for all the PC power we have now what most of us here want is not visuals but lag free play of things a decade ago.

From the music, to the excellent vehicle construction and even jobs this game is like crack.

I keep finding nostalgic features that are done so well https://imgur.com/a/Gq92i

Can't wait to see what they think up next and if they will do a "My Winter Car" ect.

Give this a try if you have not, just fun.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Taleric wrote: You have to laugh for all the PC power we have now what most of us here want is not visuals but lag free play of things a decade ago.
Well, in this case it's an amazing amount of depth to the car simulation that I don't think could have existed a decade ago. The detail on it really blows my mind, especially when you get into stuff like tuning the rockers on the engine.

Having only done some very basic automotive mechanics in my life, I found myself learning a ton from that game. While it's really only a single vehicle simulator, it puts stuff like Car Mechanic Simulator to shame IMO.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Absolutely agree. I had grabbed car mech sim too and it touched on many components but failed to really bring them alive.

I guess with the statement on 90's games I was thinking of Factorio in the same way. I am sure devs had great ideas like these back then but the computing power was just too subpar. Now most lowend PCs can run very busy games seamlessly so creative devs can give things a shot.