Redstone dudes

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
blithen

Redstone dudes

Post by blithen »

What's the best way to go about making 9 hibachi's next to each other all activate on one switch?
And remember, I picture says 1000 words. ;)
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
foi

Re: Redstone dudes

Post by foi »

I usually use redstone torches but here is my first try.
I hope it isn't too confusing.
Spoiler
Show
Edit: I just realised that two of those repeaters are obsolete... oh well it still works.
Last edited by foi on Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

A repeater facing every hibachi on the outside, and a line of redstone connecting all them.

For the center hibachi, you need to put a redstone torch underneath it, and have a wire run to the bottom of the block that torch is on. There has to be a NOT gate or an inverter connected to the wire that's touching the torch block. You can then run a wire from the inverter back up to surface level and you is done.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redst ... 8.C2.AC.29
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWNciuXw ... r_embedded

Battosay did it so I assume it's the best method.
blithen

Post by blithen »

Thanks for the replies guys!
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Sorry, I can't make a picture at work, but you only need a repeater on every other hibachi block, unless you really like them to all turn on at the same instant, will save you some resources.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

If you want the Hibachis to be flush with the ground, you can place the hibachi's ABOVE blocks with a redstone torch on top. Then run your repeaters into these blocks and do the same single torch block trick with the middle one on an inverter as normal. Will take up more space total (volume) but will be deep rather than wide and allows it all to be flush with the ground. Of course, with this design the default state for the hibachi's will be lit so remember to have your switch powering it on an inverter so accidentally destroying the switch you wire it to doesn't light the fire.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing